Reviews for Before The Fawn
writeforeverforlife chapter 52 . 7/27
I still cry reaching the end of this chapter because this is where it ends. The Potters have over a year left!
Emma chapter 12 . 7/16
I have been searching for this fanfiction for MONTHS! All I could remember was that I loved your characterisation of Lily and I could remember parts of a scene from chapter 30 (I think) and it was an absolute bugger to find the fic again based on that! I am so glad I have!
I really, really hope you begin updating this story again! You are a wonderful writer and it would be such a shame to leave this unfinished! I've put an alert on just incase you do!
tee18 chapter 52 . 7/2
Your writing is beautiful. This story (as well as your other ones) is one of the best written fan fictions I have read to date. I hope one day to see you active again.
rolygarcor chapter 16 . 5/12
im not a fan of the chapter "sitting, waiting, wishing". it seems like everyone is trying to force Lily into revealimg her love for James. and sure it works here because she is actually in love with him. But if she wasn't (and no one knows for sure she is) it would be almost bulling.
Sunny chapter 52 . 4/14
I love this so much! You are an amazing writer (and I love the times when James says always. It just adds to my anti snily side). Please, please update this asap! I can't wait to read the next chapter! ;)
dianisimova chapter 25 . 4/12
0888
Shamalaka chapter 52 . 4/9
It's not often that I find myself writing reviews, not because I don't think many stories are worthy, but more simply because I'm lazy. There was no way I could let your story pass however without telling you how truly marvelous this is. Simply magnificent story to put it lightly. I have fallen in love with many Lily/James fanfiction stories over the years but never, never have I found one written as well as this one. While its been a wish of mine to see JK Rowling write a prequel to HP, after reading your version, I can't imagine another one. The character development is phenomenal and believable. The way you not only developed Lily and James' relationship, but also the fallout with Snape, the war, the Order, and everything in between is perfect. I'm hooked and so sorry to be done reading it. I truly hope you find it in yourself to finish. Even though we all sadly already know the end, I look forward to your perspective and talent. And if you ever do write anything else, please post it somewhere as I hope I can find it. In the meantime, I eagerly await your return.
Just so you know, Gryffindor only had to beat Ravenclaw to win because the only reason why Gryffindor had to beat Slytherin by more than fifty points in PoA was because Slytherin had already won both matches against Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, whereas Gryffindor lost to Hufflepuff. Also, if they needed to win by fifty points then they would have to catch the snitch when Ravenclaw were less than one hundred points up.
Nik1627 chapter 52 . 2/21
Omg! This story is just unbelievably awesome! Loved it!
First off, I love this story. So far it's made me snicker like a loon, cry a little, but also huff in frustration (I have very little patience for in-denial-Lily, and there is almost excessively much of that). Your writing is fluid and almost flawless, your chapters are just the right length, and overall, reading this is a pleasure.
The way you portray Muggle-born prejudice bothers me. It was never that extreme when Harry was a kid, not before the Ministry had fallen, which hasn't happened here. If the hatred really was this intense, it would have been much mire visible by the time Harry went to Hogwarts, seeing as how the magical society is so slow to evolve. Muggle-born prejudice would not have been restricted to a few ex-death-eaters amd their children.
The main thing that annoyed me though, is that this is as far from gender-neutral as can be. James is constantly speaking of Lily as his own and kinda objectifies her ("his Lily", Lily in a red bow, Lily with "Potter" on her back), which would have been fine if it was reciprocated, but Lily just thinks of herself as James'. Lily insists she wants to rent her own appartment, find a job and manage her own money, but you make James deny her that for the sake of fluff (not really fluffy though, imo).
rl94 chapter 27 . 1/24
I really like how you portray Lily and James exploring sex in this story. So often you see authors showing teenagers jumping straight into sex when in reality, at least from my experience at that age, it's definitely a slower process that builds up over months. It makes their relationship seem much more real to me. Amazing story I can't get enough and can't believe I didn't find this story a long time ago. Thank you!
rl94 chapter 12 . 1/21
I've been stuck in hospital for 5 days and honestly this story is getting me through! Thank you thank you!
HPbooks-LOVE chapter 52 . 12/29/2015
Loved your story! hope you update!
loonymarauder chapter 7 . 12/2/2015
I like your story. Though in book 3 Remis calls the wolfs name potion a recent invention.
1,299 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »