Reviews for Lost
Carling chapter 20 . 2/1
Thanks to the other reviewer who supplied the contents of the missing chapter. Man, that was brutal. Snape is a right cold SOB, acting like he blames and hated her for messing up his life, and then sort of blaming her for not being a woman when she got forced back into her own time. I don't really buy into it that he loves her that much if he could, in his private thoughts, be so cavalier toward the possibility of her not coming back. He could have been kinder and more understanding to her when she came back from the 1970's all disoriented. Did he think any of that crap was easy on her?

Yeah it was a happy ending...yet not..I agree with the reviewer who wrote that assessment. A happier ending would have been for her to have fallen in love with a nice bookish student in Spain. And Sev could have fallen in love with someone up to his standards. He was a coward and doesn't deserve her. Not when he was so cold and callous to protect his own feelings and stomped all over hers to do it.

And what about Voldemort? Did Harry defeat him or not? Hello? I know that wasn't the focus of this story but Voldemort and his followers were a catalyst for so much that happened. It's odd we hear nothing more about the war at all. Is Snape still a spy?
Carling chapter 10 . 2/1
Well I'm female but went to harsh inner city schools so I've been in plenty of fights. Blind fury does take over and yeah, you do want to kill the person you're fighting but only for a few seconds. Half the time you're aware that the person is someone you usually tolerate fairly well most of the time, so the kind of thing Sirius is doing really is premeditated murder, and in canon he ought to have gone to Azkaban for it and same here. Because he had enough time to cool down and he didn't, and he did have to think it through. I never liked or admired him in canon and really hate him here. He acts like gryffindor females are his property.
Carling chapter 3 . 1/30
I never liked the Marauders much myself, except for Remus, so I'm fine with you making Sirius be a jerk. Love this so far. I guess it was written before we all found out Snape had a thing for Lily?
Tar-Silmarien chapter 20 . 11/22/2013
Beautiful story!
Strawberri Leigh chapter 20 . 11/17/2013
To Say That I Love This Story Would Be The Biggest Understatement Ever... You've Left Me Speechless...
Strawberri Leigh chapter 14 . 11/17/2013
All I Can Say Right Now Is: Oh My God...!
Strawberri Leigh chapter 9 . 11/17/2013
Now Is As Good A Time As Ever To Tell You That I An In Love With This Story And With This Ship (This Is My First Snape/Hermione!) And You! I Love How yoy've Written Thwir Relationship And Kept Them True To Their Character; Not Many People Can Do That Going Against Cannon, But You Have, So Props! One More Thing: After Reading The Last Paragraph, I Threw My Phone And Pulled My Hair And Started Crying! Damn Sirius, Whyyyyy?! They're Happy And Together And Sev Knows The Truth And THEY JUST MADE LOVE! Now Everything Is Going To Go Downhill... NOOOO! :(
Other chapter 20 . 9/29/2013
Hummm... So, Malfoy didn't get his comeuppance, and Voldie was never dealt with either.

The story was good but not necessarily great; however, it left me with some things to think about. So, I guess it's better than many stories I've read in the past... though, I'm not sure that's saying much.

I do wonder what happened with your other story "Black Magic", but I have the sneaking suspicion that there was ethical concerns about it... But that's probably not the case.

Well, good luck with whatever you're doing, that is if you aren't dead 'cause shit happens.
Other chapter 19 . 9/29/2013
Note: this is not mine but a copy from another website that has this chapter. Also, I double posted this on the last chapter just in case. So sue me.

Right after "Severus, read any good books lately?"

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::

The girl was insane, completely, utterly, and certifiably insane.

He'd hoped that this afternoon's disaster would have curbed her attempts to pursue him, at least for a while, but here she was, not three hours later, sitting innocently in front of him asking after his current reading material, of all things.

"Excuse me?" he asked, his tone slightly more bewildered than he'd liked.

"I was just wondering if you've read anything good lately," she said, gesturing broadly to explain. "You always had excellent tastes in literature and..."

He shook his head and held up a hand to stop her. "What on earth are you on about?"

The eager smile on her face faltered, and her arm fell back to her side. "I just thought we might have a conversation; nothing serious just to..." she hesitated, "talk."

"To talk?" he asked, incredulously. "Am I just to forget that the last time I consented to talking with you I was poisoned?"

"I thought we agreed to let that go," she said hopefully.

"Let it go? It was only three hours ago, I've barely had the time to get the taste out of my mouth, let alone forget about it," he said, unable to do anything but stare at her. She shifted guiltily in her seat, and the dawning of comprehension began to settle over him. "What is this about, Hermione? Please do not expect me to believe that you simply came here because you are starved for conversation. I've been a Slytherin far to long to fall for a ruse as simple as that."

"I am starved for conversation," she responded quickly. "I'm starved for your conversation. We used to have the most amazing discussions, and..."

"The truth," he interrupted, growing impatient with her.

"I'm telling you the truth," she said, snapping her head up angrily for a moment before letting it fall. "...and I thought we might sit and talk for a while, and maybe you'd remember how good it was and forget..."

"I see," he said shortly. "You sought to manipulate me into forgetting the obstacles I presented to you."

"That's not..." she paused as if stunned, and gaped wordlessly for a second before shutting her eyes and turning away from him. "You're right, that's exactly what I was trying to do."

A sudden quiet settled over the room, and Severus felt a wave of tiredness hit him as he watched her. It was the exhaustion of twenty years, of the separation between them. She was doing what any teenager would have done, and he was responding as any adult would. Never since she arrived here had the distance between them seemed so glaringly obvious, so tangible. He glanced in her direction to see if she had come to the same conclusions and from the resigned look on her face, he could tell that she had.

"I don't suppose you'll just overlook it?" she asked after a time, looking at him wearily. "Just chalk it up to a stressful day? I can't give up on us, I just can'tEUR but I can take some time to reevaluate my attempts."

"No, I won't," he said. "There aren't going to be any more attempts, Hermione. I think you understand why. No scheme, no plan, no matter how brilliant, is going to change anything. Obstacles are to be worked through, not ignored, and every time you attempt to forget them you are simply setting others up in their stead."

The ghosts of a smile lifted the corner of her lips, and she asked, "So what do I do now?"

"Grow up," he said simply, without a trace of malice. "You have to grow up." He leaned forward in earnest, hoping to make his point. "No one has ever considered you to be young for your age, Hermione, and I doubt they ever will. You possess a maturity that is startling for a child, in most situations." He paused, putting on a look of stern indifference to curb the growing enthusiasm on her face. "No matter how startling or precocious that maturity, however, it is not one of a grown woman. I know that you are old enough to be considered adult by law, but there is a heavy line between adolescence and adulthood, one that is not crossed by birth date. You are wavering on the edge of that line, almost ready to cross over, but still clinging to what is behind it. Until you let go, and move forward with your life, you will never cross, at least not in my eyes."

Another silence hung in the room as she pondered what he'd said. He watched her face carefully, noting the reluctant acquiescence he saw there. He felt a trace of pride pass through him at her, her calm acceptance of his facts, although it was clear that she still did not truly understand, showed that she was slowing beginning to travel down the road she needed to. It was enough to give him just a hint of anticipation, perhaps once that road was traveled there would be something beyond this separation.

"He's been rubbing off on you," she said with a remote smile. "Dumbledore, you know. I'd never have pictured you hading out sage advice."

"It isn't advice, as such," he said, though he had to give his version of a small grin; being around the headmaster tended to leave one wiser than they'd been. "It's merely a statement of fact, one we both must accept."

"But what if I can't let go?" she asked, looking beyond him to a distant point. "What if I don't want to?"

"There is a difference between letting go and giving up," he said. "I'm not asking, nor would it be my place to ask, that you give up on anything. Letting go is merely loosening your grip on the past, it will always be there, but you mustn't let it hold you back."

She nodded, though the motion seemed to be less an agreement and more a remembrance. "I remember telling myself something like that, when..." She bit her lip, and gave an almost inaudible sigh. "How?" she asked, quietly. "How do I do it?"

"That is something you have to figure out on your own, as all must," he said. She took a breath to speak, but he held up a hand and addressed her with the gravest finality he knew. "And until you figure it out, there is nothing between us, not even friendship. Go now and do not plan on returning for a long, long while, if at all."

She cast a long look in his direction that was at once both mournful and determined. Slowly she rose to her feet, shaking, but calm, and moved across the room to kiss him on the cheek, then without saying another word to him she turned and moved towards the doorway, slipping out as quietly as she'd come in. He sat staring at the closer door for a long time afterwards, wondering if this was a victory, but not feeling able to label it as such.

Finally he shook him self back to a semblance of normalcy and turned back towards the papers on his desk. It was a goodbye for sure, though one that was not as terrible as he'd imagined. She was coming around to understanding now, he was sure of it, and therefore he would not be seeing her like this any time in the near future, or possibly ever again.

He felt as if her chapter in his life was closed now. There were no longer any loose ends to the life they'd lived so long ago. Still, though it seemed irrational, he couldn't help but hope that there was another chapter in their future. Perhaps once she found herself, she'd find him again as well. He didn't dare think on it too much, gruffly pulling out the quill from the ink and slashing forcefully on the paper, but the spark of hope remained that all between them wasn't lost.
Other chapter 18 . 9/29/2013
Note: this is not mine but a copy from another website that has this chapter.

Right after "Severus, read any good books lately?"

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::

The girl was insane, completely, utterly, and certifiably insane.

"Excuse me?" he asked, his tone slightly more bewildered than he'd liked.

"I thought we agreed to let that go," she said hopefully.

"The truth," he interrupted, growing impatient with her.

FlawedRose79 chapter 19 . 9/12/2013
Is it just me or is there nothing at all written here? I am aware my computer is technically a POS but it still lets me read most of the time. Either way i'm enjoying the story, regardless of how cliche you might find it to be and am anxiously awaiting the next chapter.
ShannonKnox chapter 19 . 7/27/2013
omg where is this chapter? why is it not showing up?!
ShannonKnox chapter 5 . 7/26/2013
That was an awesome chapter. I never thought I'd think of Snape in that way lol.
ShannonKnox chapter 4 . 7/26/2013
wow my sister told me about this story and my first thought was, "Hermione and Snape, wtf? no.." However, I am now addicted to your story, it is so good! I am suppose to be cleaning my apartment but instead, I'm here reading this. I can't wait to see how the rest of the story unfolds!
Fraulein Takoor chapter 20 . 7/18/2013
Marvelous story! Loved it!
1,760 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »