Reviews for You Know You're Obsessed When
WeirdLittleStories chapter 2 . 7/12/2013
You've read both of Leonard Nimoy's autobiographies.

You have Leonard Nimoy's record albums.

You feel sad for Mr. Nimoy that it cost him so much to carry Spock around in his head, yet at the same time, you think it was an immense privilege.

You married a man who is tall, slender, and dark-haired. You married a man who is a highly intelligent scientist with strong senses of decency and loyalty. You married a man who has a long, thin face. The man you married is not upset when you make the connections, because he understands that being compared to Spock is a compliment.
Summer of '69 chapter 5 . 3/15/2013
I don't know anyone with the last name McCoy, but I do want to cure cancer and name my first male child Leonard (I have good reason for that), but nickname him Bones.
Pipamonium chapter 3 . 8/12/2012
I just comment on the last chapter - 'course I didn't meet someone named McCoy but I know someone that acts like him.
'You meet someone with the name McCoy and call them Bones.
Then unnerve that person when you explain why you just called them Bones.'
My friend has a tendency to say things like "I'm not a ..." and I swear to you she has never seen an episode of Star Trek - any verse.
Pipamonium chapter 2 . 8/12/2012
I cracked up at #7. I don't need plastic surgery to get Vulcan eyebrows or ears. I actually have pointed ears (not completely Vulcan points but there is no mistaking my points - I got called an elf a LOT when I was a kid) and my eyebrows don't curve, they sweep up then have a sharp turn down at the ends. I could shave off the end bit and have Vulcan brows. MWUAHAHAHAHA. I have had debates about Spock, NuSpock, and MirrorSpock. My husband puts his fingers in his ears and goes 'LALALALA' when anything that sounds even close to Spock passes my lips to avoid getting into a debate. I use big technobable Spockian words, but I know what they mean. I have a friend who is SO a female McCoy. We constantly bicker (in a friendly way) because we rarely see eye to eye even when we agree with the eventual outcome - she always wants to take the emotional way while I wish to take the logical rout. She isn't even a Trekkie and has NO idea why I call her 'Bones'.
Pipamonium chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
I love these kinds of lists. I have a couple of quick comments: I am a complete TOS fan. It's the only series I like and I watch. I prefer the original cheesy special effects over the revamped stuff because they're the cheesy effects - classic! I have a three year old daughter, she comes running at the first note of the Star Trek theme song, recognizing it instantly. She knows every episode of TOS and TAS. Something to add to your list: you have regular philosophical discussions about various aspects of your preferred show. I have these discussions in public, frequently. Actually Star Trek is one of my favourite topics of discussion. My other favourites are Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and Sherlock Holmes (and Sherlock). I regularly embarrass my husband by letting my inner geek fly. I have been voted 'most likely to start quoting Star Trek' by my church group. Oh! Another thing I end up talking about a LOT is comparisons of TOS and NuTrek.

So that's my random comment. Cheers!
ra chapter 2 . 7/19/2012
Omfg, a Kirk chapter would be so great!
Hehehe, i dont know if i should be scared or proud that i can relate to 80% of these!
trek-grrrl chapter 3 . 9/9/2011
"Even though he will never replace good ol' Kelley, you love Karl Urban. I mean, who can resist those eyes? And that face, that body..."

Oh, ain't this the truth... I adore De and his "McCoy" but Karl's a very close second, whoo!

GREAT lists, btw! I laughed at many of them for their veracity (did Spock use that word?)
trek-grrrl chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Love the list, but I don't get "47 is your favorite number."

I esp loved the one about how we don't get why people don't love Star Trek. I was thinking that just recently, I don't GET IT, it's so awesome!
Anahita Unduli II chapter 5 . 8/31/2011
fav chapter definitely! and i'm the trekkie and star wars person surprisingly, though at least you get my point about the books and the prequels being good!
aaliyah1963 chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
EPIC and scary that it described me to a "t".
jfkdlsa chapter 4 . 6/6/2011
pleeeeeeaaaassssseeee do a kirk/shatner one! i would love to read it!
Mystic Angel 007 chapter 3 . 4/22/2011
This is my fav chapter, Im a Kelley FanGirl
vikky-leigh chapter 5 . 3/24/2011
The Sith did, in fact, use lightsabers that weren't red. The first lightsabers, invented by the sith, were actually orange in color, and were used by jedi and sith alike. Later, when the selfrecharging power-packs were invented, and people began to use naturally occurring crystals to focus their lightsabers, the sith used blue and green crystals the same as jedi, because those were the most common colors. Red is simply the color of all synthesised lightsaber crystals. It wasn't for a long time that red began to be associated with the sith, and blue and green with the jedi, bacause the jedi traditionally got their crystals from the caves of illum. But lighsabers can be in any color as long as there is an avaliable crystal.

Ok, So rereading that, I just realised how incredibly nerdy I sound. I swear I'm really not that bad. I read it a while ago because i was bored, and I have a photographic memory.
Rose-de-Noire chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
only the "watching every day" and last thing on this list I didn't an' just because off the money...

Hell, I'm a trekkie an' proud of it every single day!...

even if it is most illogical. *big grin*
IluvSpock chapter 2 . 10/31/2010
OMG! Like atleast 98% of that works for me. Is that sad? I don't know, but I'm definitely in love with Spock! Thanks for writing this! :D

Live long and prosper! :D

P.S. One that I can add. I say live long and prosper at the end of all of my reviews. That definitely says something. I think I might be obsessed. . . :D
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »