Reviews for The Golden Age: Reclamation War
Liveiindiez chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
So this story is dead? Damn...that was a lot of time spent reading this only to never get an ending...
jwillie206 chapter 79 . 5/10/2014
REALLY SAD ENDING! :(
Archangel chapter 79 . 4/29/2014
Nope. Not Archangel. Just hoping that by simply putting that name down you will actually read this and hear me out.

I have taken upon myself to say this: but (as I am sure you know) it has been over a year since your last update. I don't know if your heart problems have gotten worse/better, but then...it is your personal life so it is up to you what to share with us.

I just wanted to talk to you man to man, Maderfole.

This is one of those stories I keep coming back to BECAUSE I have been with it for so long. It was an inspiration for me to write my own story and to keep reading fanfics in general. Maderfole you have given me hours upon hours of entertainment and despite how this story seemed to be coming together for one killer climax, I realize that it probably isn't one of your priorities. But the lack of an ending doesn't take away from this story. I will still always love it.

But I have given up hope for an update.

That might sound like I am mad or disappointed (well maybe the latter, simply because of how much I love this story), but that isn't completely true. I just have to close the book on this story and move on. Your writing comes from the Golden Age (see what I did there?) of Gundam Seed fanfiction. There was so much good, bad, and just plain weird stuff coming out during 2011-2012 that THIS was the place to be! Remember all those people asking you to Beta read their stuff? A certain girl named Eclipse? That guy who challenged you thinking he could write a better story? Gundam Seed Dauntless? So much creativity! You made the forum what it was! It was a great time to be a Gundam Seed fan!

Hell I STILL push your story on others, because I think what you wrote should be shared with every Gundam fanatic.

That being said, I am not going to keep holding out for a new chapter or even an update. The average reader probably isn't following your story anymore, your forum is on its last legs, and most of the new reviews are the few people catching up (I wonder how long they will stick around?).

In fact, I don't even know if you read these reviews anymore (hence the lie at the beginning)...but I hope you are.

Stephen King once wrote that every writer should tell their story for themselves and I hope you have made your peace with yours...especially if you are done writing it.

I will say this though (and I am going to be completely selfish here) but if you are done, if you are finished. If you don't think you have the time or energy to keep writing this epic...I, and I know others, would love a final summary of the plot-points and what was going to happen (you said you had an ending and several parts planned out).

For the few who have stuck around for all these years, who have written reviews under various personas and gotten into creative arguments, I am going to be a dick and say you owe those reviewers that (I am not including myself, I don't deserve to be included in that list). But idk how they feel...

I WILL speak for the average reader and say it would be wonderful to have some closure. Just something to think about.

You seem to be a fan of a Song of Ice and Fire, so I will end with this:

"Now my watch has ended."

I will let other readers keep pestering you for an update.

Best of luck,

Connor Parafist
Talonis Wolf chapter 79 . 4/19/2014
Wow. I finally caught up!

The capture and interrogation of Lilia was excellent way of showing just how much Frost had really changed her- well played, well played.

And going further back, I wonder if it's a coincidence that both Gorefin and 'The Desert Tiger' were at the same beach... it wouldn't surprise me to see those two understand each other well enough to get along. They both have that predatory instinct, that cold logic , while still being loyal to those they serve for, and the ideals those they serve represent.

And the confrontation with Sai and Kira was well written! It also served to remind the reader how they both changed since the Isolation War.

I look forward to reading more of your excellent work!

Talonis Wolf, Out.
Talonis Wolf chapter 37 . 4/8/2014
...Kira is friends with a Sea Monster.

*evil grin*

Only he could get a uber-powerful, sentient, and somewhat arrogant sea monster to be good friends! It's so Kira, even despite his personality changes.

It also gives the Chimera more 'humanity' on top of that scene with the Three Current Chimera meeting. Something that they desperately needed up to this point in the story.
Talonis Wolf chapter 23 . 4/7/2014
'Kunai' is actually Sai, isn't he? *Rolls eyes* He never learns... in canon and fanon alike.

Although... I suppose if he modifies his original plan to Isolate the Edenites and the Naturals/Coordinators from each other, it'd actually be [i]easier[/i] since they already are separated, with the only contact between them up to this point being Orb and its Humanitarian Missions. And even those were technically illegal... Hmmm. I like what I see. So many possibilities...
God of Death and Disease chapter 2 . 4/2/2014
I was interested in your weapon technology and their explanations. Most of it seems scientifically correct so I'm just wondering if I can use the knowledge for a story of my own I'm writing, if you don't mind. It's pretty hard to find such a decent description of future based weapons systems so good job on that. Still trying to find out what a Boser and all that crap does.

Been a long time fan of your work, I hope you'll keep up the good work.
New Guy chapter 79 . 1/19/2014
Hi Maderfole

I have been a big fan of your golden age books since you first started them. I check everyday for updates even though it has been nearly a year since you last updated. You do have a lot of fans like myself who are casual readers and do not have time for World of Gundam Battle Golden Age Warfare. I don't mean to rush you in anyway, please take your time but do give us some kind of update that you do plan to continue and not just focus on the online form.

Thanks again
New Guy
fadillah chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
i like yourssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
ZE Terrian chapter 79 . 11/20/2013
I can already see a part as to how the fight will turn out. There still is a large shark in Orb and I believe he will be crucial to there escape. Can't wait for the next update to see how this team pulls off one of the most crazy prison break-ins ever.

I hope your well, and thank you for the amazing chapter.

Regards
Amion the O chapter 79 . 9/15/2013
A good chapter, and now the long wait for the next one. I do realize now that I must have read the scene with Djbril meeting Typhon and somehow remembered it as a battle in Orb, possibly because I ended up glimpsing the BALOR battle too, after all, before reading RW from the start.

I'm kind of happy for that, although I wonder how long it will be like many others before Typhon emerges.
Amion the O chapter 78 . 9/15/2013
I thought of something this chapter, that has really bugged me because it is a flaw as far as I can see, in the story as you have presented it. You went out of your way in Eden Disaster to show that many people, most notably Cagalli, HATE PEOPLE MESSING WITH THEIR MINDS, and it isn't just a temporary distaste either due to outside stimuli such as Kisaka's death. Cagalli and many others simply do not like it and frankly I do understand their complaints. This should have been expounded on in Reclamation War or not at all in ED.

Where is Cagalli's revulsion of psychic interference in her arguments about the Edenites? Where exactly for that matter, did these feelings go in the seven year gap. Timeskips are a horrible pitfall, I know that possible more than half the people on here, thanks to some of my own dramatic slip-ups with them. If Cagalli and vast numbers of surely millions of people if not billions got over their fear of psychics especially after Noa Borander proved they existed on live television for all to see, then you should have expounded on this happening or resolved it, preferably on-page, considering how important it is. It would have made Kira's betrayal all the more poignant, especially with Frost's attacks. Where was the nightmarish horror that all those deep, dark unconscious fears of psychic mind-rape were true after all? Granted, a good number of people weren't psychically attacked, but I still have to wonder about that.

But I digress. Where was the political spectrum of Orb Stumps living on psychic New Eden? This harkens back to my complaint about the malevolent presence of the Caller not being felt at least by Lacus, Aoi or someone. It just didn't happen. Or at least wasn't discussed, another problem. The Edenites mention it about Orb being Stumps. The Orbites don't. They behave like it's a simple matter of normal politics not involving what is honestly a world changing factor that many people rightfully fear.
Amion the O chapter 77 . 9/15/2013
I...strangely didn't care for this chapter. Don't know why, but it grabbed me wrong. It almost feels as if Frost is backtracking here with his feelings for Lilia. He already overcame and examined himselves and had his culminative moment with Lilia. He doesn't need to keep going on back and forth. If anything he's deceiving himself again. Well, perhaps not, but if this kept up he would. I suppose he's finally realizing that if he goes too far, he'll end up as a creature not too different from Kira or others. Perhaps Lilia is not too far off the right track in helping him regain his emotions of love.
Amion the O chapter 76 . 9/15/2013
This was a great character moment for the BALORS, Ashino and Lain. I'm glad it took up the time it did, and almost wish I could see the BALORS in action. This now gives these intimidating creatures a soul even if they haven't been shown in dialogue yet. Good one for the record score of heart-felt chapters.

I'm not sure how I want Durandel to fall, but I thought that quote about him fearfully talking about Edenites ruling over the Coordinators to be funny, considering he probably would want his own people to be in the Edenite position. How ironic. I do disagree with Cagalli though. She obviously wasn't aware of what Hitler managed to do when he convinced the Germans they were superior...Or the Japanese for that matter. the Edenites left alone sure thing and they wouldn't hurt anyone, but if they were put into Durandel's Destiny Plan, which he seems to feel would be absolutely necessary, then it would be a slavery caste.

I still laugh to myself when Durandel got Noa's genetics back as "Figure of Reverence".
Amion the O chapter 75 . 9/15/2013
I'm still surprised that Leviathan didn't form another tidal wave. Heck, she's easily big enough to cause a deadly wave with just by jumping and diving. Oh well. At least Jack did well for what he was.
1,388 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »