Reviews for The Golden Age: Reclamation War
Jman12394 chapter 11 . 7/8/2010
Frost's BACK!

can't wait to see what everyone's reaction's are going to be when they find out that forst has kira's body.

the difference between the way luna and shinn lives and the way mayrin lives was brought home this chapter. the people at the lab are SUCH nasty people. i wonder what would happen if kira went to the PLANTs and broke meyrin and noah out? it would certaintly be interesting

kunai is a very heartless guy. he KNEW lacus and the kids were going to die and didn't do anything. so mean. i also thing kunai is sai.

thats all and please update soon. i want to know what happens next.

also where's stella?
LordRevanMandaloreofZutara chapter 11 . 7/8/2010
Reclamation War, Chapter 11 Review Part 2

Part 2: Kunai, Hiero, and the War Against Nazi USN continued

Will they still be as weak and powerless against the Chimera, or will the Chimera find that once more Humans have gained extensive power over the planet. Just a thought.

Part 3: Noah, Durandel, and Noah’s Unusual Words

This is what I have been waiting for, ever since Noah was captured and ED ended. It was, decent. I guess the reason for me not enjoying it more is the fact that Noah is actually warning Durandel. Which caught me off guard. Why would NOAH, give any kind of friendly warning to DURANDEL? It makes no sense. Though after a little thought, I guess Noah has come to value Durandel slightly, since it seems aside from FEAR doctors, he is the only ones who visits Noah in his jail cell.

Still the scene was amusing in some aspects. Durandel is so arrogant. What he seems to have forgotten is that he is human, and all humans fall. It does not matter who they are. He also should re-familiarize himself with one of my favorite Bible verses, “Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.” It does not matter who you are, self-serving, haughty Pride will destroy you. And no matter what I feel about Kira Yamato, he is not a fly. Nor are any members of the CF or Orb. They may be weak now, especially with their Independence Bill going through your Tricamerial Legislature, but that does not mean they cannot recover. So just enjoy your time on the top Durandel. That Pride will come back, and when it does, I hope it is in the form of a rejuvenated Noah. Oh yesss, what an scene that will make.

Part 4: Evil Finds A Way

Truthfully I enjoyed the Meyrin part of Cold Front the best. Well, actually I did not. But it was what captured my attention the most. It wasn’t just because of her, but because the true evil of FEAR is now revealed. I don’t know how anyone can support the USN after this. I know what some may argue, that this is only one segment of the USN, that it does not represent the will of the people or some other such nonsense. That is bull. I have compared the USN to the Nazis numerous times before. And this chapter only goes to prove my comparison. The USN and Germany under Hitler are virtually identical. There may not be the same virulent hate for the Edenites that there was for the Jews, but the USN people don’t trust the Edenites. I mean, the Edenites are psychic, yes, but what exactly is the crime they have committed that they deserve TO BE DISCETED WHILE ALIVE! What is their crime! Will someone who supports the USN TELL ME? Is it the fact that they can peak into other’s minds? That they can lift objects without touching them? That they are aware of more things then the average human? Is it that they are DIFFERENT? Or is their crime simply that they are alive, alive and free to partake of the new Earth, the Eden, and live freely, live without some super government that controls every aspect of its citizen’s lives watching their every movement, every word they speak? Is that their crime? That they are alive, that they are free? Does the fact that they are alive, free, and aren’t equal to other “humans” mean they have to be rounded up, taken from their family, put into a Death Camp, punished if they exercise their natural abilities, and if they get too out of line they are dissected while alive? Is that the punishment they are to be afflicted with? If so, how can anyone support the USN?

Now to talk about Trooper Harry McNabb. What a despicable, perverted man. I may be weird most of the time, but there is just something so wrong with a guy stealing women’s underthings. I mean, what exactly is he going to do with it? Uhh, wait. I don’t won’t to know. Whatever he is going to do, even if it is just collect them, he is sick. He is one of those people that I cannot wait to see die. Right now I am liking Noah finding out about him, of course it would also be very satisfying to see Meyrin twist his neck, tear off his head, and play volleyball with it with the other Edenite prisoners. Now that would be a very nice scene. Maybe the intestines of the various scientists could be the net and the bodies of the Director and Roanoke can serve as the two polls to hold the net. (Its morbid, yes, but I think it is what those FEAR people deserve)

In the end, McNabb is just another bully, and a cowardly one at that. I am afraid that he might actually rape Meyrin, though hopefully that won’t happen. Still it is a possibility, one that if comes up I hope Meyrin gets a chance for some very cold revenge.

On a brighter note, it is very pleasing to see that Meyrin and Noah are more in love now then they were in ED. I still worry that you will kill the two off in the story, but hopefully you will be kind enough to let them see each other again before you do, if you kill them which I fervently request you do now. It is also nice to hear that those FEAR monsters haven’t discovered everything about Edenites yet. Hopefully it means that Noah has a few tricks up his sleeve.

One note of disappointment. I thought for sure that Lain would make an appearance here. It will be interesting to see what he thinks of Edenites. Since he is so odds with the USN government, I think he will view the Edenites more kindly, though one never knows. Still it would be very fitting that if, something in the future, if there is a prison break, Lain helps the Edenites. Still it is too early to tell what his beliefs and actions will be.

Part 5: Space Monsters, two Horny Monarchs, and Frost

So Allister is a space monster? That is funny. It is funny in a very creepy way, but still funny. After that there is not much to right, at least before Frost shows up. I mean, big deal, Cagalli and Athrun are still in love blah, blah, blah.

It seems kind of, convenient is the best word I can come up, that Athrun and Cagalli decided to have heavy sex and shut down Lexi so she can’t detect Frost. Still I see a problem. Frost is an Active, Kira is a Latent, I know that it is a very small difference between the two, but shouldn’t the computer have seen the difference and wouldn’t that raise a flag of warning? I guess the difference is too small to raise a warning, but I would have thought with the level of technology they have they should be able to see the difference and at least be curious about it. Oh well it wouldn’t be very scary if Frost got caught before he could do something.

Speaking of that, I am very curious to see what Frost has planned. I mean, he has too do something to make Orb pay. Wait, I just realized what it might be! I have been wondering what circumstances will lead to Kira joining the Edenites. I think I realize it now. Frost will impersonate Kira and do something against the USN. I am not sure what it will be, but he will disappear, and Cagalli and the others will have to cut Kira lose or lose the chance to gain their precious independence. That is what is going to happen. Maybe Durandel will come down to Orb for some reason or the other and Frost will take aim at him. Yes, that is what happens. Who knows, Frost might kill Durandel. Then Kira will have to flee into New Eden in order to escape wrongful persecution. This is further strengthened by the fact that Durandel basically told us what would happen if anything happened to him at the hands of “Kira”. That is so delicious.

Part 6: Concluding Statements

So things are moving right along. Frost has finally made it to his objective, and now will spend probably ten chapters or so making mischief which Kira will be blamed for. On the Edenite side of things we have learned that Kunai is apart of the Unifying Conclave, probably the leader, and some more of Garden City. Kunai’s remarks on Lacus were also expected, so nothing new was said in that department. One the USN side Durandel is gloating, and drunk on power. He is foolish.

In the reviewer department, since the Meyrin section I have found myself in a dark mood. As such I agree with AtrumUnas. It won’t hurt to get rid of a million or so evil people, especially if they all worked for the USN, FEAR, and the RI. Orange made a statement about Frost being Lilia’s love interest. I have a hard time believing that. I am sure that Frost could impersonate Kira successfully, at least against Earthlings, but surely all those nanites give off a weird scent or feel, and there is no way that Frost can make himself appear like Kira, not unless he a lot more adapt at deception then I give him credit for. I mean how could he hide such madness?

Well great chapter. I can't wait to see what Frost does. I am sure that it will be horrifying, but since I don't really like Kira I will love it.
LordRevanMandaloreofZutara chapter 11 . 7/8/2010
Reclamation War, Chapter 11 Review Part 1

Part 1: Author’s Note and Opening Comments

Anyone who decides to abandon the story just because Lacus was “killed” should have his/her head examined. To all those who are sitting on the fence, LACUS IS NOT THE BE ALL END ALL OF GUNDAM SEED! Is she an important character? Yes (unfortunately). Yet there is so much more to GS/GSD then simply her. This is especially true in Maderfole’s The Golden Age Trilogy. A masterful web of characters and plot has been weaven that makes Lacus by herself look like an insignificant speck. So, to all those on the fence, I want you to cry me a river, build a bridge, get over it, and then come back and join the rest of us reviewers who have been with Maderfole since ED or CC. There is still a lot more ground to be covered until the end, and I for one would love to see Maderfole get over 1,000 reviews for this story. Now, back to talking to you Maderfole. I guess you are right. Funny, I thought the Edenites would be the ones with the really Biotech, but BALORs is Biotech. Oh well, not that big of a deal I guess.

Seems like I was right on Dark Kira, Score! Though I will blame Kira for any angst that he expresses. Why? Because I despise him, and he should suck up his angst and not share it with us. That is part of his punishment for allowing Durandel to rule.

Okay with the Author’s note finished let me make some opening comments. As with most of your chapters I enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the Meyrin part, though not just because of Meyrin. (Actually I did not enjoy it, but it got me fired up, and I mean really fired up) This is the chapter that I have been waiting for ever since it became clear that Meyrin and Noah would be captured. This is the chapter where the evil spirits of the USN, FEAR, and RI are revealed. To me this is the chapter that draws the line in the sand. You can either be on the side of the Edenites, or you can be on the side of the USN. You cannot be neutral in the face of this monstrous evil. You must either declare yourself for or against. I made my choice a long time ago, but I will once again declare so that any newcomer knows where I stand. I, LordRevan, am the reviewer enemy of the USN, FEAR, and Durandel. I am the ally of Yggdrasil, Kunai, Noah, Meyrin, and the Leviathan. With that said, on to the review.

Part 2: Kunai, Hiero, and the War Against Nazi USN

Though to me the true “heart” of this chapter is the Meyrin section, I will review this section first. It seems to me, the longer I am exposed to Hiero, that he is cut from the same mold of Kira and Lacus. Yet although I still am not entirely a hundred percent sure of what my feelings on him are I am still willing to give him a chance. Kira and Lacus were flawed from the very beginning, but Hiero outwardly reminds me of Molotov (I will be first to admit that the similarity is only skin deep though) so perhaps there is still hope for him. I would like to like him, since it is obvious that he cares for the Edenites, and he is trying. Only time will tell.

On the other hand I will give Hiero some credit. He has some BALLS walking (no, stomping) up to Kunai’s office like that. Sure, Latents are more powerful then we initially thought, but still compared to Actives they aren’t as powerful. Yes, being able to see the future is a wonderful gift, but it can’t be controlled consciously, and even if Hiero could use it in a fight, if he can move fast enough to escape Kunai it doesn’t mean anything. If you knew Kunai was about to rip your heart out in a few seconds, what good does that do you if you can’t stop him? So for him to stomp into the belly of the beast, into the office of a man who even the Praetorians won’t challenge either for training or for the leadership of their order, is quite impressive. So perhaps there is hope for you yet, Hiero. If you can purge yourself of your “Lacus Admiration Disorder” then you will be a very fine character.

Moving on. It is nice to hear some Edenite expressions. They seem to be very practical. Also, like Skyfall pointed out, Kunai is doing something different this time in regards to leading the Edenites. Maybe Yggdrasil pointed this out to him, or maybe Kunai just decided this on his own, but the people in charge of a nation always catch the blame for anything that happens, whether it be good or bad. If everything works out, then you can have a beloved leader (like Lincoln, though that particular situation could have gone south so many times it is not funny, shivers) or they could be a hated leader (like Buchanan! Damn his weak willed convictions!). With Kunai as the power behind the scenes, operating in a way similar to Lacus, he can push the blame of misfortunes onto Hiero or whoever else actually “runs” Garden City, while retaining his shine. I also appreciate his honesty. *

•On a side note, I must say you have done an excellent job turning my opinions on Sai around. Perhaps it is simply that I am older and (hopefully) more mature that my opinions have changed on Sai, but I really rather like him right now. I know that it is cruel to sacrifice those thirty so people to the USN’s Maiden (and what a bloodthirsty, ruthless, cruel, and evil Maiden she is), but here is my point. Durandel is just like Hitler. He came up into power at a time of extraordinary crisis (Great Depression/Eden Disaster). Through a series of speeches, force of arms, and judicious legislation, both men attained vast power and control over their respective countries. They then proceeded to build up their militaries while at the same time directing their populace’s hatreds toward a smaller ethic group (Jew/Edenites). As time went on the persecutions increased. Death camps were built and millions died. World War II as we know it could have been avoided if those weak willed politicians and populations of the Allies and the Soviet Union had invaded Germany as soon as Hitler reoccupied the Rhineland instead of appeasing him. But they ignored Churchill’s warning and gave Hitler time to rearm and turn Germany into a deadly war machine.

•In the Edenite’s defense, they are not responsible for allowing Durandel to rise. As I have already pointed in some other reviews, that deed goes to Kira and Lacus, with some credit going to the CF and Orb and I shall not waste more time ranting on their roles. What I will say is that now Kunai and the other Edenites are ready. Seven years have passed, and New Eden has stabilized. True, it is not the perfect world Noah envisioned, but we humans are imperfect beings. We can only try, and the Edenites have done a much better job of building an orderly and just society then the USN has. Is their society perfect? No. The mere fact that you said they require Deathstalker venom to contain criminals is an indication that all is not well. But that does not subtract from what they have achieved. In my opinion, they are more Human then the so called “Humans” of the USN.

•In addition to being ready, the Edenites know that the USN is not their friend. The Humans and probably the Chimeras understand what happened during the Night that was Day. They know that Durandel is taking Edenites and putting them in what can only be called Death Camps. And it does not take a genius to figure out what FEAR is doing in its Death Camps, even if the Edenites cannot sense the pain emanating from their captured brethren. As such Kunai was correct in pushing the envelope now. The casualties are sad, but how many humans have the RI taken since they were formed, and the USN military before them? It was more then thirty-three, I believe I can say that safely. So instead of allowing Durandel to get away with his evil, Kunai and Yggdrasil have begun their plan. Will people get killed? Yes. Will there be pain, suffering, and torture? Yes. But just because some one is just and righteous does not mean they are soft (AKA Nice). There are times when everyone needs to suffer, everyone needs to feel pain, so that the world may be freed of its tyrants, those who would commit evil, and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands. The Children are blind. The Conclave and GreenCo understand what must be done.

Moving on from their conversation, Garden City is certainly impressive. With much of its population underground, they should be better protected against WMD strikes by the USN if the USN ever attacks Garden City directly. Though wouldn’t earthquakes be a problem? Also it is nice to see some big birds. For a while I thought that you had forgotten about them… It is also interesting that you choose Roc as the name of the Neo-Eagle. Harry Turtledove wrote a series called Atlantis in which the Eastern seaboard of North America broke off and the man who would eventually settle it was drawn to the land by tales of the Roc.

Anyway, wrapping up. I see that you couldn’t let go of the name Griffen. Personally I never had any emotional investment in the name of Kira’s Orb Gundam, still it is nice to see that the shuttle that the Edenites use has a name. By the way, when are you going to put Noah and Meyrin’s bio up? Anyway, Lilia seems to be taking out her frustration/anger on this Alexander, who seems to be an Arboreal Praetorian.

One a side note, you have made it a point to mention several times how Human Edenites are inferior when it comes to the Chimera and the Grand Chimera. The question I have, which is less of a question then it is a mere spoken thought, is what will a Neo-Human be to a Chimera, or a Grand Chimera? If Edenites (UCs) are the gateway, then what will the final product be like? You mentioned that Akira and Aoi were nothing special, at least compared to their parents. Yet what will happen if/when they reach their full potential?

Continued in Reclamation War, Chapter 11 Review Part 2
OrangeP47 chapter 11 . 7/8/2010
Before I begin the review proper, as I've been saying "It's good to see Frost again".

Now that that's out of the way, a few points to make. First, I like the part in Garden City. Seems alot more to my liking then I'd thought it would be. Modern buildings and all, not some tree hugging tent city. The mention of a comerical district though got me thinking about that discussion we had awhile back about the USN and capitalism, though I'm hesitant to start debating that right away again.

Moving on, was kind of surprised Meyrin was used for low level experementation, but then again, not really surprised. I swear I've heard that guard's name before, Reno 911 maybe? I have alot of other thoughts on the matter of our first look into FEAR's base, but nothing really outstanding. Maybe a jailbreak a some point would be nice, though.

As for the end, cliffhanger, *rages*. Though I wonder if Frost knows the kids aren't home, or maybe he's going to wait for the sleepover, tricking everyone into thinking Kita's gotten better. Old Frost wouldn't do that, not patient enough. But this Frost... yeah... I'm gonna put my money on that.

Oh, lastly, I noticed some people were discussing who might be Lilia's love interest. I'm going to say Frost. Why, because it would be so out of left field and hilarious at the same time. For a little clarification, Frost would be pretending to be Kita, of course, but still...
AtrumUnas chapter 11 . 7/8/2010
I was thinking "Wow, this is a pretty good chapter." Then "Oh fuck..." This is going to end in disaster.

Anywho, on to the other stuff. You have, once again, made me want to annihilate all humans on the face of the planet because, like before, I know that they are capable of many bad and worse things. Some people just deserve to die, after all. Sure, killing them ALL might be overboard, but I'm sure the planet won't notice a million of so evil people disappearing...

I want to see more of Violet Finch. And I want to see SOMETHING of Roy and Alice. You've made some very in depth and thorough character descriptions and I'm pretty sure we've only just barely scratched the surface. I want to see Mars too... and the Orb Nation Museum with its Gundam collection... And a duel between Eric and Frost... TRICK OR TREAT!

Atrum
The Blizzard Alchemist chapter 11 . 7/8/2010
Out of curiosity, do the chemical signals of Yggdrasil fruit come with instructions or simple images. If it was just images or knowledge, I can see a lot of misinterpretation going on. The person who experiences the fruit would have their own background and plans to filter that information through. If that were the case, someone like Kunai would have no difficulty interpreting a warning and plea for help as a way to exploit someone's emotions for "the greater good"

And it seems that "The greater good" is going to be a theme here, especially for the Edenites. After all, they were created for Noah's "greater good" and to protect themselves from the USN they definitely are going to *need* to get their hands dirty.

I was thinking about the line "It would not be the first time things got lost in translation between tree and man after all." and I'm wondering if you meant a Biblical parallel. After all, eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge has worked out so well for those who live in Eden in the past.
Skyfall v2.0 chapter 11 . 7/8/2010
An intermediary chapter in terms of 'feel', despite we learned a number of new things ... you do know how to leave your audience wanting more, given we all know the powder keg is about to explode any moment now.

I must say that the Garden City is quite a lot bigger than i had expected. 3 million people ... that is more akin to a small country than a city, and being partially subterranean ...well, i am impressed. Interesting to note that Sai/Kunai is not part of the official government structure, i had certainly expected him to be at the top once again (though he may well be influence wise) ... guess he is going with another approach this time, "direct rule" having failed once. Plenty of hints in his speech as well that Lacus might have survived, though i don't really expect a confirmation on this matter up until the very end of the story ... time will tell.

On to Noah and Meryin ... well, the circumstances are pretty much as i imagined, i guess the place is meant to give off the vibe of a Nazi concentration camp with a purpose, just to make it double clear how low on the moral scale upper echelons of USN rank. As satisfying as it would be to get the truths of the place leaked to the public and see Gil & co flayed alive in terms of public support, i doubt there is much chance of that happening, not even remotely soon anyway. Though i do wonder what chances Meyrin and Noah have of escaping there ... without some sort of outside interference, it doesn't look like they are going anywhere, anytime soon.

I wonder what are the chances Kira (Or some Praetorian) comes to bust open the facility once open hostilities break out between USN and Eden ... given the accumulated horrors of that place, it should stand out like a beacon of nightmares on the mental plane, should Edenites get close enough to pick it up, which they would be far less than happy about i would assume.

Speaking of Noah, i guess he was pretty much spot-on with him being alive just so Gil has someone to gloat to, as it doesn't seem he is being forced to work on any scientific projects, and his value as an Edenite sample is non-existent in face of all the fresh samples. Something i am looking towards to coming to bite Gil in the end.

As for the last part ... dun dun duun, Frost is in the house (quite literary). I am suddenly having very bad thoughts on how this might potentially end for Athrun and Cagali ... though i am having my doubts whether you would seriously kill off either at this point, their position is certainly nothing favorable. The Stormhound won't be stopping Frost anytime soon, and neither will be Athrun (who is asleep anyway right now) ... depending on the mood Frost is in, this could end VERY badly ... though given his objective should still be the kids, chances are he is sensible enough to not cause an uproar before time. Either way, this should be exciting, very exciting ... (Though having Lexi being turned off seems like a rather convenient device to have Frost 'undetectable' by the security system for the moment, but ah well ... i wonder if this means that Kira could be capable of turning it "off" locally as well ... with Lexi being disabled at both locations, she wouldn't be able to serve as the foolproof alibi she could otherwise be ...hmmm)

Whatever happens next, it should be a start to something big, can't wait for it!
iixorijuos chapter 10 . 7/7/2010
I don't want to believe that Lacus and the kids are dead.

And how come there is no chimerae or the bird species.
Cyspark01 chapter 10 . 7/4/2010
Wow, Lacus, Akira, and Aoi are dead. I don't believe it.I understand that Lacus is dead, since theres proof with her burnt hand in Kira's arms. Also since Kira's a Latent he can feel the kids presence lightly bot as strong as Lacus but good enough.

1st question, these conditions feel very close to when Sai, Vanai, and the twins died when Frost in the Pulsar took out Denver?

Kira said he may have felt them die but I think when he gave himself that concussion it may have its effect and knocked out his Newtype senses. So until he woke up anything could have happened or the kids could ave been stolen away, like the twins, Matthias and Jessi. he could be jumping to conclusions since hes thinking with grief and revenge right now.

2nd question, how did the rumors of Kira getting dropped off by an unidentified Edinite shuttle reach the USN?

Right other than those involved in the rescue and working at the Mass Driver, who else knew about the shuttle. That leads me to believe there is at least 2 or more USN spies in Orb's ranks. Since I'm completely sure that the Royal Family and Cyrus Finch would keep that closed under wraps. But almost makes you wonder how else would Kira get back to Orb from Thailand seen he knows next to nothing about New Eden other than what Lacus told him. So the potential spies could be someone high in Orb's ranks.

Another thing what's stopping Orb from sending just a simple forensics team to investigate. I mean if the USN was to take the team there I'll bet they get there ahead of everybody and clean up the mess, meaning they have something to hide. Right here, "Of course everyone knew who Lacus Clyne was, either as a pop star, a political leader, a charity organizer or even, to some, a saint, but it wasn't until after she was gone that people truly realized how important she was to them, maybe not in a personal sense, but like a safety blanket or training wheels, a hidden sense of reassurance taken away. Lacus Clyne had, not through personal force of arms but through words, charisma and understanding, pulled the world and the human race back from the brink of genocidal mutual annihilation on multiple occasions, had forged two lasting peace treaties, and was widely considered the most influential woman of the Cosmic Era to date." Why was it that no one demanded that for all of her personal influence if not more than the entireity of Orb, that no one demanded a investigation for The Lacus Clyne. There should be no problems with organizing at all. But for some reason the USN won't let them, hmm...
Raganarok chapter 9 . 7/2/2010
A very, very good chapter always keeps me guesing, A question though, can Latents feel the psychic death echo, I read though it three times and there didn't seem to be any mention of it, I suppose the arm could be a clone, they have brotherhood technology afterall, and a ton of people at least as smart as Noah.

Well at any rate excellent story can't wait to see how it goes.

-Raganarok.
Freedoms WingsX10A chapter 10 . 7/2/2010
I..

Back story first. My girl friend and I, who have a great love of Gundam Seed cosplayed as Lacus and Kira. Since having those private emotions linked with Lacus as a character, just made the last two chapters a very powerful read. I had to actually calm myself down, least the tears that welled up in my eyes threatened to spill over. To make it worse, some ass was having a fire late at night, and I could smell the smoke drifting in my windows. NOT COOL.

I would like to see others reactions. Noah's, Shin's, Luna's and Merin's. Gilbert Durandel has gone to far. Kira is going to rip him to shreds. and I can't wait.
LordRevanMandaloreofZutara chapter 10 . 7/2/2010
I was just wasting time today when I realized that it was almost the Fourth. Then I thought of my own political leanings, and that led me to think of Churchill. The point is that I think you might be able to use some of his speeches in Reclamation War. The one below is the Finest Hour Speech. I am unsure of the level of your familiarity with it besides the famous last line which I am sure everyone has at least heard. So I put the original part, the one I found on Youtube, in first followed by what might appear in the story if you decide to take it. I was thinking that Kunai might give a speech similar to this, or use it and just add on more stuff, when war between the USN and the Edenites heats up. In the translation I took the liberty of inputting names where inappropriate ones are. Personally I love the speech and the man who gave it to him. I am currently looking for some Adolf Hitler speeches, which maybe you can use for Djibril when he is speaking to his hard core RI people, the guys who go down and build the death camps. I haven’t really found a speech that strikes me as epic, so I will keep looking. I just wanted to bring the Finest Hour speech to your attention. Also, happy Fourth of July! And God Bless America! I never get tired of saying that! (Smiles)

PS: Though if it were up to me I would trade a few of our more worthless presidents for Winston Churchill. Like James Buchanan. What a worthless man!

“What General Weygand called the Battle of France is over. I expect that the Battle of Britain is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilization. Upon it depends our own British life, and the long continuity of our institutions and Empire. The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned upon us. Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be free and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands. But if we fail, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the Abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will stay say, this was their finest hour.”

“What {Strategos Minoris} {?} called the Battle of {Borealis, Arboreal Heights, Urbanis, Freeport, etc…} is over. I expect that the Battle of {Garden City} is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of {Eden} civilization. Upon it depends our own {Edenite} life, and the long continuity of our institutions and {culture/beliefs/legacy?}. The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned upon us. {Durandel} knows that he will have to break us in this {city}or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all {of Eden} may be free and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands. But if we fail, then the whole world, including {Orb}, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the Abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if {Garden City} and {Yggdrasil?}last for a thousand years, {beings} will stay say, this was their finest hour.

Sir Winston Churchill is one of the best speakers ever!
Byron12 chapter 10 . 7/2/2010
Poor kira but he's gotta move on from lacus's death and accept that she and the children are gone too bad for frost he can't get what he wants and needs to learn that life is not fair to everybody
Grand Zephyrus chapter 10 . 7/2/2010
Ya I'm thinking about jumping ship. Lacus is one of the characters you just do not kill. And I didn't think I could hate Durandul any more than I already did. He just really needs to die. Him and all his cronies. But I'll stick with it for a few more chapters because there are quite a few ways Lacus could come back.
Asmus chapter 10 . 7/2/2010
So this is what you have planned.

With Lacus and the kids "dead" (yeah, fine enjoy that victory) and Yzak and Katie out of town, you have gotten rid of people who would easily ruin Frost's plans. He might be able to fool a non-psychic, but once someone "scans" his mind, everything falls apart. Now we're going to enjoy a rather unpleasant Halloween.

Even though I and Lord Revan have different views on who we like or not, we have one thing in common. There are times when we seem to think alike. With that Lacus's arm testing part, I was able to come up with two explanations.

Either Sai, just like Lord Revan said, used Green Eden to tweak the DNA to fool the doctors. It still raises a question about the ring. I don't think Sai knew about the ring so this might be a big hole in this theory.

The other possibility is that he really chopped the arm off. That way he wouldn't have to mess with the DNA. Furthermore, with Edenite cloning technology it would be very simple to "repair" Lacus's arm.

You know, here in Latvia we have a saying "Cita acī skabargu redz, pats savā baļķi neredz". A rough translation would be something like this "One can see a splinter in the other's eye, but cannot see a log in his own." I guess it applies to Kira's current situation. When others have problems and experience the "mental downtime" he tries to help them and if they refuse his help, then they're suddenly unreasonable and don't know what they want.

However, when our dear Kira is in trouble, he treats others like crap and says that they're idiots and don't know what they're talking about. It is as if his problems are the most important and most serious ... jerkass. About time he noticed what kind of a hypocrite he is. Either help others and accept help from others, or do nothing at all ... pick one.

Then again, he is an Edenite and he should be sheltered and protected from the hard an nasty world. His conversations with Cyprus and Cagalli really made me laugh. The guy watched, or felt, his wife and kids "burn to death" and he expects others to think he is still able to make rational or objective decisions? Yeah, sure.

As of getting rid of me, good luck. Great people have tried ... all have failed. No one gets rid of me. I get rid of them.
1,398 | « Prev Page 1 .. 74 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 .. Last Next »