Reviews for Be More Myself
iboneki chapter 34 . 2/13/2011
Goodness. I... don't even know what to say. I've been reading in a lot of fandoms for a lot of years, and of course I'll enjoy any kind of fic as long as it's true to the characters and well-written. Short episode tags and gap-fillers, plotty mysteries, winding adventures placing heroes in certain doom, what-might-have-been AUs, whatever. But for me, the heart of any show is its characters, and fanfic presents the opportunity to explore certain tidbits of characterization we're presented over the course of many seasons. Which is why it's the well-written character studies that always REALLY stick with me over all the other genres. They're the ones I wish came in paperback for a long flight, and the ones I return to in bookmarks the same way I'd return to a DVD to watch a favorite episode. This story is the kind of character study I wish I could find in every fandom. You took such care in approaching a topic that, let's face it, has been attempted umpteen times in this fandom, in all types of ways. But your multiple POVs worked perfectly to give a complex, layered view of Tony, the Tony/Gibbs dynamic, and the loyalty of both Team Gibbs and NCIS in general. I can't tell you enough how enjoyable this was. It was a little painful to read A/N where you had to explain yourself about the story's style... surely it was obvious to people. There's nothing wrong with con crit but I hope you don't take anonymous complainers seriously. There's plenty of "shallow" adventure and h/c fic on here for those people (not that I don't indulge in that, because I do) - just saying you have nothing to apologize for.

So, phew, in conclusion... amazing. Thanks for writing.
faldo chapter 34 . 1/31/2011
Just had to drop you a line to say how much I enjoyed this fic - and thank you for writing it. Much appreciated and looking forward to more.
finlaure chapter 34 . 1/23/2011
Well I loved it and I guess I paid attention to the title. As Mike Franks would say, "nuf said."
finlaure chapter 16 . 1/23/2011
need new box of tissues after that last sentence. Still LOVING this story!
finlaure chapter 10 . 1/23/2011
Ok, tissues needed at that last part. I found a link to this on LJ and have been reallly enjoying the last 9 chapters of a very very well written story. But that last little bit really brought tears, real tears.
visions2share chapter 34 . 1/12/2011
Hi AV21,

This story is one of my very favorite pieces of NCIS fanfiction. I have read it three times now - and like it better everytime I revisit it. I have only one comment - in Chapter 30 about 2/3 of the way through you have Tony talking to Gibbs about the bug Gibbs planted on him, and Gibbs working at stopping Tony from bleeding out - I think there is a typo in your quote. It says, "Still, Boss. It was an almost perfect confession, and whatever room leftover for interpretation there might have been, was totally made clear by the stabbing. GUILTY people don't stab other people." I think you meant "Innocent people don't stab other people." Other than this one little thing that I find very confusing each time I read it - I really like this story!

Thanks for the good read,

Vi
WindStar chapter 34 . 1/4/2011
Absolutely wonderful story. At first, I wasn't quite sure if I really liked the set up, but the more time that passed the more i truly and honestly fell in love with the characters and the history you were weaving. Fantastic in every way shape and form. You left nothing out and I truly, truly believe it to have been a work of art. A definite read-again-favorite!
DELETED ACCOUNT 10123 chapter 34 . 11/14/2010
I just finished reading this, and I want a sequel! badly!

-K
MoonKittyru chapter 10 . 11/11/2010
I really like your story so far. In every chapter I have been chuckling at one thing or another and then you had to go and throw the idea that Gibbs wants Tony buried with him and his girls in Stillwater. I got a little teary eyed.

Don't quite believe Ziva quoting a movie, but you pulled that scenario off fairly well. Looking forward to finishing reading and seeing how you finish this story up.
Jane chapter 34 . 11/7/2010
this was great but there was no...slashiness

i hope you include some in the sequel! pleaseplease

and i really enjoyed the relationship between them, it was more interesting than the crime stuff, but i'm like that. :D the crime stuff serves the awesomeness that is Tony and Gibbs.
SithelfJen chapter 34 . 10/20/2010
Wow I was blown away by your story!

Kudos on a great job and I look forward to reading more of your fics!
SHAREBEAR chapter 34 . 9/30/2010
Love it. :)
Ashayam87 chapter 10 . 9/27/2010
Oh, God. NCIS fictions don't normally make me tear up, but for you I'm bawling like a baby. The thought of Tony being there next to Kelly... it's so heavy, and yet for Tony, it's like freedom. You understand them, and it shows. If only the canon addressed these familial issues we all crave.

Also: Your writing is superb. I am a big fan of Fear, and I am so thankful to get the opportunity to enjoy more of your wonderful writing style. Your thoughts flow so easily, even, or especially, when there are matters of the heart on the line. I admire the way you manage to convey the perfect tone.
esprit en deuil chapter 34 . 9/12/2010
great fic, i really enjoyed the plot, characters and the way you wrote it all :) i thought the ending was well done, it gave the impression of the fic beind complete, but still left it open enough that you could write a seguel if you so chose ;D
Visage chapter 34 . 9/9/2010
I just had to tell you what a wonderful ride you've taken us all on. This is a wonderfully constructed story that is interesting, captivating and extremely well written! I loved the idea of this story and the general plotline. But I also loved how you kept true to our favorite Special Agents and kept the feeling of family and loyalty. Wonderful. Just wonderful. To anyone who has negatively commented on how you told your story, they really need to take some time and find out what a real story is supposed to be.

While I did see a few typos in the course of this, i'm sure it had to do more with quick typing and missing it on a read through before posting than you not knowing what you were doing. Overall, your story was so well written I hardly noticed... and instantly forgave when I did. :)

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I will say that this is absolutely SCREAMING for more... but i completely understand putting school work first. Looking forward to reading more from you!

Annie