Reviews for Al's Awakening
jessi chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Great story, I liked it!
Kina Kalamari chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
I've read this before... Why didn't I review it? -is baffled at self-

It was adorable. I like how you portrayed their relationship. I seemed really natural with its simple affection. I loved Al's reaction. I would imagine that would be a little surprising. :P

Very nice.
ninjas-are-everywhere chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
This was cool! Al would probably had troubled not laughing when he saw what happened!
littleforestcat chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
This was a very good story for someone who's just gotten into the manga. And I know how you feel about characterization. When I write FMA fics, I'm always worried about my portrayal of Winry. I can't seem to get her right, for some reason! *shrug* In time, I know I'll get better, just like you'll get better as you progress with reading and watching.

Honestly, your portrayal wasn't really off. I can imagine when talking of his brother Ed being a bit more 'easy-going', like you've said, but I think he'd still have a small cautious and seriousness to him as well, if that makes sense.

Like another reviewer said, when Al witnessed the kiss, I would have imagined him smirking or smiling. If he was well enough he'd even probably yell "HAha! I told you so, brother!" or something like that. Because Al's always teasing Ed and Winry about their relationship. xD But I understood what you were trying to say about him being asleep for a while, and suddenly he sees something like that happen.

Well anyway, I hope my review was useful to you. PM me if you have any questions concerning it and I hope you enjoy reading the manga! It's well worth you time.

Cheers!

-setasyalmas
Guest chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
i liked it all sooo cute write more! look out for my storie in the fall

SUPPORT IS LOVE
S J Smith-Evil Little Dog chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Awww, this is really cute.
MOON PORE chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
I really liked that :D It was sweet C:
luny ravings of the mad hatter chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
HAHA. Cute. I must say, you're new to FMA? I have to tell you how lucky you are just to have started it. I've ben after this series since it started. It has been a long run. Hope you enjoy the manga as much as I did. (I'm still in denial that it's ended, I don't think I can survive without Edward's craziness he's just too adorable to live without) XD
AwesomeOliver chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
Awwww! It was sweet! I loved it _ as for the characters I think they were spot on (Ed does seem a little easy-going but there's nothing for him to worry about that much so I'd say it fits him) but poor Al, that must've felt akward :-P again it was great!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
This is a pretty accurate story! I think it was written very well and would like to continue reading your stories! The only problem I saw was at the end when Al was lying stunned. If you read some other fan fics, Al normally has a bet or was expecting Ed and Winry to kiss so I don't think he should have been too surprised, but happy or smirking instead. OK, that's enough critisism, and back to the good stuff! If I had an account, I'd definitely name you as one of my favourite authors!
Akira Elric chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
AWWWWW! It was so cute! I loved it!
Pumpkin2Face chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Woah! This was so good! This was totally amazing! I think you captured the characters personalities really well, much better then other people who have been fans for years. I think Ed would have been more flustered in that last scene (have you read up to the Briggs chapters yet? You'll see why I am saying that), although if its been a month that Al has been sleeping then maybe Ed and Winry have had plenty of time to become closer.
ArtificialRed chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
This is really good. Yeah, Ed's pretty laid back, but who's to say he won't be after he's done with his journey. So there's definitely some room to work in that area. I think you've done a good job with this fandom, and you should definitely write more. :)
Odinson91 chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
OK, speaking as someone who only reads the official English translation, I'd say Al was definitely in character, Ed was just a bit too easy-going but making him still worry about Al was a nice touch, after their first encounter with the Gate he'll probably never stop worrying, Winry seemed to be in character, I'm not really an expert on her so I can't say for sure. Also, I don't know if this has been disproved by now but I remember that after Ed saw Al's body at the Gate they hypothesized that Ed was sort of doing everything for two and was basically Al's body's lifeline, i.e. he was eating, sleeping, and drinking for both of their bodies, so Al's recovery shouldn't take more than probably six months considering that.
Poisoned Scarlet chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
I think you kept him, Ed, in character pretty well. I mean, considering you didn't go into too much detail about the whole situation, his character fit perfectly. I didn't really see much OOCness although Al could have been more excited; afterall, he has gotten his flesh body back. He'd hoot for joy at the feel of hunger, as he hadn't felt that for around 5 years or so.

Overall, I think you got it down :D