Reviews for The Shining Dark
Jenny ice chapter 33 . 7/28
Just found this little jewel while looking for another story...lets just say I completely forgot about the other story I was looking for. This. Fanfic. Is. One. Of. The. Best. I. Have. Ever. Read. Period. The details you use to describe the action and the creativity use incorporate to go with the plot of the syory is BRILLIANT! Please update soon!
LunaBianca chapter 33 . 3/21
The story still grips me. What a fascinating way to incorporate Nel! I really enjoyed the last two chapters and eagerly await more. I don't have any critique to offer...

Well, maybe I want to know what is happening with Isshin, Karin and Yuzu. And I always like the Ichigo and Rukia interaction...The scenes with Sora were really moving.

You're doing a stellar job with this tale, Trip, and I appreciate all of the time and creative energy you give. Thanks for writing!
Magical Poof chapter 33 . 3/19
Oh my god, this fic is amazing! You've done an incredible job reimagining the world and fitting the Bleach characters in perfectly, as well as keeping many of the same plot points and characterization. I love it! But I particularly love your portrayal of Ichigo and Rukia's relationship, it's absolutely beautiful. I'm definitely looking forward to more! I was honestly so disappointed to realized I'd gotten to the last chapter, I wanted to keep reading!

I can't wait to find out what's going on with the dream Rukia had (and this White Moon business. I know it's Rukia's thing in the manga, but I imagine you're hinting at something by having the Hollows give her a unique, identifiable code name? Also what was the business about the fertility permits or something? Is she sterile? So many questions, but I'm really looking forward to finding out the answers!).
Duh, duh, Dunnnnnnn! Don't leave me hanging on this forever! I cannot wait for the next chapter in our bleached-out-space-adventure!
White.Demon.Feathers chapter 32 . 2/24

Please do not wait so long for the next update! I absolutely LOVE this story It's so unique and clever and I just cannot wait for what happens next!
guest chapter 32 . 2/21
So glad to see an update! I didn't know there was one, otherwise I would've read this chapter already. This probably won't be super organized but some passing thoughts:

First, I noticed the comment about Rukia's annoyance with Renji seeming irrational and undeserved. I think it's true to an extent but not in a bad way. They left each other on bad terms and when they reunite Rukia finds out he's been hired to kill her and Renji finds her in a closet half naked with another guy. You'd be hard pressed to find a worse reunion between exes. And when we consider the short time span since that reunion and that they're currently fighting to save billions of lives, the tension makes sense.

Yes, Rukia is snippy with him (I do feel a bit bad for Renji at times - not really in this chapter though) but it's understandable given the situation. I think what makes it more noticeable is how it contrasts with the manga, where they've mended everything and slid back into a close and comfortable friendship. But Kubo tends to have things forgiven pretty quickly, and I don't mind if you want to go in a different direction here. The Rukia/Byakuya relationship might be one of the biggest examples of this (especially given the chapters involving Rukia's bankai) but I'm down for the ride.

I like how you tied in Sora and elements of Orihime's fight with Numb Chandelier. Poor Tatsuki - as in the manga, left behind by her best friend and childhood friend. Originally Kubo planned to have her develop power, along with Keigo and Mizuiro. I guess it's for the best he didn't, he already has too many plotlines to manage.

So the ability to control the bio modified people...that must be why the ones attacking Rukia back in the garage suddenly disappeared and Ichigo came in? How uncomfortable it'd be having to listen to Sora. I feel like Ichigo keeping his "situation" a secret from his friends could backfire. Horribly. Not that he really has a way of bringing it up, or has any reason to from his pov. He's trying to keep things under control and protect everyone as usual. Then again, when shit hits the fan it might not matter whether they know or not. I can't wait.

Thanks for the update. Real life stuff can be demanding. I hope you find/keep your muse and find the time so this story can continue.
Mega Mario 6 chapter 32 . 2/20
I never would have though that there was anything creepeir than an abandond hospital. Then you put a creepy hospital, in a blood-soaked tin can, in space. Not to mention that this particular hospital was creating your weeping angel level scary monsters out of its own passengers, and the worst part is, you barely even touched on the scene and it still has that much weight. I swear, if you wanted to you could give us all nightmares... In fact, if I didn't already fancy myself partially insane I would already be having them, and probably enjoying every moment.

Your writing is excellent as always, IRL sucks sometimes but your loyal readers will always be here ready to follow you into the world of your creation. No matter how distacting life gets.
Irelandgal131 chapter 32 . 2/19
yay! glad you update. hmm where is this going...
Hi, it's the first time I review your fic, sorry! it's my favourite fic in all the time I've been in this fandom, I love to see little snippets of the original bleach history woven in the universe you've created, I want to thank you for all the time you have used researching and writting and for still taking the time to keep updating, many great fics have been abandoned and I am very thankful every time you update.

Thank you and see you next time!
Kireina-Ame chapter 32 . 2/18
This is one of those stories that when I see updated, it elicits a physical (and audible) reaction of excitement! And I usually re-read the ENTIRE story when it's been a while since the update - but as it happens, I already have re-read this in the past couple weeks because I missed it so! Thank you for the update!

This chapter was just as exciting as - well - ALL of them have been! I loved how you wrapped Chad and Orihime further into the group to resemble the team from the original Bleach story so flawlessly. And Rukia and Renji's scene? This is truly where I was on the edge of my seat! With the unsettling discovery and how she connected the dots to put the pieces together! Go Rukia! And then her plan to shoot them out in space to be picked up? Hilarious! I can't wait for more! I know there will be greater fight scenes, more revealing of secrets, getting to see the Kurosaki family, and the Ichigo-Rukia reunion! I will be patiently awaiting the next chapter!
Kuchiki24 chapter 32 . 2/17
Oh yay! It's been awhile, but I'm so glad for the update.
Although I greatly enjoyed your most recent update, I found myself going back to reread some of the recent chapters to catch up, and found something a little discomforting. It's nothing horrible, or even anything that would make me stop reading, but it was a bit distracting. I'm not sure what your intentions with the whole Rukia-Renji relationship is, but I find Rukia's constant annoyance and frustration with Renji a bit painful to read. Mostly because I think it's unwarranted most of the time. If your intention is to make Renji unsympathetic and your audience agree with Rukia's cold regard of his presence, unfortunately I must be missing some of the story. Instead I'm more annoyed with Rukia's snide comments, as internal as they may be. This is probably an unpopular opinion and I doubt anyone else sees a problem with the two's interactions, but I figured keeping Renji along and even pairing the two up for the last couple of chapters you as the writer are interested in developing their characters. With this in mind, I would regret to see Renji turn into a hated character because Rukia can't handle his jokes. Yeah, he makes some awkward comments and has trouble letting go of the past, but with his previous flame and her new man constantly around I don't blame him for not getting over it immediately. He's a bit childish, but so is Rukia's consistently negative thoughts of him. I hope the end of this road sees some resolution between them and Renji proves that he's not ALL bad. Not even mostly. On another note, I'm looking forward to a new chapter and hope you're enjoying your new place. Happy writing and good luck getting back into the habit.
BrazeRancor chapter 31 . 1/29
An interesting 'hard' scifi universe full if clever and intuitive design choices. It does feel like you slapped names and references on some things just to make the Bleach connection, but you know what? That's just fine.

Keep up the good work.
Irelandgal131 chapter 31 . 12/29/2014
Nice chapter and some references to the manga. love this story! update soon please :)
Guest chapter 31 . 11/16/2014
Please, please, please update!