Reviews for Chill
Potterworm chapter 3 . 7/21/2010
Well, Don got frost bit in LA and you had me shivering in July. I physically got cold reading this story, that's how descriptive and awesome it was.
cynsk chapter 3 . 7/11/2010
very good look forward to more from u!
newgal chapter 3 . 6/25/2010
Good job.
Cairis Rin chapter 3 . 6/5/2010
Fun story! And I can relate, got locked in a freezer once for an hour (in the desert, in the middle of summer), but I got lucky, only mild hypothermia. :)

Thanks for writing, your stories are always awesome!
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 3 . 6/5/2010
Sorry, I know I told you I was traveling and taking my laptop with me, but that doesn't always insure reliable internet connection.

There were so many references and images in this story that touched me. First, let me give a rounding cheer for Agent Jack Donaldson and his knowledge of treating someone with hypothermia. A very bad situation could have gone much worse without him.

I loved the mention of the "master key" - police jargon for bolt cutters - and the fact that poor Don's head was so frozen it took him so long to remember that.

Obviously, the first thing anyone would do in this situation would be to throw some blankets on him - try to warm him up - but who knew it was really an effort to keep the cold in, to insulate him from the heat that would warm him up too fast. That's cool. (no pun intended)

Like other reviewers, I loved the "roast" comment, but I was also fascinated by the image of several men lifting him out of the back of the truck while he is wrapped in blankets and still balled up into the fetal position. And, then, they had to slowly unfurl his body - straighten out his arms and legs - wow, just wow.

One more thought - the thermometer! I cringed, groaned and laughed out loud at the same time.

I really liked the fact that it was other agents and emergency personnel who saved him and he didn't see his team until it was all over. I love a good "team rescue", like many others, but, on occasion, it's nice to see them almost relegated to the realm of "loved ones", along with Alan and Charlie. And, I loved the fact that Charlie wouldn't touch the odds of Don getting frostbite in LA in the summer. Ha Ha

Wonderful story compressed into three action packed chapters. I agree with the other reviewers - we could sure use some more of these this summer. Keep 'em coming.
fighttowin1 chapter 3 . 6/4/2010
Imagine my delight when I return from vacation to find a new story from my favorite author! I am so thankful that you are continuing to write and share your wonderful talent with us, even though CBS has abandoned our favorite actors/characters, you have not...Thank You...Thank You!

I am new to posting, so I'm not sure whether to post to each individual chapter or to the last chapter, since I am reading it all at once. So, for now, I'll address the story as a whole, and appologies if you would prefer a response to each chapter. :-)

This short story was a delightful treat to read! I love the ending with them discussing the odds of him getting frost bite in California, and the fact that Charlie actually shied away from giving the odds, provided a lovely warm ending to the story. It was very well written, with just the right amount of angst and wump for the story...it made it very believable. Awesome job! Thank you so very much for sharing the fruits of all of your hard work and research! We greatly appreciate it!
PattyB chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
Thanks, Aleo, you gave us a great summer-time story and wrapped it up nicely in only

three chapters. Not an easy thing to do.

Thank goodness a knowledgeable man rescued Don. Without the proper precautions his

"rescue" could have gone sour very quickly.

It's always nice to see the quick, loving concern for Don shown by his family as well as

by his team. When he's recovered a little bit and able to really think, he'll be tickled

to death someone else is doing all the paperwork!

We could really use some more of these . . . they'll be read, I assure you.
PattyB chapter 2 . 6/3/2010
Poor Don. You'd think in Southern California he'd be relatively safe from hypothermia but no, not for Don. The most unlikely things happen to him.

Let's just hope his cell battery holds up . .

And Don, please don't go to sleep.
Cissyaliza chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
Hello,

Short fic but very good one. I really like how you write and situations where you put Don.

I expect you'll soon publish a new fic...

Cissy
lovesanimals chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
Short but fun Don Whump story. I can't wait to see what you are going to do to Don once he is warmed up.

I especially liked seeing Alexis again, back in the Control room.
gypsy71 chapter 3 . 6/2/2010
Short and sweet. Fantastic! A neat little plot and a new way to hurt Don, but realistically done without over-doing the angst. Just perfect. Thank you!
LockBox22 chapter 3 . 6/2/2010
as always i enjoy evey minute of your stories. glad Don made it out ok. :) thanks.
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 2 . 6/2/2010
Okay, I actually had to get up and put a sweater on in order to finish reading this. Wow, you have done some research on the effects of cold and hypothermia on the human body, haven't you? I was so happy to hear the sirens, but, rescue still eludes our hero. What he needs is some body heat to warm him up - any volunteers? Me! Me! Oh, please, Me!

Great chapter. See you again tomorrow.
LockBox22 chapter 2 . 6/1/2010
just got onboard with this story and have you say that you have me hooked; again. i hope the gang can catch up to Don in time. thanks and more please!
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
Hurraayy! A new story!

Don - outnumbered and ungunned, with frozen hands and no escape plan! AGH!

Don was, of course, spot on. I loved his constant, never-give up attitude - always looking for a means of escape or a way to overcome his captures.

Looking forward to your updates. I'll be traveling this next week, but I'm talking the laptop with me and I will keep up - believe me.

See you soon.