Reviews for A Caged Bird Doesn't Sing
StrawberryAvalanche007 chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
;-; that was so cute and sad at the same time
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
I enjoyed this read. It was short, with the right amount of bitter and sweet.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
This makes me sad. But yeah, as Maya Angelou said, it's true. Thank you for this amazing oheshot!
nougatface chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
I remembered today that I read this story quite some time ago, but didn't have the courage to review then. I have to do so, now.

Despite being short, everything is said. I felt this way when I first read the story, and I feel this way right now... everything is just perfect. When I read long, complex stories, it is often with the wish to feel complete (like in the way Harry Potter is), but it is rare that one of them really makes me feel this way, however, this oneshot does.

Sometimes when reading M-rated stories (especially UKUS), I have to skip a few sentences because I cannot stand the too-detailed descriptions, but this is avoided here by your superb writing.

And to finish this, the image of the caged bird naturally fits perfectly, to the pairing and to the story.
illuminatedflowerfield chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
This really isn't an M rating, more T. Anyway Its so sad! But so beautiful!
Crystalgurl101 chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Awww! So...freakin...beautiful! D: That brought me almost to tears because of how incredibly sweet and sad that was! Aww, Iggy, you sweet, angsty thing you! I loved the flashback you put in the beginning; it was almost like a bit of foreshadowing you put there for us!

Arguably one of the most beautiful one/shots I've ever read! Absolutely loved it!
pisceanchic101 chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
Nice! Brilliant ending too!
critter141151 chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
So beautifully written made me tear up a bit though DX

Bittersweet story
Celes Grant chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
This is really lovely, I'm afraid I'd fallen for your writing and why did it take so long for me to realize you wrote?

*sniff*
icy-piyo21 chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
This.

The angst, the beauty, the ending. You're so good I don't know what to say. The bittersweetness of it all, and it made me smile.

In short, you're awesome.

Icy-chan
hootpoop12 chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
;_; wow angsty...! Uuwwwah! I dont know if i should feel bad for arthur...? We wants to OWN america and the sad thing is its never gonna happen ;o; too many sad thoughts while reading this xD i loved it! Please write something as good as this soon!
OrangePlum chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
This story is very powerful. Not super smutty to seperate itself from the slight 'plot' and take power away from it, but enough to spice it up.

It felt like England was going in there feeling as though he were in charge when in fact America really held the reigns in their relationship; whether he realized this or not is beyond me. But the tables turned and it made me have to take a little bit of pity on England.

He's such a depressing guy.

Anyways, yeah. Great job. With stories this short it's always a gamble on how they'll turn out. This one had no problem pulling it off.
LiZz-ChAn chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
really good.

I dunno what else to say, you should know by now how amazing an author you are!
Genki-angel-chan chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
Waaah! So sweet, I almost cried ;_;
Anastasya Debbie chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
This is sweet! I really love how Alfred loves Ar very much...

It's deep and beautiful, I think. You've done a good job

Continue writing please!