Reviews for Burning
FillInTheBlankNow chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
I feel like it's been referenced many times- but that ending, THAT ENDING wraps everything together in a perfect TifaxVincent sandwich. I adored Tifa initiating the romance and Vincent helping her make peace with moving on. Watching that man's feelings for her evolve throughout the game and AC was such a pleasure to read.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
yay for Vincent finally getting the girl :)
Jess Angel chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Ee haha, smoking. I love smitten!Vin. It's good to see him being the one enamored more so initially, and Tifa being the 'hunter.' Vincent was actually quite adorable here. And it worked. I also enjoyed how you did that spanning across the timeline and using it as a progression too. Wonderful job again, JJ! Thanks for sharing and keep writing!

Jess 0:o)
x Euphoria chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
I swear everything you write is so beautiful!
Uchiha Evangeline chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Sweet. I really liked to see the emotional part of Vincent.
Numinous-Alqua chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
I love your detail! This makes me want to write in a somewhat similar style because it just gets me a wound up! Keep up your writing I'm a definite fan!
Reader chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
"She reaches out a tentative hand to sweep his sticky hair aside, damp from the *excretion* of shifting about her sofa downstairs until it was just right. His ruby eyes go a little wide at her touch, rapidly sweeping over her face."I know I've got you to take care of me."

Fantastic story overall; just this one particular spelling error always gets on my nerves whenever I re-read it. It's right near the end too, so images-let's-not-mention slightly kill the mood being set up. All in all, wonderful work though.
Missyluv chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
Nice!

I'm still not totally convinced on this couple, but I am more so by your work than any others I've read.

But then the end was so...exquisite. Yeah, maybe I am getting it after all.

Besides the pairing, your writing is excellent. You are great with emotions and characterization and setting and pretty much everything.
thunderings chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
This. Was. Utterly. Amazing.

I've never read a story more eloquent, lyrical, and amazing as this. It was elegantly written, so in tune with the characters, and just utterly très magnifique.

& this line. THIS FREAKING LINE:

"She will never burn for him."

LET'S GET MARRIED NOW OKAY?
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
This was beautiful and everything I wanted it to be!
1KittyX3 chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Haha! I love it! Tifa is such a beast! :3 I loved how you really kept vincent in character through out the story. Not a lot of people really do that now-a-days. Very good. :3
Shtit chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
Ok. Lets run away together. I love this story. We could go around the world, I'd sell my body for money, you'd write and we'd be happy for a little while. God this story is amazing!

I love the last part the best, of course, but the whole thing was structured perfectly. At the end, the "burning... burning for him." Wow, that was perfecto mundo. I want to have one of those cheesy moments that freeze before the credits role. Like you say something and I say something real cheesy and lame with a smile and then freeze... credits role. OR, you hit the last period on this story, turn to me and we both do a jump up high five, and the frame freezes with us still in the air in the high five.

This made me soooo super happy. I want to find a damaged girl one day, help her change her life, and then she wants me hahahahhaha. I've tried this in real life a few times but it hasn't ever worked out quite like your stories, which is what I'm aiming for. So find me a Tifa and I'll work on it.

I want to find other people who are like-minded and I want to bring them your stories and be like, "This is the word of JessicaJ." Then I'll be seen as a prophet and drunk-with-religion girls will want my body since I'm the cool prophet guy. And then we will all drink non-poisonous kool aid.

The bottom line, this is my new favorite story. Although most of yours are favorites. Great writing. Huzzah.
sakR9 chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
I think this is my most favouritest story of Tifa and Vincent ever. And it's a one shot!

How perfect is this? Omg... I just love it. Everyone was in character... everyone was ... so hott!

Kyaaaa!

Thank you SO much for writing this for your friend ;) It was fantastic...!
anne chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
3 it!
Lett chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
Awww! You didn't have to do this, but thank you! :D Thank you for writing, sharing and bringing smiles to our hearts! You know, that image of Tifa stuck out for me as well when I saw it. She would have been a fitting bride for Chaos indeed. All sensuality, raw power and smexiness... the guys would have had a permanent hard on during the journey. XD

When you wrote about how they touched hands during a watch-that stuck like glue in my mind. Vincent, allowing himself to be touched, allowing -her- touch, the first he's ever felt in 30 years. That cinched it between them. She OWNED him from that point. Heh.

It would have been nice to see how Tifa lost all of her former rage as time went on though, but I understand since it's told from the POV of Vincent, and he's not the most 'present' of people...

I'm gonna imagine her putting on the old outfit for him to remind him of the old days.. heheh.

Alright I've ranted enough. I feel more pressure to get out my gift fic for you! I'm gonna get it out soon! Thank you again Jess. :D