Reviews for The Bigger They Are
ChristyWIX chapter 50 . 7/31
I figured they'd have busy lives once school started up for all of them again and this was really busy. Just wait until all of the extra curriculars are added into it as well. Emmett with his size, will probably be tapped by the football coach. Sam with his smarts, most likely tapped by the various teams of academia. I knew that Bella and Edward wouldn't make it until that planned weekend. I sort of figured that she would've come over to his house, while Charlie and Renee were visiting but, that came and went. They had the perfect people to watch the kids overnight, and didn't take advantage. I thought Josh and Will would get a hotel for the one night, scheming with Renee, to give these two a night alone. Again, came and went. Her showing up as a drowned rat in a trench coat, I knew it was game on. Very good for their first time. Very them. No sleeping . . . there's no time for that, hehehe. Very fun.
Wendyg63 chapter 59 . 7/31
Moving along works well too.
Wendyg63 chapter 58 . 7/31
Perfect engagement proposal!
ChristyWIX chapter 49 . 7/31
Well, Edward seemed to break through the gruff Charlie with his story of him and Jasper in basic. At least he laughed. That's something. Renee seemed quite nice. Jake still cracks me up. Wonder if Charlie will show up on the base again. Sighting he was bored at home, of course.
ChristyWIX chapter 48 . 7/31
I guess Bella never shared with the boys that Edward wasn't re-upping. Why wouldn't she share such an important piece of information with them? It seems that as soon as the boys found that out, suddenly Edward is more important to them. As was evidenced with them arguing who got to sit next to him at dinner and Emmett asking more questions about his potential bar. Bars can be quite the money makers. We know a bar owner and he really brings in the money. However, because it is a bar, he's never home at night and doesn't get to see his three girls as much as he wishes he could. They're in school during the day, he's working at night. I digress. Charlie just popping in like that was interesting. Wonder how Bella felt about her father ambushing her boyfriend that way. I'd hope she'd be pretty pissed. She knew how nervous her man was about meeting him. Not cool Charlie.
ChristyWIX chapter 47 . 7/31
Will is a great brother. I loved how he explained what happened when Charlei found out everything that had gone on with him and the various bases. How he was hurt about them not trusting him enough to tell him. Poor Charlie, I can't imagine how that must've felt, learning it all later. DwardEdward thinking they need to soundproof the closet, was hilarious. It was a really good thought though, lol. Busted, is right. Hello Josh!
Wendyg63 chapter 57 . 7/31
I like how Edward wanted to be treated as a parent. Good stuff.
ChristyWIX chapter 46 . 7/31
I'm very glad that Edward talked to Jake but, I didn't like that he blamed himself. As if he did something wrong. He definitely handled that whole 'can I keep you conversation' very well. It wasn't his decision to make, it is Bella's. Well, his and Bella's. He doesn't have children and therefore answered very well. No, I didn't like him blaming himself, when he did everything right. It was Jake's age that couldn't handle the question. As well as, Edward's sudden change in work schedule. I love Will, he's wonderful. I really liked their conversation on the way to picking up pizza. They really talked about it all. His complete acceptance of Edward was great.
ChristyWIX chapter 45 . 7/31
Will's email to Edward was fun to read. I just know they are going to hit it off. I like that he's getting there a full day earlier than his husband. Gives Bella, Edward and Will to bond first, then add in Josh . . . followed by Charlie and Renee. I knew Bella would love this DVD being complied but, reading the extras they are putting in there, she's going to really love it. Poor little Jake again. He thought that Edward not coming around was his fault. Oh the little ones just don't understand work gets in the way sometimes. A case of really bad timing for Edward and his work, right off of Jake's question about keeping him. Sigh. I'm glad that Bella uncovered the truth from Jake and that she asked Edward in person. I'm thinking the squeaky dog toy approach may have been best after all now too.
ChristyWIX chapter 44 . 7/31
That was mighty kind of Masen to give Edward an out, just before he finalized everything. Unexpected and very nice. I'm so glad that Edward let him know it was fine. That he was actually looking forward to having him nearby, for the sake of the kids. It was also rather nice of Masen to ask Edward to keep an eye on Alyssa, when he's away. Bella and Alice both, have had to deal with their men away. So, I know those ladies will help her quite a bit, as she's never dealt with that. It's also quite different if your man is in a nearby state, than off in the land of horrors most can't even imagine. I hope they don't have many of those nights, like the one Edward just came off of. Or, maybe I do want him to. Mid he has more and they realize they can see each other if they live together, as opposed to separately, it may be a good thing.
ChristyWIX chapter 43 . 7/31
I'm thankful,that Edward and Jake's discussion was in here. Edward was telling her the story but, she distracted him with going away the weekend after her birthday, before he told her about what Jake asked of him. To keep him. From your top author note, I'm sorry it seems you were getting slack from some of your WIP readers. I find this story to be perfectly paced. Yes, I thought, what if the boys come down and Bella has Edward in her mouth. However, I also had complete faith in you not to traumatize any of her son's that way . . . you simply wouldn't do that. Plus, she's got mom hearing and would know if one of them was about to pop in. I am enjoying the slow burn, as it is allowing Edward to bond not only with Bella but, with each son separately. Sam still needs some Edward alone time . . . I imagine he's up soon.
ChristyWIX chapter 42 . 7/31
I was very glad that Edward didn't break one off in Bella's shower. He had me worried for a minute there, until he was actually in that shower. Loved that he paid Emmett to clean the shower. I don't blame him for that at all. Emmett offering to share the wages with Seth, was great. Putting both boys to work do making sure it was done correctly, by ensuring it passed the Bella inspection. Her just going to town on Edward was hot. I think he was surprised and of course, happy. Fun. Jake's enthusiasm is contagious. Loved his choices for the day. Cracker Barrel, the park and a toy store. Perfectly acceptable idea for his age. Lilith popping into the story, was surprising. I really liked that Jake stood up, right along with Edward, when she approached. Little gentleman. Then I loved when he went to Edward held his hand and leaned against him. I think he felt like this woman would take him away from his mom and he was having none of that. Little does he know, Lilith would never be an interest for Edward again. Ever. I liked that he relaxed when she mentioned she was married. Then downright disinterested by the time she left. Love that kid.
ChristyWIX chapter 41 . 7/30
Okay,Mathis chaoter was so sweet. I love the addition of Emily. It was so seamless. Then to learn that Mrs. Beasley chose Edward when he was younger, just like Emily just did their family . . . it's effing perfect. Bella letting them know that Sam and Edward were on dog cleaning and bathtub cleanup, was also perfect. Just a very enjoyable chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 40 . 7/30
Now that is a really wonderful idea that Edward came up with. I really like that he went to Emmett first to get his opinion. Made me think he may do that again in the future, for a completely different reason. I liked that all the boys were happy with the idea, and I think that Bella will flip, in a very good way, when she sees what Edward has done for her and the boys.
ChristyWIX chapter 39 . 7/30
What a wonderful idea, to spend individual time with each of the boys. Emmett and Edward already had a ton of those, thanks the reason we are all here reading this whole story. His breaking Edward's windshield and his repayment program. Now he got some time with Seth and the promise of more with the upcoming lessons. Jake, of course, wheedled his very own day out of the deal. He needs to think of something else to do with Sam. They'd enjoyed their time at the science thing. So, perhaps another something like that? I loved when Bella kept poking him with her toes to remind him he wasn't allowed to stop yet. So fun.
9,739 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »