Reviews for 13 Ways of Looking at a Thestral
TagathaC chapter 1 . 7/10
Wonderful story! I like that I thought the first part was about Snape, only to find it was Neville. And I enjoyed the comparisons between them, and Snape's lovely advice about not marrying one's job. This is definitely a favorite, thank you so much!
kittyperry chapter 1 . 3/17
Utterly perfect. Poor Neville, but Luna and Snape just work.
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 10/25/2014
Well, that was massively awkward, wasn't it? Poor Neville, I just couldn't look away from the train wreak! Compelling.
EwigeStudentin chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
I think this story is severely underappreciated. The dynamic between the three is truly precious here. Severus reminded me here slightly of the husband AR portrayed in Close My Eyes - equally wise, noticing things, extrapolating... I also love to read about scary Snape, and you can't top Neville's POV in this regard :)
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
Very, very good; you can almost hear Neville's heart breaking. He remembers all sorts of things, especially about Luna.

And yet...he was led to Luna's house, and met Snape yet again.

You have to wonder, just how wide that bed is?

I know Luna's heart is big enough for them both.
IND520 chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
I occasionally look for SSLL fics and was sooo excited to see that you had written one! I usually just read SSLL non-romantic pairings because while I can totally imagine them developing a friendship, I've always had a difficult time believing that any romantic chemistry between them could ever exist. Yes, it was odd reading the romance between Snape and Luna here, but as always, your story was written beautifully and I enjoyed every word of it! I like that it was told from Neville's POV. How heartbreaking it must have been for him to discover that the woman he loves is shacking up with his worst nightmare. His sense of longing and loneliness and of not being good enough was very moving here. It's such a bittersweet story...Snape finally finding happiness while Neville was left to feel inadequate just as Snape did with Lily. My, how love triangles can hurt!

Well done! You know, I hope yo counsider writing a SS/NL story one day. I think you'd do rather well with it!
RedValkyrie chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
This was a lovely piece. I can't say I sail the good ship Snuna, as I was one who always saw her as a perfect companion for Neville...which, of course, is why the story resonates with me.

"We…we were supposed to be…together. Everyone thought so," he says miserably. "I…thought so."

I suppose in an alternate way, Luna is Neville's Lily, always his, never his. *sigh...

NougatEvolution chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
Really, really pretty. Cute story. Heartbreaking I think if I really let myself feel it. It's nice seeing a distinctive style on here.
Song of Scrios chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
loved it! It was such a wonderful oneshot; Snuna is such an unlikly pairing but they fit so well together don't they?
whitehound chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
Beautiful, as always. I think Luna would be very good for Severus - and she's not a person who needs to be looked after. She'd get bored with that in twenty minutes.

Btw, minor erratum, if Neville is harking back to the flight to the Ministry when he thinks about the last time he rode a thestral, if he could see them himself then there were three, not two people who could see them. Harry and Luna both could.
22Moons chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
Wow. Just wow.

I always check for new Luna stories and had no expectations when I opened this one. It was so original, and surprising and SATISFYING. I loved the depiction of all three characters.

Feng Shui, Snape? Really?

Absolutely perfect.
paddiew chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
I love the detail you put in your writing. It makes everything feel so true. You even have Severus show Neville real plants! Thank you so much for your work.