Reviews for The Great Quest
sirenmergirl chapter 3 . 1/26/2011
I love your little anecdotes about Berk's history and the humor you put into every situation. Hiccup & Toothless's sarcasm is awesome and I like the interaction between Astrid and Hiccup. Plus I can't wait to see what else you reveal about Berk's particular brand of dragonology. Please continue this, its just getting good.
Black Licorice Addict chapter 3 . 10/22/2010
I've really enjoyed the story up until now. Hopefully Hiccup doesn't get into TOO much trouble finding this horde. And I'm pretty sure he'll be the Suprisingly Useful ;)
asdqwezxcasdqwe chapter 3 . 10/20/2010
Dear Red Star,

That wait was worth it...I must say this a million times. Amateur writers are like that; lateness here is nothing to be sorry about. At the very least you released a new chapter that was really well written! As always, your grammar and diction are perfect and I'm willing to bet my left nut on that...or maybe not, but you get the idea. This chapter was funny and it added to the exposition well. I look forward to reading more!

Best wishes and prayers,

Signed the person who has changed his name like ten times in a month! MattGGJones/LuvzDragon/MediaDragon/LuvsDragon (In that order lol)

P.S. I hate to bring this up, because as I said this is amateur work...but I am feel as though I should say it (and you should feel free to ignore my words as follows). The big dragon at the end of How to Train Your Dragon is not called the Red Death. It is actually called the Green Death. I know why people think this is the case (goddamned wikipedia), but it is not true. In the book, the big dragon is called the Green Death. Also, the soundtrack references the big dragon as the Green Death. Like I said, feel free to ignore/politely refute me. It is your fiction, so you can call it whatever you want. I just wanted to bring this to your attention if you had not already known it.

Again, best wishes and prayers!

Backroads chapter 3 . 10/18/2010
I got to be honest, I forgot about this until I got the update notice in my box, but I refreshed my memory quickly enough. I liked the introduction of the treasure lore and was utterly charmed by how it was told. Part of me wonders if you're having too much conversation chatter in this, but i can't call it a real critique because I personally appreciate dialogue far too much and it's all very in character.
GhibliGirl91 chapter 3 . 10/16/2010
Was there a reference to Pitt and Kantrop in here or was that my imagination? Probably.

So he's getting her jewlerry...c'mon Hiccup you know her better than that. She's be happy just for him to be at the party. Well hopefully he can at least make her a nice new axe, now that would suit her.
anonymous chapter 3 . 10/15/2010
This chapter was awsome! Update soon!
Victoria62015 chapter 3 . 10/15/2010
$5 on disaster! Can't wait to read more! :)
asdqwezxcasdqwe chapter 2 . 8/2/2010
Dear Red Star,

WHAT IS IT? WHAT IS IT? I NEED TO KNOW!

This update was a long time coming, I admit I was getting a little worried there for a time.

But here we are!

This chapter was wonderful; well written, and funny as hell!

Good work so far! Please keep it up!

Best wishes and prayers,

MattGGJones
Victoria62015 chapter 2 . 7/21/2010
LOVE IT. I absolutely adore this. Update soon!
Backroads chapter 2 . 7/21/2010
I was about to ask if you had looked at that book. My copy is my source of all sorts of lovely information.

Still digging this story. It's incredible! It's funny, it's well-written (which I'm sorry to say is something one does not always see on sites like this) and you truly do have the characters down pat. I feel like I'm repeating myself, but the dialogue is amazing. And these little side things you do to dig a little further into a thought/concept/character is amazing. The humor isn't taking over most of the time, but is just happily keeping up pace with the plot, which is lovely to read.

Keep going! I like this very much!
Backroads chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
A most intriguing beginning. The introduction had me smiling to no end. So... proper, yet funny in its way and the way you wrote it was most charming. Characters look great, the dialogue is spot-on and there's enough of it to be entertaining and not just move the story along. I like these subtle inner thoughts of Hiccup's. Not quite inner dialogue, but a nice look into his brain. I also like your writing, very clean, words well chosen. And the concept? I'm just excited for this story!
Jynxpixie chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
I'm excited for this story :D
The Mad shoe1 chapter 2 . 7/21/2010
I loved the way you wrote this fic, you have a truley advanced as well a sexellent sense of humor, it was like reading a Terry Pratchett book, it was just that good.
GhibliGirl91 chapter 2 . 7/21/2010
Yet again Hiccup begins suffering from tunnel vision, something picked up from the author of 'A Downed Dragon is a Dead Dragon' (v. good story). And its true, he really does think-'I need this, therefore I must do this' then doesn't consider consequenses or other paths. So basically; Snoutlout gets Astrid nice present must get her better present regardless of her personality or the fact that she is not that shallow. But of course we need him to get things wrong and then come back better than ever.

And where is this art book? I need to see the badass picture of Hiccup!
Miko Maleficus chapter 2 . 7/21/2010
Those two are both on my author alert! XD And the one you're thinking of is "A Downed Dragon is a Dead Dragon," although I can't remember the author's name at the moment. The author's actually working on a sequel now!