Reviews for The Bodyguard
Matthew White chapter 1 . 1/8
Thanks for the review JMK758. It has been a while since I wrote this story, before I knew how to insert chapter breaks on FF.N. One of these days, I'll go back and do this.

I answered you publicly because you raised a few valid questions about this universe and the aliens. This story was probably the second or third story I had written and I was still a novice. In this universe, I saw the aliens as a dying race who came to Earth with benevolent intentions and SHADO was created to capture and exploit their technology. The story came about as a writing challenge using "The Bodyguard" as the story title. When I saw the title, I immediately thought of the Star Trek TOS episode "Mirror, mirror." I wondered how SHADO and it's operatives would appear in that universe. Since the story was a short which focused on Straker's bodyguard, I didn't involve the aliens. I had planned on doing a follow on where Straker and Lake find themselves switched with their counterparts. On of these days I'll get to writing it. :)

While this story is a concept crossover, I was also inspired by an actual crossover written by SHADO Librarian called "Harvest of the Planters". It's a great read!
JMK758 chapter 1 . 1/8
Very well done. It has been many years since I saw UFO but I was able to follow most of it. The only criticism I have is the scene shifts. In my stories I use x which does appear and leaves a space. Another alternative is o or #. It allows the reader to transition from scene to scene.
I note there was no mention of the Aliens. If they are not a feature, for what reason did SHADO come together. If they are involved, who would they support?
Denise Felt chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
Loved this story, Matt! I really liked your 'bad' Straker! *snicker* Actually, he wasn't that different from the 'good' Straker! *grin* Ginny was fun as well. And Foster? Even a mirror universe didn't alter his high opinion of himself! I really would have enjoyed a scene where Straker tortured him (and I hate torture scenes!) You're coming back here someday, right? I want to see more of this Straker and Ginny!
NorJC chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Nice story! Wow, the mirror universe version of SHADO is pretty cool! Though it's nice to see Alec being loyal even here and Straker being noble to protect Colonel Lake. Also, Virginia as a hellcat in the sack! I could definitely get into that! Nice Work!
lightcudder chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
This was really really creepy, although I think you somewhat spoiled the 'shock' effect by having the 'mirror universe' note at the beginning! I liked ( is that the right word!) your alternate Straker.. came across very well indeed, to the extent that initially I thought it was our own beloved Ed in a bad mood... until it got serious!

A really effective take on a different viewpoint!

Looking forward to more of this universe... although I don't think Paul Foster is!