Reviews for The Maltese Lark
Himizu-chan chapter 8 . 12/10/2012
I loved this. I really really did. I love old noir mysteries (I'm a huge fan of The Maltese Falcon) and this just perfectly captured the spirit of noir in my humble opinion. I would love to see more of this, but really I'm just thrilled that you wrote this one because it's fantastic.
Himizu-chan chapter 6 . 12/10/2012
Oh my god the Chulu adorableness! *dances around the room* Awww, the cute earnest little Chekov talking about how he wants to get married to Sulu and everything... Too cute for words!
But... really? Really? Now you're involving poor Scotty in all this and making him look suspicious? T_T Why?
Himizu-chan chapter 5 . 12/10/2012
Oooh, just as you said... the plot thickens! - Oh poor Jim...
Oh, Sulu's a lawyer! Loving this! And Chekov as a piano player... so cute... Of course, I just watched Charlie Bartlett the other day so I can never look at Chekov the same way again after that... but that's neither here nor there.
Himizu-chan chapter 2 . 12/10/2012
I actually think I'm more alarmed by Bones being rude to Jim than I am by the idea of him cheating on Uhura... o_O Except apparently she's cheating on him... which I can kind of totally believe... o_O
Again, loving the dialogue. Busted out laughing at the part where Jim is talking about the hot babes and Spock is all "that's why we're staying here" Loving the sarcasm... -
Himizu-chan chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
WHATTTTT?! No, Bones cannot be cheating on Uhura! This is unacceptable! o_O Bones is too sweet, he would never do that!
I'm finding this adorable though, the setting is so great. I think I'm really gonna like this one, but I love your AU's so I wasn't exactly expecting otherwise. The Spock/Jim dialogue is so perfect.
STUCKinDRIVE chapter 8 . 8/22/2012
i loved it! jim in a smoky lounge waiting to meet a snitch :) lol would definitely read more adventures should you put them out there
Doni chapter 7 . 12/7/2011
I just love the feel of this story. I totally hear it in my head with a Peter Falk (Death By Murder) narrator. I also want to picture it in black and white...or maybe sepia. None the less... It's just plain fun!
Burning Phoenix chapter 8 . 7/16/2011
And now i have officially read all of ur 2009 Trek stories. Now on to the TOS ones. U should so do another one of these. Totally loved it. I love how u r able to write a wrking AU but the characters r still, well, in character. Can't wait for more in general. :)
Marina Lenore chapter 8 . 6/13/2011
Wow. That was so entertaining. The writing was amazing - I HATE most first-person perspectives in fiction writing, I do. I love yours though. Something about how natural they sound, how down to earth they are and how much they flow..I adore it.

I would looove for you to make a series of these little detective stories, as I am sure others would too. :)

Geeze I'm addicted to your stories now. 3
shopgirl6 chapter 8 . 4/15/2011
so glad i found this story! it was very enjoyable. best part is that from chapter one, you don't know what is going to happen or how it is going to go. you definitely carved an interesting mystery here.
Doni chapter 8 . 2/11/2011
That was unique and fun. Of course I'd read more. You kept refering to them getting 'back' into space, so the story about why they don't have space travel any more must be interesting (especially considering there are Vulcans in the planet). Nicely done!
SnarkWrangler chapter 8 . 12/4/2010
I'm thoroughly charmed by the ending. :) It was quite tidy and positive, and I enjoyed how neatly everything turned out. One thing you may or may not want to check on, is I think in earlier chapters you used the name "Stonn" for Spock's lab assistant, but in this last chapter you used "Stron" for who I believe is the same person. Hope you enjoy the holidays!
SnarkWrangler chapter 4 . 12/4/2010
Wow, this is interesting! I'm seriously enjoying the timeless grace and smooth elegance of this story. And the setting! I have to say the opening scene acutely reminded me of Chinatown - in the best way possible, of course. Thank you very much for sharing this piece of art!
Carriewhowasreading chapter 8 . 11/6/2010
Nice job, it's like TNG doing the holodeck thing. Obviously, write what ever plot bunnies pop into existence. You kept soul of each character, and that males it a worthwhile read.
bookdragon01 chapter 8 . 6/27/2010
Finally back and able to catch up on my reading.

Nicely done and nicely wrapped up. Loved the ending with Archer calling about a missing beagle. :)
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »