Reviews for If You Want Something Done Right
I have to pause here for a while.. this Lily is so out of character and unlikable, first her treatment towards James Potter is not right, I know in canon she dislikes Potter before she started dating him but there is a difference between dislike and hate and want him dead. And then we learnt that she's spying on Severus. Friendship is built on trust, if she doesn't trust Severus why would she expect trust in return and why would she expect him to do whatever she says. And now in chapter 8. Crucio Severus? This is downright hypocritical and abusive. If for some odd reason Severus Snape continues to love this Lily, the relationship won't be healthy anyway. I like your plot - but I think your story can be further improved by making your character more likable - be it Lily, Severus, James or Albus. They all have their own merits.
I be read almost all of 50000 plus snily fanfiction but this one is something different and unique in beautiful sort of way. I read this continuously for 15 hrs without resting. Without doubt this is my favourite fanfiction thank you for writing this.
But It feels kinda weird that lily is mysterious, skilled, manipulative,knows Latin and French, knows more magic than Snape, is more intelligent and spy like than Snape and finally Snape just follows lily like a creepy stud desperate emo wanker. I think Snape needs some more credit.
Anyway thans again for writing this I hope you will complete this.
trapezefixe chapter 49 . 2/5
I hadn't read any fics since probably the last time I read this one. I am so glad I took the time out of term to re-read and catch up! Are you still working on this? I hope so. It's been so wonderful to follow Severus and Lily through your mystery. I have enjoyed every subplot so far, and their romance is so sweet. All of the darkness has been understandable and well-reasoned. There's a lot to laud...sorry that I didn't review every chapter, but I just had to keep reading!
Rokufox chapter 4 . 12/27/2016
I love this story so far. I am enjoying it very much. I hope you will continue!
unfunny moment chapter 10 . 12/14/2016
Are you going to do anything about the fact that she used an Unforgivable Curse and tortured him? This is setting up to be an outright physically abusive fanfic, Lily abusing Severus. I wasn't expecting that.
A funny moment chapter 7 . 12/14/2016
I just thought you should you know, you have a line that reads "I have a preposition for you Snape" Which one? By, from, to, or towards?

I read your first and your last chapter before deciding to sink into your fic and was glad to see your writing grew! Fanfic's good for practice. I don't want to offer a critique until I've read more, but I hope that made you laugh. It made me giggle.
badkidoh chapter 49 . 7/27/2016
imaginexthat chapter 49 . 7/25/2016
I am surprised that Slughorn trusts students to make Felix Felices potion without supervision. Anyone could easily steal or get some. I had forgotten to mention earlier about Snape using Legilimens on Lily in earlier chapters when they were arguing or second-guessing one another, and now, he could've used the same for any invisible threat/intruder. Idk what a Girde potion does, but maybe it's a message for Snape to make one? Or maybe, the intruder was waiting to get their hands on the liquid luck. I imagine it would be very difficult to outsmart Dumbledore. One thing he cannot do is outright Legilimens. Maybe Snape should start learning Occlumency?

Thanks for a fast update!

Jeanne :)
imaginexthat chapter 48 . 7/24/2016
Oh, yeah, another thing. Not really important. I don't think Snape's letter needed to be coded. There was nothing in it that was incriminating. Writing letters was a feat in itself. Your attention to detail is fantastic!

Thanks, for coming back and such,

Jeanne :)
Guest chapter 48 . 7/24/2016
I'm so glad you're back, though I must admit I stayed away myself. I blame Chapter oh, idk, that chapter where Lily got naked! So uncharacteristic of her, though it's your story. Someone already reacted for me, so I'll shut it...Anyway, I must say Alan Rickman's death was such a loss to me. He was a consummate artist, so mesmerizing in his performances from the theatre, television, and films. So suave, silky, and smooth, with a voice that filled women's fantasy a-plenty. How he could spew lines for what, 15 minutes straight? Gosh, he's made his mark long before his Snape role. Snape is sexy, I think, as he is already, but Rickman made him sexier! :D and :(

I suppose you have seen the Broad Strokes production of Snape and the marauders. I love it in its content (alas, it was painful for Snape to let her go). I have my own Snape-Lily image in my mind. Back to your story,...

I like the duel between James and Snape, getting Lily out of the way. I thought there was a foreshadowing in the appearance of veins on Lily's skin! Maybe its the soul from the cup? If Lily dies, you'll break my heart, hear?! I hope she won't ever use the last spell Canon Lily did. Ugh!

Anyways, I'm glad to see some light in this mystery of yours, though there are more questions raised. I had to read earlier chapters cause it's easy to get lost in the long chapters. There were subtle references that I wonder whether they were relevant: the music box gift of Eloise, the Durmstrang boy she met at Nice? The cave where she met Latimer one time, Professor Locus' research, the bigger werewolf (Fenrir?), Flamel, the Hallows graffiti the Durmstrang boys did, among other things. There's something to look forward to.

I like the roles his Slytherin friends get to play, including Regulus Black. I had hoped Snape would research on horcruxes since the eavesdrop. Was Latimer really Eloise's uncle? Why do I think he's her real dad, because her mother forbade her to communicate with him? So, who killed who? I see no motive for Latimer to kill Eloise's father. Since Latimer knew about horcruxes, was he playing horcrux hunter like canon RAB? It did not sound like he was working for Voldemort anymore. He was going to Albania, yeah? Was Dumbledore lying about the murders of Eloise's parents and uncle? Why had Eloise fled, anyway? I thought it was because of the "attempted murder" on Snape. Could there be a different reason?

When it comes to the marauders' era, Albus is a d_i_k to Snape. He excused their gallivanting and even made the arrogant Potter Head Boy! He did seem insincere, maybe tried Legilimens or Imperio on Slughorn? Why was he interested in bring the cup back to its former glorious state? Or was I reading too much on things? Based on these questions, I'm not even sure if Eloise is half-blood. Why would her mother be a target of Voldemort? Because of her blood status or because of her link to Latimer?

I really, honestly love your story. It has the potential to become epic!

I've always believed Snape was romantic, don't care what he looked like. The way he carried himself, he is tall, sexy, sensitive, witty, sarcastic, confident, skilled, highly intelligent. Can one be confident and insecure at the same time? I guess, Snape was. And, Potter? Um, he's Pureblood, and rich? I don't like Canon Lily and James. I love your version definitely!

So, it'll get worse before it gets any better. I'm here following you all the way. You're just too clever. Just don't break my heart! K?

:D
Jeanne
Kashel chapter 48 . 6/27/2016
Thank you for those great updates! I've enjoyed reading them, especially because they remind me of the good time I had when I first came across your story. It's quite exciting to see where things will head to. Right now, I only have a vague idea of what might happen.
badkidoh chapter 48 . 6/27/2016
Emi Philmore chapter 47 . 6/19/2016
I liked the way you navigated them through a conversation with Dumbledore. The twist was also really cool. My, have we got ourselves a screwy case. But that's what makes this story so much fun! Can't wait for more! Especially with the way you ended this chapter.
Kazetoame chapter 47 . 6/16/2016
My exact reaction at the end of the chapter: "oh fuck". This story just throws curves all of the place. I need to keep it to just reread over and over, it's that intriguing to me. I love this mystery to be solved. I feel like you combined JKs wizarding world with her Strike series, utterly content. Please don't drop.
badkidoh chapter 47 . 6/16/2016