Reviews for The Righteous with the Wicked
too-much-inspiration chapter 1 . 4/21
Depressing but deep, and it is hard to tell who drew the shorter straw with Swan Song looking back. There is a bit of a plot-hole with Cas showing up, but nothing too significant. I agree that there is something refreshing in a story that isn't afraid to expand its reach into all areas of available stories and histories and myths, rather than just the ones generally considered safe. "The French Mistake" was still probably their riskiest venture, because although it is possible to delve into stories that still live on in active religions without specifically offending, it is much harder to delve into the story and myth of the film-making business without taking casualties.
Mendai Decovrii chapter 1 . 3/28/2014
I really enjoyed this. It's one of the aspects of the show that I love that they don't give easy answers to problems, they let them stew. And its something your fic really brought out. Dean is suffering, but you didn't just have Cas heal him, fix him up and set him on the road again. You let Dean hurt, you let Dean CHOOSE to hurt. I'm not sure... how I feel about that (is it ethical to allow yourself to hurt, instead of picking yourself up as soon as is possible even if you don't feel ready?), but that's really why I loved it. Makes you think.
And I loved that quote about God you threw in. I'd never seen that movie before (had to look it up. maybe some time i'll get the chance to watch it).
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Oh this was amazing, I really liked this. I love how you wrote Dean and his struggles.

I love Dean's relationship with both Ben and Lisa

I always like reading your afterwords and hearing your thought processes on what you wrote
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
This was exquisitely written. I think you captured Dean's character and that tightrope he's walking between contradictions very well. Your wording was great and the story flowed really easily even though the subject matter was hard to get through because of how much it just /hurt/ to see Dean hurting that much. Seeing him completely break down after buying Rock Band and Lisa commenting that it might not have been the best idea was such a heartbreaking moment. And realizing how much he doesn't want to be okay, doesn't want to be saved. I'm dying, thank god, he hasn't forgotten about me. Wow. This fic. Is incredible.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
This one is very dark but Dean did last the year with Lisa and Ben where if he had died there would have been no one to get Sam's soul back from hell.
azerjaban chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
I agree about the show walling a tightrope about offending my faith, but hey at least God still exists in it- which is more than many shows now adays

Thnx for the awesome reading. Dean thinking about gutting Ben while watching a movie with him was chilling.
M.R. Howle chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
Harsh, in character, awesome. Loved it.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Awesome job. Love it. Catch ya on the flip side.
em-witchwood chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
Really loved this. It's a brilliant take on Dean after Swan Song.
Lisa O'Brien chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
There has to be more, please! Does Dean get better, or worse? Great story!
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Really depressing! But that's the only way I can see Dean without Sam: incomplete, dead inside... Broken. That's just so wrong! xDD

I loved the story I hope that in the series Dean won't have to be without Sam for this long, but who knows? x.x

Well, great fanfic! I think you explained Castiel's behavior perfectly, congratulations o/

See you around ~

Rosetta
spnMom chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
It was depressing, true. But, we all know Sam is coming back... one way or another. It has to get better in a few months... right? Thanks for posting. I just can't get enough from Swan Song.
sandymg chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Just got to this. I purposesly didn't read codas because I knew I had one in me waiting to get out and didn't want to read one so good that I never bothered. Really good thing I posted mine yesterday then as I just read this today. This was pretty much perfect.

Pitch perfect.

So good.

Did I mention I loved this?

Fantastic Dean voice. And some perfect moments.

This: The angel was like a distant father who bought his daughter a fucking pony because he can't give her time.

- so perfect to describe Cas.

Thanks for sharing.
faulted chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
*sniffles*...you characterized dean very well: excellent work.
kaiyn chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
This is just made of awesome! Wonderfully done!