Reviews for Falling Slowly
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
I remembered this one from the zine. Loved it then, love it now.

My favorite part of this chapter was the names of the roads and Dean yelling, "Rita Hayworth! Rita Hayworth!" Almost had me laughing out loud as I re-read (in public).

*high-five*
Kumaproogey chapter 4 . 6/6/2010
Hey Amy!

I haven't replied before now because I have either been getting ready for or in Vegas when you posted the chapters (I have been reading as they come out). Details on the trip later.

This story was amazing (not that I expected any less). Awesome original characters. They were realistic, fun, and pivotal to the story. Your writing made Lucky and his pain jump off the page and seem so real.

I love how you write the dialogue between the brothers. It's so true to the show and so at times it's like I am reading a script from the show.

Again - amazing job - I absolutely love your writing.
pandora jazz chapter 4 . 6/5/2010
I had to laugh at your authors note, cute.

I'm glad that Lucky lived, I really liked him. Nice touch at the end, Lucky gave his bullet to Dean because he didn't need it anymore, deciding to live.

You did such a great job with the brothers. It was hard at times to read, knowing Sam's secret and because we all know the path Sam is headed down and the upcoming episodes where the brothers argue before finally standing united at the end of season four.

The ending scenes were perfect. Sam had some wonderful thoughts and lines, 'So Sam asked about the Impala, wondering how their car was. How their home was. The only tangible connection to their family, to their past and their future. To one another. The only thing Sam had admitted had comforted him when Dean was gone..."Because I missed you and I knew… I knew you had touched every part of that car."

Thanks for sharing your story with us. It was fun reading it again.
Linnie McCary chapter 4 . 6/5/2010
'Dean tilted his head. Did it sound that crazy? When he really thought about it, it wasn't too far off from what he was planning on doing if he ever had to kill Sam. If it came down to it. And, …God…let it not have to come down to it. "Yeah. That's what I think."'

'Sam wished…he wished he could stop time. Right here. Right now. Not advance another minute more. Just Dean and him with nothing to kill, nothing to hunt. Not losing and not winning. Just being. Young and vital and here. Because tomorrow was another day, and it was another chance for him to lose the game again. It was a fool's wish, but being foolish was what wishes were made for.'

Season 4 was a tough one-hard to watch, hard to read, hard to write. Except you did a great job writing it, Blair. I've liked all your stories, but this might be your best work to date. It's spare, but dense with what's going on with Sam and Dean individually and as brothers. Great job with both of them, and an interesting parallel plot-line to boot. I've been morose about Show since the S5 finale and this fic didn't do much to cheer me up, but I definitely enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing.
Sotobow chapter 4 . 6/5/2010
Alright, it's another long review. It's hard to keep 'em short when I have a good time reading. ;)

"-he had been stronger than Dean, stronger for Dean." Yeah, the twisted bit about Sam's power urge was that it was a bit because of Dean and for Dean (other than, y'know, addiction and stuff).

"… and then something…something grabbed me." Aw, I liked that whole story. It made me a bit sad also because I think Dean still wishes he could do that - just grab his brother, hold him close, and keep him safe. Doesn't work so well, now.

"Nothin' bad's gonna happen to you as long as I'm here." I had TOTALLY forgotten about this - that Dean used to say it quite often to Sam. I remember being sad when I realized how far beyond that they were, and that while Sam might know it wasn't totally true, he couldn't help but believe it a little. Reminds me of the finale a bit. Great work.

"It's supposed to hurt." I think Sam forgot that for a while without Dean. Very sad.

"…I don't know why he thought he had to fight himself alone." See, stuff like this that ties right into the boys' lives and yet wasn't mean that way is one of the things I really like about your writing. It's very good.

""You got a ring around your head." Again, ew. But the hickey comment from Dean was just waiting to be said. :)

""And that plan didn't include me." Loved the whole subtext of this part.

""Don't…leave." Oh, Sam. S4 must've sucked for him. He wanted to tell the truth, felt he couldn't b/c he thought Dean would hunt him or leave him, and he didn't wanna be stopped. Not a happy season, but I loved a lot of it.

I like Sam's conflict here over telling Dean the truth or continuing with his lie. He knew telling him would crush him, and not telling him would basically do the same. :(

"But in the end, he wasn't enough." Sam's always hated that. That belief has driven him and his brother to do disastrous things. Same with: "…and you're slipping away so fast, I can't catch you." That made me so sad. Especially with Sam not wanting to be saved, but just to win and keep Dean safe. Great job!

""I have to save you, Sammy." this made it hit home again how horrendous it had to have been for Dean to just watch his brother let Lucifer in and then jump in the pit. Loved this moment between the boys!

Y'know, thinking back, I did enjoy S4, but I prefer it when the guys are on the same page (or at least in the same book).

Loved the story from start to finish! It was very in character, had a great plot and awesome supporting original characters. Great fic!

Sotobow
Harrigan chapter 4 . 6/5/2010
I had LOTS of favorite parts in this. I'll single out one of them:

Gonna be okay?" Lucky moved a side table closer so Sam could set his hot drink down.

Sam looked at his older brother. "Yeah, he will be."

Lucky grinned. "I was talking about you, Sam."

Sam had to blink. And then look away. For all the moments he fought to prove he wasn't a freak, he wasn't different, that he was part of the human race, it always took just one fragile moment of real human contact for him to realize he wasn't always a tower of strength.

It is SO rare for an outsider to see into the boys' hearts and have an inkling what they have gone through, and to show them some compassion. I really treasure it when I find it in fic.

And of course, they gave Lucky a little soul ease, too. I was glad for that.

Plus, h/c all around! This just rocked in every way possible!
Ericka Jane chapter 4 . 6/5/2010
*Hiccup sob* This brought back all the pain of season 4. Can you believe I almost forgot how awful it was? But your fic was amazing. Totally in character and believable. The fact that you made me hate season 4 all over again is just proof of how awesome it was :)

-Erica
Jen-2b chapter 4 . 6/5/2010
Dear amyblair,

thank your VERY much for this amazing story.

I loved it and I am a little sad that it is finished ;)

Keep up the great work!

Greeting from germany

Jen
Hjalmar chapter 4 . 6/5/2010
It was great!

Thanks for a lovely story )
rosebud98 chapter 4 . 6/5/2010
Very staisfying ending!

Loved how you brought the 'bear story' back into the mix of this - really liked the brothers remembering. Sam remembering his tears fall over Dean's knuckles was heartbreaking and great!

Liked the brothers conversation, Sam still pulling back, Dean pushing and pulling until he finally breaks. It was such a painful season.

And then the end with the boys in the back of the truck (loved Lucky and Willie, by the way). It was funny and tense and touching. Great, great job!
leahcim chapter 4 . 6/5/2010
I thought this was a great way to end this - Just enjoy the ride. Isn't that how we all feel about the show? We get all tense and nervous, but "Dude... just sit back and try to relax."

Liked Sam/Dean's moments in this - the talk was great. I liked that he didn't share the secret, but he still confessed things, they still knew the other was important. It was still painful, but yet hopeful.

Lucky is awesome and I liked the comeback of Willie in this - Driver picks the music, the other guy shuts the fuck up was fantastic!

I liked the very end, too, with Dean sitting in the cab with the flask, the bullet, and his brother.

Nice conclusion!
Musica Diabolos chapter 4 . 6/5/2010
Awww, great story and great ending :)
rosebud98 chapter 3 . 6/5/2010
And now Dean falls! AH!

I really liked Dean, though waking up and asking if Sam was okay. Sam's reaction was great and Dean's "Poor Little Guy" was heartbreaking.

Fantastic stuff! Looking forward to the end!
rosebud98 chapter 2 . 6/5/2010
Getting caught up!

Really like Lucky - what a great name for a guy who'd been so UnLucky!

The whole bit with Dean and Lucky was great. I'm glad Sam is okay and waking up. You have the brothers down with their - glad you're alive - attitude, even though they don't know what to say to each other.

Great stuff!
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 3 . 6/4/2010
My god love...you are just a legend! :)

a bleeding legend! :)

xx

I love it!

friggin excellent work! all the knowing looks- the detailed spaces between the brothers, the way they're getting back in sync for a whole new level...

amazing :)