Reviews for Into The Night
wolfraven80 chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
I'm sorry for taking so long to review this. It was brilliant! I love what you did with it! This is probably the most original TSS AU piece I've come across. The way you shifted everything into a science fiction context was great while also keeping the characters very much in character. My favourite part was this:

"A few months ago, he was given command of the HMS Silver Knight.

The newest Paladin-class battlecruisers incorporated the latest in R&D, and he supposed the name was not too out of line with the class designation... But he was quite sure he had a horrified expression when the princess announced his newest command with a devilish grin. Eirika might not tease as much as he twin brother, but she made up for the quantitative difference with quality."

Loved that! That was funny and a wonderful portrayal of the AU Seth/Eirika dynamic. Also I quite liked the ship names and classes you chose; that was a really nice touch. Great work! I really enjoyed it.
Trevor X chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Oh! Starships!

Ah yes, that classic debate of armor versus mobility versus firepower. Realistic when you consider that in order to pull off the maneuver, they had to give up their advantage - that of speed and range in order to engage.

Good job blending the elements of sci-fi and fire emblem.

Kudos to all the brave sailors who died to fulfill their duty. We who remain salute thee!

And kudos for keeping Seth alive through that. We (or Eirika) would have been heartbroken had he fallen. _
Wanderer's Path chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
Holy crap. That was incredible! That was, hands down, the most amazing one-shot I've read on this site in all the years I've been reading stories here! What a delightfully original take on the beginning of Sacred Stones! I'm a huge sci-fi fan, and a huge Fire Emblem fan, and this story took both and combined them in a way I never thought possible. This was flat-out amazing, and a joy to read. If I could be any more profuse in my thanks, I would be. I'm sorry to see that you intend to leave it as a one-shot, but I understand why. Any Fire Emblem game is tough to novelize (just look at all the attempts for Blazing Sword), and it might get tough fabricating how all the details would work out. But that doesn't change the fact that this was an outstanding read. If you had plans to do any other projects like this one, I'd snap them up in a heartbeat. Thanks again for a brilliant, new way to think about one of my favorite stories I've ever played.
Steamrollers Solve All chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
Steam here, just finishing it up. All in all it was a good fic and not just swapping certain words out for other words. You did a thorough job of re-imagining the first scene of Sacred Stones in a space opera. I'd certainly like to see more scenes and events written in this style, but obviously redoing the entire game like this would be unnecessary.
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
Wow.

As a Star Trek fan, I have to admit I really, really like the starship combat here. But honestly, this was simultaneously a darned good "Fall of Renais" story that hit all the emotional points the in-game sequence should have evoked and a highly enjoyable AU. Little details like Ephraim's preference for the Marines and Eirika's bent for the Navy felt so *right*, and the very ship names ("Sovereignty of Space," heh) really made this work. The whole idea of Eirika being isolated in a shuttle during the flight from Renais actually made a narrative strength out of a real flaw in the in-game sequence (Eirika's inexperience and passivity there have always annoyed me). And characterization was great all-around- these were definitely the FE8 characters, but they were at home in their new setting.

The only crit I can offer is that Seth's digression on his background, while well-realized, interrupted the flow of a very tense sequence in a way I found a little distracting. Also, in the final scene you have "Imperial Nay" instead of Imperial Navy. But overall, this was stellar. Pun intended.
Gunlord500 chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Hey, Korsriddare! This is a really interesting fic, so I thought I'd leave a review. I thought I saw a couple lil' errors here and there (like, "possibility of Grado bring insufficient assault troops," it should be *bringing,* right? ) but overall this is very well written, and I thought putting FE8 in a science-fiction milieu was delightfully off the beaten track! So I applaud you for your efforts, keep up the good work :D