Reviews for Full Synchronization
britt chapter 1 . 2/1
lovely :) short and sweet. thanks for sharing 3
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
This is wonderfully written.
Curiosity's Principle chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Love it! This is a great little fic. I very much enjoyed your take on how the Animus helped shape and influence Desmond. I also rather liked the parallels between Altair and Des. Cheers! _
Bleach-ed-Na-tsu chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
This is so... amazing. It's dark and dangerous.
I love the transition of Desmond from someone who doesn't really care for the assassins, to someone repsectful of those he's killed and protective of his fellow 'brothers' in the brotherhood, and all through living as ALtair, living through his respect and protectiveness of the brotherhood.
Amazing dea authour! Amazing!
JustSlightlyCrazy chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
That was beautiful. Thank you x
rivendellelve chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Awesome story
Midnight Marquis chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
A very good insight into what Desmond experiences in the Animus... OwO
toeki chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
there are some mistakes in your finishing should fix them because they ruin your good story.

i guess you mean MEMORY(like in thinking of s.o.), not MEMBER(like in being a part of a group)and you have to add an S in:

...that giveS desmond the strength..., otherwise it would not be grammatically correct.
nebelstreif chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
There's reason this story of yours is the most reviewed; it's absolutely fantastic.

Like the commenter callalili said previously, the tense change halfway through threw me off slightly, but I think you did it intentionally - to separate the past Desmond-in-the-animus from the current Desmond-is-thinking. If so, then well done!

I think you did a very good job capturing the goal of your story - conveying the identity confusion that must come about from the animus - the 'joint' snarl the story opened with was spot on.

I really liked your fleshing out of how Desmond would 'fight' Abstergo - I don't remember if he had actually considered suicide in the game (I don't think he did), but my confusion is a credit to your story; it is strong because it is natural and realistic.

Lastly - and this is because I am a sap for bookends - I really liked how the story both opened and closed with 'Desmond's first kill.' Nice thematic choices!
Zephyr5 chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Fantastic - I was starting to wonder if there was any decent AC fanfic out there, and here it is!

You Sir/Ma'am, deserve many more reviews than you have.

Great work - keep it up! :D

Zephyr5
Theta One chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
This story's just amazing! And I like how you've portrayed the whole "synchronization" thing. :)
callalili chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
So! I really felt that this story deserved a reviews (because let's face it, everyone likes reviews) but I had no idea what to say, because "this is great keep it up" always seemed kind of trite. I did like the story. You expanded on Desmond's character and backstory, which was something I appreciated because there isn't all that much on him in the actual game, and it was very realistic how he's a product of his upbringing and rebelling against it at the same time. I also liked the part about running away; Desmond has been doing that all his life, and now he decides he can't anymore, and you have the whole arc of his character development over the two games here, in miniature. Very elegantly done.

And this is a personal bias of mine but I loved how Desmond comes to realize that there are things worth fighting for out there. There are plenty of stories focusing on the journey from wonder to cynicism, but there are so few about the journey back, and that's really the sort of thing I like-for someone who thinks the world sucks to realize (or remember) that there are good things in it too-and this is what you've done with Desmond here. Brotherhood is something worth fighting for, the Creed is something worth keeping, and the discovery of this was subtle and realistic and entirely consistent with how you portray Desmond. There's the theme of choice (ie, choosing to run and not give a damn about the world) but instead in the end Desmond does the honorable thing instead. I cheered, I really did. It was very uplifting!

One thing that confused me was your sudden tense change halfway through the story. You have past tense up until "With a shock Desmond realized that he was a bartender..." and then you're using the present tense in "The shock of losing synchronization leads him to..." and I'm not sure what you're trying to do there. If this is a mistake, you should fix it, as it mars an otherwise impeccable style; if it's some sort of conceit, then you should make that more clear, because, well, it's really hard to tell what it's supposed to be doing.

And a nitpick! Plate armor is mentioned in the last sentence, but that's inaccurate. Plate armor as we think of it now didn't become popular until the 14th century at the earliest, and if you look at the models in AC you'll notice that most of them are in splintmail or chainmail, and not the kind of plate armor that you'll see on a classic sort of knight. (And Altair really isn't that small.)

Anyway, I love your style, and the AC fandom is sadly lacking in decent fics so I do hope you'll write more.
KuroKage1717 chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Wow. This was. . .just pure awesomeness. It was short, but you didn't need any more words to convey what you wanted. There isn't much to say - you had me speechless for a few moments after I finished reading. Astounding work, this is. :D
Peanuckle chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
I liked the reflective nature of this.

If the animus technology could ever become reality, I imagine it'd be great for therapy. People could visit their ancestors and discover what it meant to overcome the harshest trials, and apply that wisdom to their real lives.
Midnight Lullabye chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
Wow, very interesting indeed.:)

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who wonders what Desmond see's inside there. I mean, the game states that its what the player sees. But for some reason, I always felt that there must be more?

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. You put this into a good context. You stuck to what the game says, yet put your own twist on the control Desmond has. Like his feelings are being portrayed through Altair's personality, despite them being immensly different. So that was very well thoughtout.

The describing of the 'death' scenes also gave me shivers. Just to imagine looking down and be like; "Woah dude, when did an arrow stick through there?". Very strange indeed. The blending of the personalities together worked extremely well, really powerful emphasis on feelings and realities.

Very very nice. Hope you write some more Assassins Creed soon!:)