Reviews for The Proof in the Painting
julianne chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
This is a wonderful one-shot. I love how you used Angela to show Bones how Booth really sees her. She can be so blind sometimes. Many people were down on Booth for not pursuing Brennan at this point, for not riding over her rejection of him. But Booth knows her best and realized that no matter what he said at that point she wouldn't have changed her decision. I like how you saw her insecurities as the real reason she rejected him, she truly sees herself as unlovable because of how many times she has encountered people who only see others at face value and don't delve any deeper. If she wasn't so unaware of her surroundings when she is in deep concentration then she would have known that Booth watched her so intensely. After all he is a silent predator, a sniper who can blend in with the shadows and no one knows he is watching. When I was young I could be reading or watching something and my siblings would have to call my name about 15 times before I would notice them. Some people's concentration skills are awesome, but at times can be a liability when they lose touch with what's going on around them. Write more I'll be looking for your literary efforts.
bluedaisy05 chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
So lovely!
Kalida chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
WOW! Really... really... really... GOOD! AWESOME...

So true.. you know.. This is exactly the reason why Brennan rejected Booth... She doesn't think she can give back anything in return of Booth's love... This is so awesome... I just absolutely love it... Great characterisation... Really outstanding...

"I don't know. I feel like if I knew, perhaps I could replicate the instinct, however artificial that would be." I breathe a sigh. "It's just the way—when I—when I look at him. It's how I—feel. I feel better. He has this—gift or something. He doesn't have to give it any effort."

This para just shows so goddamn beautifully how Brennan feels, I guess. SHe feels that she just can't reciprocate the love.

"Quiet girl, Brainiac, Morticia. Creepy. Ice Queen. Emotionally distant. Dirty foster kid. Bitch.

Marco?

Polo.

Did she just actually speak? Oh my God, you guys, Temperance isn't a mute!"

SO touching ... I nearly cried reading this... (And I didnt even cry when I watched Titanic). So wonderfully outsatndingly written...

Please please please keep writing...
stairwaytotheskies chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
This is just beautiful. You've left me kind of speechless, actually. So I'm just going to say that I loved this, and it's going on my favorites.
hoodie622 chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Hello krimz. I wanted to come to read one of your stories because you left me such wonderful praise for mine.

I really like how you've handled the Angela/Brennan dynamic here. I do think at the end of the season Brennan was beginning to show her courage...that is...until the moment when she really had to step up and couldn't. You've captured that well here. She KNOWS. She does, she does doesn't know how she knows and is scared of that.

You're dialogue for Angela and the lens with which Brennan sees her are very accurate, I think.

Well done! An enjoyable read!
eitoph chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
This is absolutely wonderful! The way you display a lot of Brennan's thought process is excellent, quite true to character and a brilliant interpretation of things she's said throughout the season, especially in 5.16.

I loved Angela's attitude throughout, I just kind of want her to be my best friend too after reading this.

Lovely :)
sketchnurse chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
Got a rec to this fic from LJ and figured I'd better check it out.

Oh, wow. This was fantastic on just so many levels, but I especially loved the part about her eyes... That just crushed and uplifted me all at the same time. Beautiful.
EmeraldSoleil chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
This is a wonderful story! Sometimes I think that without Angela, the whole darn Jeffersonian would fall apart.
anonymous.individual chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Wow. Brilliant story :)
gypsymuse chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
I don't think I have enough superlatives to praise this story sufficiently. Your insight into Brennan is breathtaking here, and her interaction with Angela is simply perfect. Thank you for an amazing read!
Bsquared19 chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Oh my goodness! I'm gobsmacked! You need to do another continuation of this or somethign! Ack ANYTHING! That was beautiful!
Tadpole24 chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Ohhh! I really really loved this.

Ange and Bren's round about ways of saying the things that really need to be said. I really enjoyed it. It was believable and true to the characters and it made me smile a little here and there. :)

The court sketches that Angela does were a nice touch, something original and different.

And I especially loved the morning after, looking at the painting and seeing Booth and knowing. That was beautiful.

Thank you for writing. :)

Em

xx
CupcakeBean chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Well I had a nice, long, thoughtful review typed out here, but ate it...

In a nutshell, I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed this fic. You have a great insight into Brennan here and have done a fantastic job writing in her "voice". Not many people can pull a Brennan POV piece off, but you did it well! I've thought one of her biggest issues is the way she views herself, especially in regard to Booth, and this season has proven it. You expanded on that here in a very believable way. I especially love this section:

"Because I have only one question when it comes down to it, and that question is how a man like Booth can love a woman like me.

I only need the answer to that question and then—

But as soon as my excitement brews, it is gone again. Because I realize that, if he sees the truth of me, then he cannot truly love me."

This reminds me of Brennan's conversation with Avalon in Harbingers. "He knows the truth of you and he's dazzled by it." Brennan can logically explain the superficial reasons someone (Booth) loves her, as she did in both Harbingers and your fic, but she doesn't really feel worthy of being loved. I also like how you showed that she's not immune to the way other people see her. Brennan is a human, and words hurt, as much as she tries to pretend it doesn't bother her.

Unfortunately, I had more good things to say, but it's been forever lost to evil . I truly enjoyed this and I'm eager to read more of your work!
thisgirltries chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Wow. This was amazing!

This was so beautifully written, you did awesome at keeping them as close to character. This is definitely my favorite fanfiction story

!

I can only wish that a conversation like this would happen on Bones. (:
Kaz chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Love this, really beautifully written :o) and do you know what would make me even more happy?

Keep it going.. I really reall want to read more!

Thanks for posting :o)