Reviews for Nobody's Mother
WickedBones chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
Wow! This is absolutely perfect! Especially the last line. You've really mastered how to write the thoughts of Brenda.

Jessica Foster chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
Wow! That was a phenomenal story. You perfectly expressed the emotions that Brenda felt in that episode.
MirandaMinerva chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
You capture Brenda so well - her confliction and desire to be more considerate than she is, but in a sort of pre-contemplation phase - aware of another possibility for how to interact with others, but not actually willing to contemplate actually making change/s. And I loved the whole "Level" system Brenda has devised for analyzing Fritz's anger.
callih chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
The reason Brenda is such a powerful character, I that she is deeply flawed and obsessive. Her single-mindedness, her lack of connection with, not only her own emotional state, but those around her..makes her who and what she is.

You brought that delicate balance out perfectly in this chapter. What is 'right and good' in Brenda's world is not always 'right and good' in reality. Her struggles were aptly played out here in calculated, precise prose.

the inner workings of the Fritz/Brenda relationship is an ongoing struggle for both people. You have a keen grasp of the dynamics therein. a pleasure to read..thought provoking and subdued brilliance, my dear. I stand in awe.