Reviews for The Wayward Winds of Time
CharlieBoneFan chapter 1 . 6/6/2014
Nausicaa is like in a huge depression in the beginning. I like that. I also love the Nausicaa ad Asbel stuff. Great story.
may96 chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
wow, that's interesting, although I'm not completely clear on what they want to do.
lance2005 chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
This is an awesome story... I love it write more if you can...
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Wow, that was great! Loved it, I wish they (by they I mean Nausicaa's and Asbel's) feelings for eachother grew stronger in the film than it did, si this story was refreshing. Like I said, I loved it!
shelter chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
I read this story in one sitting.

Your story is pretty neat for several reasons. One, it gives me (a non-Nausicaa fanfic writer) a condensed, post-film version of what you think happens. Two, You go straight to the point, giving attention to the 3 characters that matter, without prolonging the story needlessly. Every event and piece of dialogue has its place. And three, what strikes me is, compared to multi-chaptered fics, you meet the golden requirement - show, don't tell - best, and you leave me to imagine the in-betweens.

There are parts of this fic which, however, still fall short in some way or another. For one, the death of the girl on the glider under Nausicaa's charge is so abstract that I can't comprehend it personally. Even though it has a lot of impact on how the story plays out, the reader (me) can't see what's the big deal because everything about that very important event is experienced through the reactions of your characters. I felt that this particular death could've been more obvious.

Then there's the problem that I don't sense any time at all. Your story, while condensed and straightforward, reads like a sequence of events going on without pause. I thought it would be better to put the main parts of your story in sections, especially Yupa & Asbel's arrival and Nausicaa & Asbel's conversation. Because I'm not directed to what events are significant (and have to endure a lengthy 7,000 word story), less patient readers might not make it to the ending. For one, I thought that the continuous speed towards a resolution took some strength away from your climax.

But I'll stick to what I mentioned first. Yes, this is a simple, fun-to-read one-shot. I like your characters especially, and your focus on the tense relations between them. It gives your story a touch of reality, and makes the interaction & dialogue stand out.
livelovemusic95 chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
there are no words to describe

The Archaic Minister chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Why? Why do the few writers with talent on this site never receive the attention and praise they so rightfully deserve?

This deserves better. Some mistakes in grammar and punctuation, and a bit dry at times, but I can see absolutely nothing else wrong with it. This was my all-time favorite movie, and was what first inspired me to reform my writing efforts three years ago.

And this, I assure you - this story embodies the setting on which it is based almost perfectly.

It's a work of art, nothing less, and I can only hope the less skilled writers on this site will learn a thing or two from it.