Reviews for Dean's First Hunt
Fall Rider chapter 2 . 1/15
You write so well! I'm making a note to come back and read more of your stuff sometime. :)
fallingangelsandstars chapter 2 . 5/27/2014
Hey. I have to say I love your stories so, so, so much. LilyBolt has you as one of her favourite authors, and since I'm a big fan of her I decided to check you out too.

Just one mistake in this story. 'Chopsticks are over, he' still and quiet,' should be 'Chopsticks are over, he's still and quiet,'.

I loved this story so much. It was simple and sweet and gorgeous, and it made me sad and smile and hurt all in the space of two chapters. This story was just so gentle, and the way you wrote it made it all the more beautiful, because Dean's protectiveness over Sam is always such an important aspect of him and it's astounding how well you managed to convey that. Thank you for sharing this.
twinklingeyes07 chapter 2 . 12/15/2013
awww...thats sooo sweet ! loved it :)
ReachFortheSky chapter 2 . 7/28/2013
Excuse the incomplete review that I accidentally posted from being unable to contain my emotions before I decided to get smart and type it up from my laptop. Your writing has a strong impact :P

So as I was saying, to be straightforward, I've fallen in love with this piece of work and I have fallen hard.

The first chapter was indeed perfection in itself . Honestly, I feel like I should write a lengthy paragraph about how impeccable it was, but I wouldn't be able to cover it. Their relationship at that age was portrayed in a way that can't be beat; broke my heart into million pieces before healing it and leaving me feeling all warm and bubbly inside. I hope that knowing you made such an impact is, in some way, the equivalent of the praise that you deserve.

The second half was just as incredible, if not more so. See, Supernatural fanfiction has been one of my obsessions this summer and I prefer solely Wee-Chester fics over all others. One of the biggest reasons for this being that there aren't a lot of authors who can attempt capture Adult-Dean in all his complexity, without making him seem too open or too shallow or just absurdly OOC. I read the first two lines of the second chapters and felt my stomach sink because it was in Dean's POV and I'd have to deal with the stupid perfectionist's voice in my head wondering whether or not Dean would actually think something like that, or admit to feeling that emotion, even to himself. Needless to say, the voice shut up pretty quickly ;) Two sentences later in fact, when the paragraph after his "Top That" sounded so exclusively Dean Winchester that I just... I don't even know. And so here I congratulate you for writing the best Dean I have come across.. ever. I loveloveloved being able to read the dialogue and effortlessly hear his deep husky voice in my head, picturing him smirking or trying not to groan or typically masking whatever it was he really felt.

Also, the lines in italics in the middle, where you link the two memories were to die for. To add to that, it's flawless, the way you had Sam say not too little and not too much but just enough to nudge Dean towards what he'd been reminiscing about, not only letting him make the connection, but realising when he had, and just knowing that had been enough to keep him from pushing further. It says a lot about the bond, and although it frustrates me more often than not how they clearly have a lot more to say than they let out, this helped remind me that I wouldn't have it any other way.

So ukw, thankyou. For the wonderful read and for the light laughter and the smile you left on my face. I am now off to get my hands on everything else you've ever written. Keep up the spectacular work. Cheers :)
ReachForTheStars chapter 2 . 7/27/2013
Soo let's start off simply:
Damn, I swear I loved this to bits.

The first chapter was perfection in itself. The relationship of the two waaayy before the all the teenage angst and the chick-flick-phobia and hell and purgatory and everything in between, the way you got it down is to die for.
The second half was incredible. See, the thing is i tend o avoid fics with
GaelicAngel chapter 2 . 7/8/2013
Yep like I said, those two will always need each other but seriously I know how Dean feels about the whole 'chick-flick' moment. That girl really needs to get a new role model as I prefer Gabriel.
Loved this part and it was so sweet...seriously hope Dean got his coffee though...Great work as always and I loved reading this!
GaelicAngel chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Oh man this chapter was a real tear inducer and I loved it. You can really still see some of that little boy in Sam now even with all the crap that has happened to him in Dean the last few seasons and I think even with all the history between them, good and bad, that Sam will always need his big bro like he need him back then.
This was and awesome read and I loved this one as I love all your stuff.
JuseaPeterson chapter 2 . 6/9/2013
I really liked this. You could feel the taking a breathe kind of thing after that episode. And I really loved how they talked about the first hunt. Dean's thoughts on that girl were really funny. And I loved how it showed how much Dean and Sam love each other.
xenascully chapter 2 . 6/8/2013
ugh. love. nice job
Lillelouis chapter 2 . 6/7/2013
LOVED the season finale. How it kinda led up to the most epic 'win' only to be a kinda failure without making me feel disappointed. Well, it will if Sam keeps getting sicker... and dies...which... anyway...

Well done! :D
Guest chapter 2 . 6/6/2013
One of the first things I do each day is check to see if there is something new from you; it’s like Christmas when I see there’s another SPN story. That being said, you really should talk to the Kleenex people about some kind of compensation. Talk about a tissue alert:

"It won't be us anymore. It'll be you and Dad. You'll come back just like Dad and all it'll be is hunting. You won't wanna play games with me or watch TV with me or do anything but hunt. And I don't hunt and you'll hate me just like Dad hates me."
"And when you come back, it'll be the same with you. All hunting, all Dad, all nothing with me. You won't come back and I won't have anybody…"

I remember not two hours ago that rotting old church and Sam holding his bloody hand only an inch away from letting himself die to prove to me - to prove to himself - that he wasn't the failure he always thought that I thought he was.

Amazing writing.

Thank you for revisiting this. It broke my heart the first time and the new chapter did the same.

TG
Robin Vogel chapter 2 . 6/5/2013
You can tell me a story any old time, darling. Any time at all!
JuseaPeterson chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
That was so sad. I felt so bad for Sam. But I loved his reaction to Dean going on his first hunt and how he figured things were. I loved how Dean was comforting him. The whole thing was sweet.
bluecharlotte chapter 2 . 6/6/2013
Aghhh god this is so sweet. I love how you incorporated a fangirl, and ALL THE PARALLELS. The way you portray their relationship is ceaselessly perfect and canon. :)
L.A.H.H chapter 2 . 6/6/2013
:) very sweet. Thanks for writing
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »