Reviews for The Beginning of the End
Aria Breuer chapter 12 . 3/12/2013
Well, that was quite an ending. I can admit, this story was very angst and plot-driven, right up to the last paragraph. I was somehow reminded of the short film "Into the Darkness", simply because of the way this story ended. I somehow knew Frodo's fate was coming, but I wasn't expecting that.

All I really can say is you did a good job. You sure know how to write angst.

-Aria Breuer
Aria Breuer chapter 2 . 3/12/2013
These first two chapters have been a good start to this story.

I realize this is an AU or Alternative Universe, but I am surprised you didn't jot it down in the summary. With that said, I noticed some errors: "the Middle Earth", there is no "the" with world or place titles and it is spelled "Middle-earth"; "Weather top" is spelled "Weathertop"; "Eleanor" is actually "Elanor", since she was given the name from a flower in Lothlorien; and I also found several issues with commas, as well as dialogue issues, since there is dialogue separate from introductory sentences for that dialogue. I did notice other errors, but that will take some proofreading and revising.

Like I said, I am liking this AU fanfiction story so far. Was this your first fanfic? This story certainly shows that. I was surprised that Frodo was missing in the first chapter, as well as the sudden appearances of Legolas, Merry, and Pippin. Still, this fanfiction story has interested me, and I will continue to read it until the end. By then, I should tell you what I think of the story overall.

-Aria Breuer
emmerlii chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
just two things so far; firstly Gollum died in Mount Doom when he fell into the lava after biting Frodo's finger off and secondly you spelt Elanor's name wrong. There is no second "e" in her name.

Hope this helped

xx Emmerlii
coconut994777 chapter 12 . 2/12/2008
Wow, that is incredible!

I am a new member and have only read a few things on this site, but wow, this story has immense depth.

Keep up the amazing work!
Rocking Horse chapter 8 . 4/12/2004
I like "Samwise"! I can almost hear Sam's accent in his words. I like your paragrph about Gandalf dieying. (is that right?) But isn't centre spelled center? (Paragraph five from the bottom) Keep writing.
Rockin g Horse chapter 12 . 4/12/2004
Wonderful! Your vocab is excellent. Keep working on it. Continue writing, you will become better. I predict it. Go Frodo Go! 0:)
Songofthewind chapter 12 . 3/26/2004
*snarls at the death-happy author*
*attacks the author with a pair of pliers*
First you killed Gandalf - that I could deal with, it was natural - but Gollum got Frodo? ARGH! *resumes chasing author with pliers, now joined by sporks and small rusty lawn ornaments*
...At least it wasn't Sam...
Don't you DARE kill Sam. If you do, I shall cut you into tiny little bits after scalding you, poking you with pushpins, pulling out your individual hairs, and skinning you alive.
~Song, feeling violently protective
Riderettes of Rohan chapter 12 . 10/19/2003
wow this is one of the best fanfics i've ever read. but please, write at least one more chapter, it ends so abruptly, i'll keep visiting back to see if u add another chapter!
High Elf chapter 12 . 9/19/2003
That was an interesting outlook - I hope you will continue the story for at least another chapter to finish it up just a bit more as you seem to have left it very open
Elbereth chapter 12 . 3/8/2003
I remember reading this a few weeks ago, but never left a review (then I lost the URL for the story and was upset). :/ I do hope you continue ASAP; I cannot wait to read more! :)
Ladyfiona89 chapter 12 . 11/16/2002
wow come on this story is getting good carry on.
Leofwine chapter 12 . 5/28/2002
! FRODO CAN'T DIE! PLEASE don't kill Frodo!
Avallon chapter 1 . 5/5/2002
Hi there! I would like to host your story. Pls contact me and take a look at my site endlessfic/

It's not opened to public yet, but it'll be up soon.

Thanks, Ava
SIHansonWeasleyGamgee chapter 12 . 4/22/2002
AAHHHHHHH! HE CAN'T BE DEAD! THE END OF THE TWO TOWERS WAS BAD ENOUGH! :::::breathes:::: Excellent story, just DON'T YOU DARE KILL POOR FRODO! Just when he's found his Sam too! Mean! But AMAZING story! Keep it up! PLEASE, I'm DYING to know what happens next!

elizabeth wyeth chapter 12 . 4/21/2002
Oh common now!

Aragorn and Legolas are near enough to bail Sam out. Don't leave him in the mud with poor Frodo! Please!