Reviews for What Alice Won't Remember
April Dawn Irene chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
I decided I would check out your writing on a whim and here is my first impression of this story:

Sorry if my reaction seems short or blunt, but that is my impression of this story and I just woke up. I'm not usually one to subscribe to the Twilight universe and all it holds dear. I don't often read fanfiction about it, or even think about it at all except with a bit of annoyance whenever somebody else brings it up, even though I did read the books out of curiosity and just to be able to say that I'd read them.

But this... this story blows past the source material and puts Alice in a light where my heart hurts for her. I'm glad she doesn't remember much. I would have loved to read more about her.
bklover08 chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
wow, this was amazing and incredibly intense! Although I was shocked by the stories that Alice holds inside, I felt that you did a very thorough and insightful job describing her inner demons. The format was a good one as well, although now that I think about it, it makes me feel sad that Carlisle has to keep this in his heart! Thanks for sharing this - ;)
chibinovachan chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
I loved it. Thank you for giving Alice the depth that she deserves. I had imagined a similar backstory for her based on what was said in the book actually. I was a little confused at first by the unusual style of your story (that it was dialog between her and Carlisle) but by the end, I caught on and it made more sense. Most importantly, the story was rich and intriguing enough to keep me involved. I was looking for a quick read and wondered if 3,000 would be longer than I cared to read at this time of night, but I was kept engaged and thoroughly enjoyed it. I wish I had some kind of concrit to give but I really don't. All I can say is that was pretty awesome.
xSweetBubbleTeax chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
Wow That's all I can say really ; I'm not so good at reviews or comments, but I really enjoyed this actually. Alice was one of my favorite character's and I have read stories about her life, before she became a vampire but this one has got to be my favorite Nicely done.
lindsey2766 chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Wow. This was great. Alice is one of my favorite characters and I am happy to see her with a much more complex background. Just a note or two to think about. While I liked the over all premise of the story, hypnotizing Alice, having it start out in the question/answer format confused me a little. I wasn't sure what was happening. I figured it was an interview or something. That led me to question why she sounded like a child when answering the questions. Then I got to the end and realized that Carlisle had hypnotized her. *facepalm* It made total sense then. Everything clicked into place and I absolutely loved it. If there were a way to let the reader know she was being hypnotized at the beginning, it might help with any confusion that arises from the format.

While reading Twilight, I always thought that Alice's peppy and materialistic attitude was compensating for something. To see that played out here was great. I always wanted to know why she was in the Sanatarium to begin with. I assumed it was because of her visions, but who would do that to her? I love how you've answered these questions along with why she doesn't remember anything from before she turned. She suppressed it. I seem to remember Carlisle saying it was odd for a vampire to remember nothing of their human life. It would make sense for him to want to find out why she couldn't remember her own.

All in all, I loved it. Wonderful idea! Keep posting!

Reader Adrift chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
"What Alice Won't Remember" is dark and a bit twisted, but thoroughly enjoyable. The interview format is interesting and effective, but I liked it even more when I arrived at the end of this short story. Until then I hadn't really considered just who was asking the questions, perhaps assuming an unknown entity or you as the author. It was a surprise to find that the interview was actually an attempt by Carlisle to hynotize Alice. What a novel idea - both Carlisle's and your own as author.

It makes sense that Alice's visions would include James as well as Jasper and the Cullens. It's somehow reassuring that amidst all of her scary dreams and visions is hope for a future that includes love and family.

As I remember Alice was changed around 1920 and the state of forensics at that time might just allow a family man, a respected member of society to get away with murder, rape, or molestation. For me, your scenario actually seems more plausible as I cannot imagine loving parents institutionalizing their child because she was a bit odd or even if she seemed to be able to predict the future. It was also quite satisfying to think that the biggest villain in this story and the person who most likely provided his alibis met an untimely and hopefully painful end.

Your version of the character Alice lived a short life full of monsters, both human and otherworldly. Her experiences and suffering obviously gave her an appreciation of and joy for her immortal life. She's hardly shallow. Thank you for that!
mudpuddledemon chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
Of course I will! My notes, in order-

The Five Languages of Love - I just saw this mentioned on a blog and added it to my 'to read' list, it's so funny how you never see something and then it's popping up all over!

Wow. That whole first section is quite the revelation. Now I wish I'd already read the damn book.

Wow. Darket, and darker still.

OK! I'm calling quits at the sanitarium general ward and I'm assuming the entrance of James. Sorry. It's awesome, really, really well done. But just too much for me. I can't watch horror movies either, I'm a pansy like that.

I'll be ruminating on that first bit for a while though, I can tell. The yellow porsche makes so much more sense to me now, that she'd need the reassurance after Edward almost offed himself.
Domenique chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Hi there I hope you are well, I read one of your stories a while ago and reviewed on a regular basis, but thing got a bit hectic on my side.

So this is just an interesting one shot, the first of its kind, and very dark and twisted in its own way, but I liked the writing style and the way ou gave Alice a child like feeling, and you did her character well!
BAFan chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Brrr. Creepy. I think that the uncertainty as to just what's going on (is Alice giving an interview ala Anne Rice?) adds even more emphasis to a really disturbing story. Poor Alice.

One question, though: at the end Alice refers to having had a nightmare - but vampires in the Twilight world don't sleep. When did she have this nightmare?
foreveryoung chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
What a lovely story about Alice and her relationships - especially with Carlisle. Thank you for your gifts.
howdy chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
i loved this. it shows how disturbing her past was and even rose would feel like what happened to her(self) was nothing! and how alices dad was ceral killer/rapeist. great. what would happenif the others found out? hmmmm.
marylinevelyn chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Oh wow I really like this. Very disturbing and makes Alice so much more complex, that she's seen things worse than Edward or Bella could ever dream of. It explains why she's so separate. I love the question and answer, like an interview with Alice, and that you don't know how it is that she's telling this.
ronanissexy chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
i love it! freaking fantastic!