Reviews for to see the world in a grain of sand
Lania26 chapter 1 . 1/14
This story is fantastic. You really excel at the dialouge and also some of the imagery you use is phenomenal...I can feel and see the love between them that you depict, I hope you keep writing because you're very good.
Amber Ice Fox chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Super cute oneshot! I'm glad I stumbled upon it!
wallywesting chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
That was beautiful! Thank you!
Pastelissimo chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
There's something obviously sombre about this fic, the way you patched bits of the movie elements into the story. I have to say, the part when Dastan takes Tamina's hand and says, "Have I ever told you about the Ngbaka?" breaks my heart every time. In fact, a lot of the other pieces are just so... angsty and lovely at the same time, I wonder why I haven't cried yet from the sheer subtlety and beauty of the way you wrote this story. I did find one part a bit too dramatic (-when Dastan got kicked in the head by a horse-) and I thought the story would still be as powerful without it, but that's more of my personal preference than anything else.

After two years, I still love this movie very much and your fic has been a splendid read. Interesting title, by the way.
brickroad16 chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
I don't know what to say except I love this story. I remember reading it after I first saw the movie, and it's still as great a read now as it was then. Dastan and Tamina are recognizable yet understandably different, but their rapport is still lovely to read. This is a believable and sweet follow-up to the end of the movie. Thanks so much for writing. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
Ooo, nicely done! Very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing!
sisana chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Loved it :)
Ichiume chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
Aaaaah, sweetness and completeness.
Love this fic! Thanks for sharing with us readers!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
I loved this short, little story. It captures the characters well, but I think Tamina is a little more feisty than how you portray her. Overall, I thought it was cute and ended up wanting to read more.
Lady Gwenevire chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
This is excellent. I love the way you portray Dastan and Gasiv's relationship. My favorite scenes, I think, are when Tamina bets Dastan away, and where she saves him after the horse kicks him. I was not expecting the latter at all.
Her Head In the Clouds chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Now I see why you have soo many reviews. It's very heart-warming. :)
Gyreflight chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Oh goody – this is the story I was looking for after I watched the film.

You do a brilliant job of keeping everyone believable and in character, and don’t stint on the extra little details which add depth to the whole – the way you start the story with a reminder of the relationship between Dastan and Garsiv is very nicely done, and makes a good point that for all the romantic angle, Dastan has lost and regained a whole life and all the people in it, and his family was a major part of that.

I do like the way you handle the romance, with all the peculiar mix of frustrations, certainties and humour that come of the oddity of the situation, and you have both the quick-fire banter to make the reader grin:

/"You should know that I have the keys to your sleeping chamber and that you are teaching me how to kill people," she reminds him dryly. "So watch who you're calling cheater."/

...as well as the romantic turns of phase that catch at the other side of the emotion they are playing with:

/He wouldn't be surprised if her lips pulled away the scar and his skin was healed beneath them./

I enjoyed that - thanks for the read.
miriel celeste chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
Oh my god this is amazing! I love the movie and this adds up so wonderfully Thank you big time for shareing this with us!
Falcon's Jade chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
Sooooo in character! And it was a great one shot, no need for long chapters that may never be finished, love the appearances of all the other characters!
Biritsu chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
It was really great! Thanks for this story.