Reviews for The Bed She Made
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 6/6/2011
Oh, how very sad (though I thought recognition that women were sometimes beaten actually started in the 1960's, there are some places that were behind that).

And again, it now makes sense that Severus was born so late in the marriage, and how sad that her family threw her out.

But Women's Lib for Muggles started in the early 1970's-surely Eileen would have received more support then?

In way she sacrificed her son for her marriage, though, as well as herself. How sad.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
Very nice start (though with Severus born in 1960, I thought that Eileen's school days would have been a decade later).

But wartime romances either work out...

Or they don't.

And this makes it clear that Eileen will sacrifice even her son on the altar of this marriage.
Principi Phantasia chapter 2 . 1/31/2011
This is so sad! I nearly cried :(

so touching indeed.. I feel sorry for Eileen and Snape.. Tobias is so awful, but I do understand his point of view a little.. He must be really surprised to find out that the girl he married turned out to be a witch.

Very well written, you are such a talented writer! :)
Principi Phantasia chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
This is very well written!

I love it. A great explanation on how Eileen Prince could ever marry Tobias Snape, and how everything went wrong for her, but she still loved him... :'3
Widow767 chapter 2 . 1/23/2011
that was so sad, but very well written. It makes me want more... Did he really never go back to her? Not even after his father died?
Free Dreamer Night Writer chapter 2 . 8/22/2010
A beautiful wonderful description of how things went tragically wrong.
Free Dreamer Night Writer chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
This is amazing and really well written. I like the flaws and the bad habits and the uncertainty, it's all so real
xabandonedaccountx chapter 2 . 7/14/2010
A beautiful, tragic description of how everything went downhill for Eileen. I like how she stood up for herself and protected Severus and even tried to leave once. Just wonderful
xabandonedaccountx chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
This is amazing. Eileen and Tobias have their flaws and the bad habits which makes them real and believable. I like how Tobias wasn't abusive right from the start and held so much promise and hope for Eileen.
Bad Mum chapter 2 . 7/7/2010
Beautiful descriptin of how things went downhill for Eileen. Her pride and protection of her son are wonderfully described. Kudos.
Dramione Forever chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
I reviewed the first chapter of this story in beginning of love collection and I thought it was a beautiful but sad chapter.

I was happy to see you had added another chapter to this story as I think the second chapter ties the story up and completes it.

This chapter was as wonderfully written as the first chapter but it was also so heartbreaking. I felt so sorry for Eileen in this story as her life turned out to be so sad and heartbreaking in the end but she thought her life with Tobias held so much happiness and promise in the start and that he was her route of escape from her parents but turned out he treated her just as bad and worse than parents did in the end.

It was a beautifully written but heartbreaking story. Well done!.
Eccentric11 chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
this is amazing! very well written.

you capture every character really well and Snape's really sweet.

I would love to read another chapter, if there are any.. :)

this is plain lovely.
Eccentric11 chapter 2 . 6/16/2010
I almost cried.. this is very sad! but really well written.

you really capture every character well and Snape is really sweet here. :)

lovely.

I would love to read more, if there are.. :D
albaloo chapter 2 . 6/8/2010
absolutely wonderful!
Il'Diko chapter 2 . 6/7/2010
Whoaaa.

I thought this to be finished and was quite content with it (had a funny feeling when I saw you did another chap), but you couldn't have done better to this this story... It needed this chap and now it's really finished.

Your characterisation of Eileen was so spot on. I loved how she did try to escape at one time... and that she was strong enought to stand up, if not for herself, but for Severus. I liked how she taught him magic, how she cared that he became a fully accepted wizard. That was one great character trait of hers.

You explained it very well, why their marriage became such a failure. He did not learn to respect his wife and was afraid (?) of her beeing different. Pitty he didn't try to show her the world she became part of... this story would be something entirely different.

I also loved how you gave Tobias a human/ normal trait too. Loved how he was proud of Severus in the beggining, he was true father. But, as I said, he was afraid of magic... the bastard. All the suffering was described very real, it was very though for her. :( He was an animal.

Congrats on this story, it one of the best fics from you. :)