Reviews for Falling Slowly
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 2 . 6/4/2010

this is freakin ace! :)

where have you been hiding this champ?

Love whats happening, amazing fic and just perfectly written!

heather03nmg chapter 3 . 6/4/2010
I should have known something was coming after that hunt ended so easily. You're evil. But I still appreciate you for the hurt Dean moments.
Sotobow chapter 3 . 6/4/2010
"If he was holding Sam back..." You know, I just realized Sam's whole high on demon blood and siren poison rant about Dean holding him back might've been the 'it came out wrong' version of his 'please let me grow up and be your partner' speech. Hmm.

"An odd coincidence, or survival of the fittest?" I love your portrayal of Dean being upset and kind of bitter about Sam and stuff - it doesn't irk me at all like on the show; I'm just enjoying the story. :D

""You goddamn bunnies need to get hopping!" Hahaha! I love Lucky.

"Sam couldn't hide everything." Wow, I love this part with Dean being able to tell from TONE what Sam was talking about. And Sam does have an 'I'm talking about Dean' tone.

"Wished Sam would just shut the fuck up and stop telling the truth." I like that episode - they both kinda lied and told the truth. It was rough but interesting. I'm glad you've included it here.

"his head pulled into its throat…" EW! That's so gross! And so cool! Yuck!

I like the angst with Dean needing Sam and Sam needing Dean and both of them being too stubborn and idiotic to just freaking admit it. Very Winchester.

I also liked that you included Sam's whole thing where he's fine if he disappears or dies or never comes back to Dean, but it is TOTALLY unacceptable for something so bad to happen to his brother. They drive me crazy, but I love the characters. :)

Also, them both regretting that they've never been fast enough to save the other made my heart ache because in some ways, it's kind of true.

"He wouldn't leave you." Loved this whole part. And the Misty Mountain Hop with Sam and Dean. :)

"And the possible hunt it would engage." Ouch.

Can't wait for the next chapter! This review was way long, so feel free to respond to some or none of it. ;)

Madebyme chapter 3 . 6/4/2010
There was so much that stood out for me in this chapter, your writing is so rich!

I loved how you had Dean refer to Sam as "Mr. Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger" a very neat and accurate reference! You capture the boys so well in the season, the awkwardness of their relationship since the deal and hell. With Sam used to being independent and feeling strong and capable and Dean so unsure of his role as big brother. You play on all of that so well here.

"He needed to reach out and grab his brother. He needed to be needed. And he wanted Sam to want that." The power behind this line was so raw and honest and perfect for Dean in this season, unsure even if he can approach Sam after the car crash and Shimmer attack.

And the Shimmer! Eeww but awesome! The idea of it swallowing Sam is just fascinatingly disgusting.

I liked how you switched things up at the end, just as everything seemed to calming down Dean falls into the pond. And I liked how despite everything, Sam can't hide or push away his panic and need at wanting save his brother (""I can't…find him.")

And I love the little details of the brothers hearing the same song (Misty Mountain Hop) and thinking the same things (I just wasn't fast enough. Never have been…) but never sharing it with each other. Proving that despite hell and angels and demons, they're still somewhat in sync even if they don't realise it!

Another treat of a chapter! And I'm gutted that I'm away this weekend, because I'm going to have to wait until next week for the next chapter! But I'll be all over it when I get back. Take care, Abbi
vampyfreak chapter 3 . 6/4/2010
Liking the fic
pandora jazz chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
I love how you worked Sam's secret into this story. You captured the fourth season very well. The brothers still trying to find their rhythm again since Dean returned from Hell, (yea!)

These lines jumped out at me - I felt so bad for Dean. He just wants to be Sam's brother. 'He needed to reach out and grab his brother. He needed to be needed. And he wanted Sam to want that.'

What a creature you used for your story, one that tried to swallow Sam whole. I loved Dean's desperation in trying to save his brother and yet getting Lucky to shoot his own brother.

Than just when we think everyone is safe and we can breathe again, Dean disappears through the ice. Wonderful rescue scene and moment afterwords between the brothers. Though Lucky's line to Sam was very true, "I could tell when we were at the cabin…when he was patching you up... He wouldn't leave you."

It has been fun to read this story again.

Until the final chapter, take care.
leahcim chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
Really liked the call back to the boys' "show" voices in this - Mr. Bigger Faster Stronger - Great!

Loved the "Never have been" that you repeat through this. It brings them all on the same page.

Really liked the shimmer - liked how it was killed, liked Dean being trapped in the car, liked the plunge into the pond. Great brother moments. Very emotional, like that you've flipped things now it's Sam having to take care of Dean.

leahcim chapter 2 . 6/3/2010
Country music? That is so unlike you! But, it fits well. And it is an OC.

Love Lucky. He is just so awesome. I wish he was real and I could smoke cigars and have bbq's with him.

Liked that you took such great time on his back story, too. Great job.
Harrigan chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
What a creepy monster!

Tis is what I love best - boys in danger and worried about each other, no matter what's been said between them. You captured that perfectly!
Maz101 chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
Wow! That was exciting!

So painful that Dean so desperately wants Sam to need him again - that he hangs back and even has to wait for his permission to approach to help him. How wonderful that Sam realises he does. A very effective depiction of their divide at this point.

Great dramatic moment when Dean disappears and the desperation of rescue is so well written.

Loved Lucky's simple takes-one-to-know-one comment "He wouldn't leave you". Sad that Sam still couldn't give Dean what he needed to hear.

That's Blairism!
Maz101 chapter 2 . 6/3/2010
My memory does not serve me well but I think I may register some of the places that were "tightened" (and I only mention it cos you were interested!). In this, of course, I like Lucky. He's as no-nonsense as the Winchesters - as is your description of him. Just ...enough. Really liked his own acknowledgement of the irony of his name. Dean's discomfort over how to refer to him was well handled in typical Dean-style dialogue.

What a tragic, brutal story - and what underlying parallels to be seen.

Nice depth too with the flashback to Sam & Dean's memories.
Nana56 chapter 2 . 6/3/2010
What a great story! I'm so glad you put this out here for us. Lucky is really awesome and I can see why he's your favorite character. :D

He's got a really tragic story and it's amazing how he makes both of the Winchesters think and 'worry' about their own situation. Seems to give them some determination, too, tho.

Nicely done! :)
Madebyme chapter 2 . 6/3/2010
This chapter was made of awesome!

I don't blame you for feelings the way you do about Lucky, what a truly fascinating character he is. You're characters are always strong and well rounded but yes, I think Lucky might just my favourite! He's full of contradictions; small but strong, tough but full of heart, broken yet determined and yet it all works and he's highly likeable and despite everything he really seems to fit with the brothers.

His tale was heartbreaking and gory, but you balanced the details well giving us just enough to paint the picture and see what a tremendous load he has on his shoulders.

Sam's memory of his first kill and how Dean silently fills in the gaps was a highlight for me. It was nice to see a glimpse of how in sync they can be.

What I love about your writing and especially here, in this season, is how you've mirrored this story with the boys lives. A brother turning into a monster, slowly watching it happen but trying to convince yourself its not. It's subtle but clear and beautifully executed.

And of course that h/c really warmed my heart - I'm a sucker for it! And what a nice touch to have Lucky help out Dean, working together, as big brothers, to patch Sam up. Lovely and thoroughly satisfying.

As always with your stories, I'm completely invested now - hook, line and sinker. Looking forward to more. Take care, Abbi
pandora jazz chapter 2 . 6/2/2010
I was so glad that you didn't wreak the brothers Impala, though if it hadn't broke down they would never have been on the mountain and be in this mess.

Of course anytime we get to see big brother Dean in action, that makes me smile. Love how concerned he was about Sam and than taking care of his injuries.

Dean did a fine job of talking to Lucky, it would have been difficult to think before speaking, when your injured and worried about your little brother.

I like your OC Lucky. Very sad story, but nice how you worked Dean and Sam, brothers, into meeting Lucky, someone who has 'lost' his brother and yet is also hunting him.

Wonderful chapter.

Thanks for quick update, (though I could just go get my book and read it again), but this is more fun.

Until next time, take care.
TraSan chapter 2 . 6/2/2010
It's a delicate balance - hurting Dean and keeping him the big bro. You achieved that in spades. Bravo!

And of course - the Sam whump is always awesome in my book especially accompanied by caring!Dean.

You definitely twisted the angst knife tight with that last bit.

64 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »