Reviews for the temple at the fork
Krishka chapter 1 . 3/24/2016
I have no words to describe the beauty of your story. Simple words but such profound meanings, the parallels drawn between Minato and Itachi, the role of third, Sasuke, Fugaku and the strength of Naruto's sky-blue loyalty and sunshine that changed it all. Especially loved Itachi's observations at the end, the ending itself. Keep up the great work.
Have a nice and inspirational day ! :) :)
guest chapter 1 . 5/8/2015
Awesome story! I don't think I've read a story with Itachi and Minato interacting before, but this was brilliantly done!
Midan no Hatake chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
I just had the urge for some Minato-Itachi interaction and here I find this. Ahhh, what a wonderful day... :)
of-the-sunshine chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Too much too much too much amazingness. Well, not really :)

The symbolism is spot-on, consistent, and quite beautiful. That fork in the river, that temple, that sunshine? This story leaves me breathless, and "asdfidweskdfj".

Itachi and Minato? Possibly the best characterization I've seen of them together, their characters are true, their actions are true to their characters, their hopes are true to their characters. One of the most poignant things, I'd say, was Naruto. He is just the perfect person to 'solve'/fix/mend the problems of this world, sunshine, determination, loyalty and all.

I LOVE this. Heart-wrenching, poignant, just right. It's beautiful :)
xxUchihacest chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Really great story. awesomely written. I enjoyed it very much. FAVORITE-ED
A Midsummer Night's Dreams chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
hmmmmm...interesting, how Minato and Itachi met there's Naruto.
TekJounin chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Awesome story, not so symbolic that I lost the thread and I loved how Itachi summed up Naruto's attitude. :)
MushroomMafia chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
so many perfectly played out symbols and repeats in the words. I really enjoyed the beautiful layering and passing of time of this story, and especially loved the fact that you pulled two rather different characters so smoothly together in this fic. i hope you continue to write, and will someday (very far in the future, i'm sure D) update Carpools. The one thing i um, dont really love about this is that there are a few teensy weensy mistakes, (such as 'air' instead of 'heir' or missing and ending quotation ark) that are my biggest pet peeve.

otherwise, an amazing one-shot with two very unlikely characters. fantastic. thank you for a wonderful read. D
Anon chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Wonderful! I loved the plot and you totally made me wish this happened in the manga! Itachi's hero-worship of Minato was so in character and very very endearing! I also love the way you used the temple to foreshadow Itachi's and Minato's decisions. And I absolutely adore how you pointed out that Naruto was the only one willing to chart his own path and attempt the impossible -"move the very foundation of the earth and pull the damn river together"- unlike Itachi or Sasuke. Great job!
coinc chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
Oh, this is just AWESOME. Probably the best fic I've read about these two-and I am ALWAYS looking for fic about these two. This one is just wonderful, and you, my dear, have written the possible interaction between Minato and Itachi so...so *plausibly*, there's just no other way it could have happened.

I loved the "temple at the fork," and how sincere small Itachi was, how impressionable-and in his own way, how sedate and stubborn, sort of a foreshadowing of the way he would grow up.

This is just marvelous, and I'm saving it to re-read! HEADCANON FOREVER :D
amour tue lentement chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
Very poetic & deep :)
Darth-Taisha chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
Really excellent, I loved how it flowed, just like the Nakano river from part to part. Itachi's character was good, there were a few typos such as Itachi is air to the clan, I am sure you meant heir. Just little things that if you went over it again you would be able to fix. Your style is wonderful and so vivid and descriptive. I found that your story was sad but very entertaining to read. Thanks for writing it!
NamedForTheWind chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
So there I was, having a serious moment, getting all emotional...and then "pull the damn river back together"! I couldn't help it. I cracked up. This was a great fic, not only because it made think and laugh.
Thorn In Your Side chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
...Why is the title not capitalized! DX *grammar Nazi*

"He noticed immediately, mainly because he had a face full of silk, that his elder clansmen wasn't dressed in his usual police regalia, but actually looked more presentable, and much more hassled, than usual."

~Slightly confusing owing to many commas.

"seeing him here and seeing him distrusted," ~and there you went just one too far with the use of the prefix 'dis'.

...And after that, I completely lost my head and heart to this fic. I'm sure there are other tiny thingies like that, but the way you write would make a brave man weep. Minato glows like a beacon. Itachi has some residual wonderment.

Um I better than most understand the need to post something you think is one of your better stories as soon as you can, but I would advise you to give this a once over to weed out the little things. Failing to capitalize Itachi's name here and there, that sort of thing.

The ending left a heavy sort of melancholy in my chest and a sweet hope in my eyes. The way you tied Itachi and Minato with Naruto and Sasuke was gorgeous.