Reviews for I Believe in Sleep
Hoodie Hugger chapter 5 . 3/16/2014
I really liked this series. Marco's paranoia was spot on. Thanks for writing these.
Joryuu12 chapter 5 . 3/15/2014
I find it interesting that Cassie was the one who'd turned out the least affected, seemingly, by the end of the series, because I feel like she is the one who fought her conscience more than the others to do many of the things they did. None of the others really enjoyed most of the brutal things they did or hard decisions they had to make (other than Rachel, at times), but they could always see what they thought was the necessity while Cassie fought her strong sense of morality. You do great at catching her war with herself in this chapter.
Joryuu12 chapter 4 . 3/15/2014
While I enjoy every character, I always found myself a bit more excited when it was time for Jake to be the narrator, so I guess I could say he is my favorite character. I think part of that is because he had the hardest of it, in my opinion. All the kids had their burdens, and they were all fighting the war, but as we all know, the pressure of leadership began to get to Jake eventually. And on top of that, as you've described here, he was literally living with the enemy in his house, so he had to be extra careful, as well as take steps to protect his parents when necessary. That's a lot to deal with. I have to admit that I didn't really love the way Jake ended up by the end, but I can certainly understand how he got there. You capture some of that very well with this chapter.
Joryuu12 chapter 3 . 3/15/2014
I know I've already said this, but I'm loving your deeper pokes into things the kids might have to deal with that were either not covered at all or barely touched on in the books. It's a more realistic and mature view of the psyches of people who do the things the kids are doing, without the 'kid friendly' censoring that even the darker half of the book series had to deal with.
Joryuu12 chapter 2 . 3/15/2014
Very touching. I was always fascinated with the connection between Ax and Tobias. Not only biologically related, as they found out later, but becoming best friends, or 'shorms'. I wish the books had explored more of that plot line, but it didn't so I have to get my fix from fanfic, and I definitely got some satisfaction with this one :)
Joryuu12 chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
Interesting take. One thing the books never covered too much was the effect the changes in the kids had on their home lives and families. I enjoyed this.
Shane C chapter 3 . 8/24/2012
very good marco "voice." marco is an ambiguous proposition to write...i find him the easiest and the hardest at the same time. the tough part is finding timeline-appropriate pop culture refs to create his sarcastic jokes out of...but you pulled it off very well :D he was very IC in his decision not to take the sleeping an insomniac, i know how hard it is to go without sleep and how, after a while, you'd give just about anything to get it. i appreciate his unselfish mentality about it, and it's fitting. thanks again for sharing your work with us!
Shane C chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
very IC. i always like reading ax in the hands of a talented writer, even when there's not much going on. and tobias seems appropriately distant and reckless for the series timeline. a good glance at the relationship in a turbulent time.
Shane C chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
you took a risk, here...writing rachel like this. it seems like all that i read (and write, lol) is Martyr Rachel. everybody always forgets that she was...well, she was pretty much a bitch. who knows if the war made her that way, or it was always there? either way, it /was/ there, and i think you did a good job for not shying away from it. for later rachel, sadly, this is spot-on. very well written piece...the only thing that jumped out at me was that if tobias was injured, they'd be asking him to morph, not demorph. very minor issue, though, and doesn't take away from the story in the least. thank you for sharing.
mistrali chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Poor Rachel, and poor Jordan. I can sympathise somewhat; my younger sister means the world to me, and this is a realistic look at how the war affected Rachel's temper and frayed her relationship with her family.
mistrali chapter 5 . 6/30/2012
This is fantastic. You've captured Cassie's voice perfectly.
wingswordsandmetaphors chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Insightful and in-character. Wow.
hawktakesflight chapter 5 . 9/26/2010
It's hard to reconcile "saving the world" and "murdering", more so in Cassie's character, but you pulled it off very well. Again with the grades and vet school; a shout out to the life Cassie and the Animorphs wish they had back.

The comparison between animals who simply don't have (do they?) morality and a human who chooses to discard it is intruiging, and cuts straight to the heart. All in all, a thought-provoking piece; brilliantly done.

hawktakesflight chapter 4 . 9/26/2010
The seamless performance that Jake has to put up with the rest of the Animorphs is compounded here with his act of being a younger brother to Tom. Interestingly enough, you portrayed Tom's - or Tom's Yeerk's - act as an older brother to Jake perfectly well, such that they balance each other out cleverly.

The talk about the trivial stuff like basketball and negative distribution really does leave an impact; the sibling name-calling and all really does make it sound like a normal sibling relationship that Jake hopes for. The ending's also very apt; very weary, resigned, determined Jake. All in all, very well done once again.

roonilwazlib1 chapter 5 . 8/15/2010
This is a really good story! I really like the idea of one-shots. And I really liked that line at the end of Cassie's chapter: "Had Elfangor known that he would turn us into animals in more ways than one?" Update soon!