Reviews for Home with the Fairies
Colour-chan chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
worth a go right? lol your writing style is lovely to read so i'm sure f anybody could make a go of writing something like this is got to be you! do your best i would love to see how this progresses!
crownedwithstars7 chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
Amazing story so far! This is the only other LOTR story besides "Don't Panic" that I've read that is great at being realistic. I'm intrigued, and can't wait to read more. Please update as soon as possible!
WingsOfFate chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
Oh wow, congrats on taking on the task of making a believable modern-age heroine! It is so hard to find a LotR story going along these lines and yet doesn't have you closing the window in sheer disgust at the character portrayal.

I understand the importance of the disassociation that comes with the first-person perspective: no one refers to themselves by name in their own head after all. I would however like to see someone else's perspective in the up and coming chapters, if only for a name and general appearance for visualisation.

Overall, a brilliant beginning. You've really made me think about where your protagonist could have popped up- wide plains with few trees and a river near a settlement... I'll likely have to read it over to narrow it down as she is travelling on foot and not very quickly. *Whips out map and begins looking*

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this! _ *Alerts the story and shamelessly stalks you... more*
Petshop chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
lol I was just about to suggest the same as Shirriff, and send you over to Don't Panic! If you're lazy, the story number is 1690622.

Have yet to read your chap, but having read Green Dreams, I have no doubt it will be fantastic. Off to read~
Nonimouse chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
I really enjoy realistic girl in middle earth stories and they are so rare. Shall I tell you what else is rare? Glorfindel/OC or even Erestor/OC stories. I admit i'm a sucker for good romance.
Song in the woods chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
liking it so far :)
Katara97 chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
I'm impressed with the realism of her situation so far. Great job! Keep it up!
guest chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
i really like this! You do a great job of keeping the mentality real, I hate when people show up in middle earth and know that that's what happened. Looking forward to an update!
Saurowen chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Awesome! Very well written and I am looking forward to reading more of this. I gotta say, I love the irony of her thoughts. Oh how she has no idea..
Shirriff chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Thank you for writing a logical story. I look forward to reading more.

Some excellent OC in Middle-earth stories which are old enough that you might not have read them:

boz4PM's "Don't Panic!" and its sequel "Okay, Now Panic!" The first several chapters aren't much fun; if you don't enjoy them, just skim until they meet up with whichever son of Elrond it is; the story - and the main character - are much saner after that. The scene in which Penny explains her origin is brilliant.

Radbooks' "In Aragorn's Safekeeping" and its sequel. Two American teens from the early 1950s survive a bus crash (or did they?) and are found by the Fellowship.
specialangel1194 chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
i love this story already;pleascontinue really really really really really really really really really really soon pleasse! thankies!;D
Annika Sky chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
This is a good beginning, and I see a lot of potential in this story. I look forward to reading more.

Keep up the good work! :)
Mareeswan chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Wow, this is really well done :)

I agree fully with your Writer's note. I kind of did that. I wrote my own.

I like you spelling, grammar. If you have naturally good grammar etc..I'm glad you still have a beta. They are great for a second opinion. Your category is not romance, so I take it your character isn't going to become romantically involved?

I'd love to continue reading this! Also, I absolutely love long chapters lol. So I'm glad your putting in the extra effort to add detail etc.

Praise !