Reviews for Fool's Errand
vanishingp2000 chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
Beautifully written and your descriptions are wonderfully evocative. I look forward to reading more. Many thanks, VP X
mon-petit-pois chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Really great job you did with this. It's so sad but so great.
USAFChief chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
I didn't look up the lyrics to the song (if it was after Buddy Holly and Elvis I wouldn't recognize it anyway), but the story stands on it's own very well. This is certainly one way that Tony could have spent some time - musing over what he would do before he and Gibbs came up with the misadventure to Somalia.

I like it, and as a first fic, you did very well indeed.

pdf
Mooncombo chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Wow. Very, very good. Thank you!
Alidiabin chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
I like this. A good songfic which doesn't just have the lyrics and a few words. Good story.
diana teo chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
One of the good things about middle-aged writers is that their writing has a maturity and a lovely rich tone ringing of truth and this introspective story and your profile,too! I'm as middle-aged as they come,if I plan on living till 86...came across fanfic quite by accident,too,and am now a rabid reader who needs her daily fix,and I've read enough to be able to say,with a certainty,that you are way up there amongst the your teacher was ,if only CBS could see the cash cow in NCIS novels,you'd find employment in a jiffy (which according to Abby,is 1/100ths of a second).

Your fan,

Diana
Quinndolynn chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Oh, I can absolutely see this having happened over the hiatus. There was something so tangible about your descriptions, like I could see and feel it all. And this bit: "the suggestive dance that had swept them to the outskirts of love and then back to the more comfortable heartland of competitive rivalry" - just so, so them. Lovely job.
scousemuz1k chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
Excellent title, from the point of view of how Tony must have felt about it. Great scenes, I loved the idea of him sitting down in the grass on the Mount of Olives, so near and yet so far; and that nothing was resolved when he returned. Very evocative.
Betherzz chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
good little story... wish to hell they could have a do over from last summer... if tony thought he could get his ninja outta his system he was really mistaken, dont think he could ever forget her... and to think it all started with phone sex ;) thanks for the great little story
ehbiencherie chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
Beautifully written. The emotion in this piece is absolutely palpable. I particularly like the part where you wrote about Al-Aqsa and Saladin's conquest. Many people don't go to the lengths that you did to ensure accuracy in the historical and geographical aspects of their setting. Bravo to you. :)

I look forward to reading more from you.
Schmaltzy chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
I don't think I can do this justice just now, but I had to leave a review. It's seriously criminal you haven't received any yet.

A simply beautiful vignette. Your prose reads like poetry, it's so lush and imbued with feeling.

I love that your Tony is compelled to go back to where Ziva began, and that he is a little more proactive than TV Tony in trying to understand where it went wrong. Four months always seemed a little too long for him to suddenly give a damn. But, that's the problem with these elusive TV summers - the writers seem content enough to put their characters in mothballs ...

A series of vignettes, you say? Goodo! :)