Reviews for Falling Slowly
TraSan chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
Wow! Exciting opening chapter, AB!

As usual, your OCs are entertaining, the storyline equally so, and the brotherly interaction perfect.

Great story.
Sotobow chapter 2 . 6/2/2010
I actually used to just leave quick reviews with like 10 words, mostly because I didn't know what to say other than, "I liked it!" But then some author (don't remember who) I saw leave some reviews for people pulled sections like that, and she mentioned that she did it because she wanted the writer to know what she thought they had done well, and what she really liked, because how would they know if she didn't tell them? I thought it was brilliant, so I copied her. Hope she doesn't mind.

"Yeah, he's strong. And breakable, too." I totally love that you pointed this out. Dean kind of forgot in S4 that the super-hunter Sam was really just Sam being really broken.

Sam was shot? By Dean? Oops. I like though that Sam got irked when Lucky suggested Dean shot him. It's something he would do, that.

"Memory intact. Check." Haha! Sam wakes up and the first thing he does it run checks. That's so him.

I knew it! the brother was the creature. Poor Lucky, though. And his brother.

Aw, I love that Dean insisted on marshmellows in Sam's hot chocolate. And that Sam wouldn't eat them, which is typical of him (he really doesn't eat in the show).

I really like the kinda sorta parallel thing you've got going with Lucky and his brother and the Winchester brothers.

"His brother was wiping at his forehead like something had just dripped on him." I'm still sad that Sam lost Jess. She wasn't just the representation of Safe and Normal for him - he loved her.

I also like that you brought up Dean's whole worry that Sam had changed, and that it'd happened probably before Hell. I'd say it started on a Wednesday, if you catch my meaning.

Man, Lucky's story with his brother, wife, and kid was heartbreaking. And I agree with you - I love his character so far. 3

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Sotobow.
Colby's girl chapter 2 . 6/2/2010
Didn't see that coming. Interesting juxtaposition of story lines. Can't wait for more.
Harrigan chapter 2 . 6/2/2010
Lucky is awesome!

Man, I didn't know how much I was craving an old-fashioned casefic until you dangled this one in front of me! It's all kinds of satisfying!
heather03nmg chapter 2 . 6/2/2010
You're killing me over here. I'm now with Harrigan...post the next chapter missy!
Maz101 chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
I remember this! Looking forward to reading it again.

Your music choices amuse me. Dean's own amusement at his secret rhythm is ..er... amusing too.

Here are your trademark OC's of course - no character left underwritten, eh. "A little too Pulp Fiction" ...you give them a story all of their own. Also, your settings - the road names (Dean's "I'd do her" babbling - Ha!), the countryside (told through radio stations and weather).

Loved "The wipers slapped in a whumping rhythm that reminded Sam of a body falling to the ground, over and over again."... so very Winchester.

Great tension in the drive and so brotherly natural the way Dean tries to lessen it for Sam.

And what a great Fugly.

Oh, I am tingling with anticipation for what I know comes after...

X
rosebud98 chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
This is starting out so great! I liked the mechanic's office and how it was all a little too Pulp Fiction for Dean - ha! I liked how you rid the Impala, yet gave us another one (and liked how the boys answered in unison their preference). I liked the story of the ghost children in NY - that was such a nice touch.

Then from there, it just sped by! I was reading and gasping and wondering when they were going to go over - very exciting and I'm exited to see where it goes from here!

Update next chapter today, please!
Madebyme chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
Hugely gripping opening chapter! I couldn't peel my eyes from the screen. The tense atmosphere between the boys was captured beautifully in the things that aren't said, the little awkward movements and looks. Very subtly done but oh so very Winchester!

And I loved what you did with the Impala, using her as a metaphor for the boys relationship: "...even if you watch over somethin', take care of it, sometimes…they just give, they break." Poor Dean's reaction to his Baby ("Aw...she's sick") and how he immediately blames Sam were so in character for Dean this season.

The end section with the creature chasing them was fast paced and edge of seat entertainment as it pushes and nudges them off the road. I guess this is as near as we're going to get to a drag race, supernatural style! Not only that but you injected some humour in there too with Dean's reaction to the road signs ("Do her. Doable. Psycho-bitch." A beat. "Yeah, I'd do her.")

Awesome cliffhanger and I'm certainly looking forward to more of this! I'm so excited to see this zine fic, I'm still picking my way around finale stories so it's so great to see something that I sink my teeth into without having to wait! Until next time, take care, Abbi
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
I remember this story from the 'Brotherhood book'. I enjoyed reading it and now I get to thank you.

You did a wonderful job writing the brothers and their conversations. Loved the tense situation on the mountain and the creature is a wonderful mystery.

Thanks for sharing your story with us here.
Sotobow chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
"His brother wasn't the only one these days who could keep his mouth shut about things these days." - That sentence brough back the rift that was so big between the boys for most of season 4 and 5. One of them kept a secret, so the other kept one to even the score.

-sigh-

"...he skimmed his eyes over to the driver's side window. It stared back." - Ah! Creepy! That one gave me chills. The thing is RUNNING along with them? Jeez, I've got the heebie jeebies. The staring and the black sleekness and the head veins - way creepy. And it has HANDS?

Awesome first chapter. I'm thrilled you're going to be updating every two or three days - I'm pretty hooked on the story now. And thanks for the length of the chapter - short ones make me crazy (not enough in them, usually).
Colby's girl chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
That was fantastic. I'm not usualy a fan of season 4 fanfics because I can't take the devide between the brothers but this seems to be something I can really get into and enjoy. Thanks for the great read.
mycherrypie chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
I love the song "flowers on the wall"

The chase up the mountain (and down the mountain) was on the edge of my seat great! LOVED THIS!

Addie is interestingly horrible. I did like her sharp humor though. "I need a shirt says I'm with Stupid!" Ha!

Liked the names of the streets.

I can hear Sam and Dean in my head just like from the show. Great job.

I can't wait for more!
leahcim chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
Okay, the end of this? Was AWESOME! I loved the car chase with the creature just on the outside of the door - it was creepy and I felt my eyeballs speed up as I read through it! It was just plain fantastic!

Loved the "Rita Hayworth! There's Rita Hayworth!" the whole street name thing was great! And Dean naming off who he'd bang if he could - which was all of them, of course.

Nice job with the tension lying as a discreet undertone. You can feel it in the boys shoulders, eyes, body stance - just great!
Harrigan chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
I get so excited when I see new stories posted that were published in zines last year, because - yay! - they aren't a WIP! They're finished. I can read them in one luxurious wallow with no interruptions!

So, what's wrong with this picture...? ;-
Hjalmar chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
wiiie, exciting. I just loved this )
64 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »