Reviews for A Captive Light
Genun chapter 3 . 10/13/2010
Its getting better with each chapter. I'm not sure Kari would break down like that, not after nearly sacrificing herself for other digimon, or people for that matter, she barely knows. But then again it is Gatomon. While she is definitely an optimistic and cheerful person, but I can definitely see her saying, "Ken better pray Davis and T.K find him before I do." Davis seemed a little to mature for this one, like actually being the leader. By episode 8 Davis seems more like the charge into battle and think about it latter kind of guy, the one who would go and look even though they are all exhausted. I think Cody may still ask his grandfather about what to do. In a sort of round about way, without mentioning minor details, like the digiworld. Other than that I think they were definitely still in character, and it is still full of tension, and emotion.

Keep up the good work, and I might need to work on my paragraphs.
Genun chapter 2 . 10/12/2010
Not Gatomon! That was very cruel of the Ken. I thought he would kidnap a person, but kidnapping Gatomon is just as good. At first I thought Patomon was a little to mean, but then thinking on what hes said in the first season, its not mean what he said to Gatomon, he is just teasing. I like how you are making your own digimon, and ones from Temora Pierce. Although would they really work for the Ken or could it be someone else. Hmmm. Probably Ken but I think he would have put the black rings on them. Well depends on how loyal they are. Its better for them to be able to think perfectly well than to be slaves if possible. I'm surprised though, one of the digidestined actually got hurt! That rarely happens. I think it makes it more realistic. Although how would they explain the sudden cuts and bruises to their parents. Ah well thats another story.

Its good so far. A little fast pace, but all fanfics are probably like that. I like it, even though Gatomon was captured. Poor Gatomon... :(
Genun chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
You really caught what Ken was like. At least how cold he is by episode 8. You might not need italics for when he is thinking, but thats more of a style choice. An "e" was forgoten in digidestined, or maybe I'm spelling it wrong. I like the chessmaster comment, as he would think of something like that. Also I love how he doesn't bother to remember their names, except for Davis's. Ken would never spend the effort to remember their names unless they "humiliated" him like Davis did. One last thing, the whole Davis not quite rival but only opponent thing seems a bit long.

I look forward to reading more.
assana73 chapter 6 . 10/4/2010
Great chapter, like always! Davis should watch what he says around Kari, especially with her emotions so wound up. I liked Joe's ranting, Izzy's tech skills, and TK's cuteness with Kari. Loved the slight change to the end! I can't wait to see what happens next. Keep up the good work and don't let school get you down!
crestoflight3 chapter 6 . 10/3/2010
yes! A new chapter! This made my day!

Number 1: I agree with you that Izzy's one of the only kids who can talk to their parents about the Digi-things. Though I also think that Matt's dad knows about it too.

Number 2: I loved this chapter! Though I can't wait for the next one! Please upload really really soon...is tomorrow too soon? Probably, but still...I can hope...!
merryb chapter 6 . 10/2/2010
Sorry I didn't beta this chapter! After I sent you the chapter when I was done, I got an email saying it had been posted!
KHLostEmpress chapter 6 . 10/2/2010
Cliffhanger! Loved it. I do hope Matt is going to be in the story soon. I've found that I rather enjoy Matt a lot (still doesn't beat TK and Kari, of course, though). Loved the Takari hint (for obvious reasons). I hope you update as soon as you can! Great chapter.
assana73 chapter 5 . 9/7/2010
YAY! IT IS SO GOOD! Your story is original but almost perfectly captures the characters from the Digimon series. There are no errors other than, perhaps, that you do not update several chapters per day, as what you write has an addicting quality to it. Don't worry about reviews, with time they will come, especially as you continue to weave this amazing tale. In short all I can say is "You rule, write more".
KHLostEmpress chapter 5 . 8/31/2010
Great update. I loved that you put in that Joe was always counting exactly how many times they were almost killed. It totally seems like something he would do.

It's okay that your a little later than promised. Things really do get in the way. And way to go about getting on TV Tropes. It's definitely one of my dreams to write a story worthy enough to be on the Fanfic Recommendations page of TV Tropes. Weird dream, I know, but there it is. So, congrats!
crestoflight3 chapter 5 . 8/31/2010
Great chapter...I love this story!

Kari managed to take down a control spire! Yay!

Thanks for bringing back the black gears!...not enough fics have them, though they were, in my opinion, about the same as the rings that the emperor used...!
merryb chapter 5 . 8/31/2010
You know, I wasn't expecting the black gears to come back! At least they're remembered!
crestoflight3 chapter 4 . 8/5/2010
Please write more! This is awesome.

The only chastising I'm going to do is that I wouldn't have thought that Gatomon would be so taken over by the idea of torture. She was with Myotismon for so long, and that can't have been easy. Then again, myabe that's why she's so afraid? Bad memories?

The only other thing I would ask would be why didn't Ken look up Kari or Davis beforehand if he already knew their names?

Besides that, I want to scream at you to please keep writing this story! I love it! The Emperor is really in character!
KHLostEmpress chapter 4 . 8/5/2010
Poor Gatomon. Once again in the hands of evil...

And, if you were on a Pioneer Trek or something similar, I totally forgive you for not updating sooner, since you've got to have a lot of grit and stamina to go on one of those (more than I ever mustered...that and I love technology too much). I hope your grandmother feels better!

Update soon!

Oh...and I loved the chapter.
merryb chapter 4 . 8/5/2010
I know what "It" is, but I'm not going to spoil other readers! That would ruin the surprise for them, and you'd probably hate me!

Also, Ken is a complete douchebaggy monster! Here's what I have to say to him: He's a *******, ******, ****** person and also a complete ****. (My language wouldn't have been appropriate for some young readers)
ARCtheElite chapter 3 . 7/24/2010
I like the action. I don't know why the harpy-like digimon are (since Ken mostly uses Airdramon or Bakemon as cannon fodder)but I liked it all the same. I can't wait to find out what Ken's master plan is.
129 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 Next »