Reviews for All Fall Down
Zatnikatel chapter 2 . 7/4/2010
I love how they just want to make sure the other is safe! *meep*! It’s so appropriate that Dean bonds with the child ghost, and smart move to have the ghost help him out. Actually I’m amazed Show hasn’t done this, seems like a great wheeze.

Whoah, hope they have hurricane cover… and “If I believed in angels” – LOL!

“and yanked off his t-shirt” *Oh my freaking God*. You wrote that for me, I just know it.

What a sad story about Josiah, but sadly authentic: I don’t imagine they would have wasted much time looking for a slave. and sad too how you compare the child!ghosts’ lives to Sam and Dean’s, and have Dean sort of voice his belief that he and Sam aren’t in it for the long-haul. Beautiful scene of the two little boys at the end hon: it really moved me.

As usual, no one matches the way you write these lovely *complete* stories that are the closest thing fanfic has to actual early season episodes. Take me ages to get to them sometimes, and then I always kick myself for not finding the time to read them earlier…

;-)
Zatnikatel chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Hey you! I’m reading this whole first section full sure some awful fugly is chasing my boy and all he’s doing is trying to get in out of the rain! You almost made up for it with this visual: “His gray t-shirt, soaked through by the wind-driven rain, clung to the contours of his chest” – ZOMG. No overshirt next time, please. Just the tee will do fine, believe me. I have given you Sam’s rock hard pecs and washboard abs. I think just the tee is the least I can expect in return. :/

SUCKS IN BREATH LIKE A WHISTLE FLOWING INWARDS! “he shrugged off his sodden shirt…” You did write this for me! Now reads on in the hopes of towel!Dean… Hurricanes: those are bad. Very bad. Are they in Florida? I don’t know if this reviewing as I read works or not, I tend to get a tad excited. Oh! South Carolina. Still, at least they're in my ballpark.

“his wet clothes clinging” :-D [Okay, ’fessing up: I’m on my second glass…] Hurt!Dean: always a good thing in my book.

“slid his hands under Dean's still-wet t-shirt…” Back off, Sam. I love how Sam keeps talking to himself to stop himself from flying into a panic, and I love his world-weariness at Dean’s bravado – it’s so true to character. OH NO! SAM! I should have remembered: Equal Opportunity Whump! Lordy I hope the wind doesn’t take the roof off. Oops, tree… what roof?

Jeez, a house fell on them. Reading on…

;-)
SunnyZim chapter 2 . 6/17/2010
AW, I LOVED this! I simply adored the back story about the little boys and loved how they got to be together forever in the end, despite the barriers that would have prevented their friendship had they lived. I particularly loved the ending, which was truly heartwarming and satisfying - it was so nice to see good spirits for once;) I also loved seeing Sam and Dean's soft sides - I always love fics in which they get to interact with children as they are so sweet with them. I think they would make great dads:) Great job on this one:)
mtee1958 chapter 2 . 6/15/2010
Very good story! And I love your notes.. what a fabulous memory to pull on for a story.

thank you.
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 2 . 6/14/2010
This story was simply fantastic from beginning to end. I, of course, enjoyed that both boys were hurt and trying to care for one another. But I also enjoyed the two little ghosts. Usually the "kids" of Supernatural are scary as Hell-they generally creep me out to no end (which is the whole point, right? LOL). Here though they were cute and that was a refreshing change.
carocali chapter 2 . 6/14/2010
Finally getting a chance to get caught up. What an absolutely lovely story! I so love the dedication of the two friends - especially those of the slavery generation. What a terrible time in our history, but you made a little bit of it sweet.

I loved the passion of both OUR boys to free the young boys from the house and to make sure that Josiah got a proper burial to be at peace.

Thanks for sharing!
zuimar chapter 2 . 6/11/2010
Gosh, this fic is so good, I just love the kid ghosts! And as a bonus a hurt Sam and Dean, just perfect!

In a way it's a very sad story, but the ending was so satisfactory. Really great!

BTW, I learned a new word, toboganning, never heard that before ;-)
pandora jazz chapter 2 . 6/9/2010
I enjoyed reading this story when it was published in "Blood Brothers". I hope I remembered to send you a thank you at the time as this was one of my favorite stories in the book.

I love that it was set during the second season. Especially any story from the first two seasons right now will make me smile. Reminds me why I fell in love with the show during the first episode. Action, suspense, great mystery, the brothers teasing and worrying about each other.

You did an excellent job of writing the brothers and capturing their voices. I could picture Dean's face as he worried about the Impala and Sam's as he teased him.

This story had minor hurt brothers, worried Sam and than a worried big brother, perfect. Wonderful description of the storm and the aftermath. It was sad about the little boys, but I still smiled just imagining Dean and Sam talking to Remy and Josiah. I loved the story of the young boys sledding down the stairs during the thunderstorms.

I enjoyed reading your story again.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Nilah chapter 2 . 6/5/2010
Really nice to see a story from you. Enjoyed the fun tale and I love that tin trays story. Really was a nice touch.
Nana56 chapter 2 . 6/3/2010
Terrific fic! I LOVE thunderstorms! Not too fond of wind, but the lightning and thunder are awesome. As kids, our dad would take us out on the front porch during a storm and we'd watch the show. We admired the various lightning flashes and waited excitedly for the thunder. My husband and I did that for our kids and they have done it for theirs. It's great they aren't afraid.

Okay, enough reminiscing! Both Winchesters hurt and trying to take care of each other. The little boys were wonderful! I sort of expected the Josiah ghost to be rather malevolent from the events, but they were just having fun. So glad they didn't have to do their normal salt and burn on those two little boys. That would have been harsh. The burial on sacred ground was enough and I love that.

Very, very sweet. :D
calcium77 chapter 2 . 6/3/2010
Sorry I am delayed in my review. My car got finished at the shop and I left...then I did not get back to this until now. Loved the story. I even liked the ghosts. Usually I hate kids in stories unless they are Sam or Dean, but these did not annoy me (I have turned into the grumpy old lady next door yelling at kids to get off my lawn).

Really? kids would ride trays down stairs? Man...kids have no fear do they? Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Funny that it was a real story!

Thanks so much for writing and sharing. You really made my wait at the car dealership lots of fun!

Kat
Madebyme chapter 2 . 6/3/2010
I feel so satisfied! This story really ticked all of my boxes and it was such a treat to read.

It makes such a change to see friendly and helpful ghosts and now I just feel so terrible for doubting them in the previous chapter! Not all spirits are vengeful and scary and it’s nice to be reminded of that, to have a break from all the heavy evil stuff.

Remy and Josiah remained so sweet and innocent, despite what they've been through and time they grew up in. "All the crap we see on a daily basis, all the evil, it was just nice to find two good kids who, in their own way, gave the world the finger when it told them they couldn't be friends." I liked how you had Dean say this, he's got a tough exterior but he's all heart and only Dean could word it this eloquently!

I loved all the descriptions of Dean clambering out of the rubble and with Remy's help searching for his brother. And the h/c was just the icing on the cake for me.

The ending was poignant and very befitting to the tone of your story. Thank you for sharing such a heart-warming fic and your own family history. Although for me, it was an old mattress and not a metal tray - but I bet it was just as fun! Take care, Abbi
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 2 . 6/3/2010
Dude...this was... WOW, I loved this fic! And I love the fact that the ghosts turned out to be two little boys who would have grown up to be enemies instead of friends if tehy had lived. I was almost (and this sounds awful) happy that they'd died and had each other - and Remy...no end of love for him! This was a fantastic tale sweetie - made better by the RL elements thrown in! Thank you for this!

*HUGS*

Mandy
Madebyme chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
What an action packed opening chapter, you certainly know how to grab your audiences attention!

I really enjoyed how we dove straight into the hunt and storm here, as you neatly weaved in bits and pieces regarding the back story and the job. Thrilling stuff.

The banter between the boys was spot on and it was so very in character for Dean to mouth off at Mother Nature, only to get kicked in the behind for doing it! Lovely comical touch there.

The mystery surrounding the little boy was intriguing, is he really as innocent as he seems? Was pushing Dean an accident? Or is something more sincere going on here? I'm very much looking forward to finding out.

The hurricane, the falling tree and collapsing house were all described in one helluva fast paced action scene and what a cliffhanger? I sure am grateful that chapter two is just a click away. Wonderful start, I'm off for more... Take care, Abbi
SimplyOut chapter 2 . 6/3/2010
That was a very sweet and nice story. I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks!
57 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »