Reviews for The Beauty of Freedom
cindylili chapter 3 . 2/4
I love how you make her prep team actual people, instead of the stereotypical Capitolian ;)
cindylili chapter 1 . 2/4
I honestly thought that Cashmere could've been Glimmer, but for some reason they're different...
I really like your take on District One :)
Guest chapter 15 . 12/29/2014
Damn I really like Corvinus, too bad he had to die for Cashmere to win.
Hayley chapter 19 . 11/22/2014
Fabulous! You make me really like Cashmere. Make her a person - something I wouldn't have expected after reading the Hunger games trilogy.
Hayley chapter 14 . 11/21/2014
I was a bit surprised that Cashmere is quite weak - unable to pull herself up on the staircase - for someone who has trained most of their life for this "opportunity" I expected her to train not just with a sword but also strength and stamina - now it seems she hasn't and I am a little disappointed. Not so clever as she seemed to have not worked on that. Locked cage with mutts and forced to work together was a nice touch. And 4 leaving. Can't wait to read the next chapter
Hayley chapter 11 . 11/20/2014
Phew - great arena - not sure how it would play on the capital cameras though all dark and dank and shadowy. Interesting twists and characters. Really enjoying the read.
Hayley chapter 2 . 11/19/2014
Wow - so nice to have a back story for Cashmere. Gives an insight into other districts and that all of them were slaves whether wealthy or poor. And having read mocking Jay, sad to see what she thinks will be an escape is just a different nightmare. Really enjoying this story.
Akela Victoire chapter 19 . 11/8/2014
This story was absolutely amazing! I jusf read through the whole thing and I don't regret it at all!
melliemoo chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
I'm re-reading this ... yay!
Alexandria Forever 21 chapter 19 . 8/16/2014
I cannot believe it's taken me nearly two years to finish reviewing this story, which I love so much. I hope you'll forgive my inconsistency and that this review to the final chapter can make up, at least in part, for the extensive delay. :)

I always did enjoy your little bits about fashion and the details of Cashmere's beautiful dresses. The blue silk dress introduced in the beginning is no exception. ;) Her outfits are a part of what makes Cashmere who she is. All the blues and golds and silvers remind me that she's the regal and glamorous Victor of District One as well as the well-intentioned girl behind the pretense.

"And the award for understatement of the year goes to..."

I feel as if this has become your trademark phrase. I remember reading similar lines in other chapters and stories of yours. It's brilliant, if I'm honest, and it makes me smile whenever I read it.

You conveyed the contrast between pre-Games Cashmere and post-Games Cashmere exceptionally well. She isn't the same arrogant girl who bolted toward the stage at the Reaping ceremony. The Arena certainly changed her, as I'm sure it would anybody who managed to escape with their lives and emerge victorious. Her life after the Sixty-sixth Hunger Games won't be as perfect as she imagined.

Although Gloss only made appearances in two chapters - the first and the final - I feel as if he's been present throughout the entire story. Even when he was absent, you managed to bring so much depth, history, and personality to his character, to the point where I already know so much about him by the time he's re-introduced at the end of the story. It takes a lot of talent to do that, so I simply must commend you for it. ;)

I was very satisfied to see Cashmere tell off her father and sister one final time. If their animosity towards each other was enough to be considered a feud, then I believe Cashmere won the dispute, no questions asked. ;) Satin is so immature in this story, and I loved reading how Cashmere put her in her place. (Though I do grow to love her later on. ;) )

This was the perfect end to the perfect beginning of the perfect trilogy, and it was the story that got me so very interested in all of your other works, which is why it holds a very special place in my heart. I'd call it one of my favorite FanFiction's ever, but that would be an understatement. ;) It's more like one of the best 'books' I've ever read.

P.S. I sent you a PM a while back. You've probably been very busy and haven't gotten around to viewing it, but I'd love if you looked at it and gave me a reply whenever time permits. ;) Thank you so much.
Alexandria Forever 21 chapter 18 . 8/16/2014
So I finally found some free time today and thought you deserved to see me finally finish reviewing the rest of the story. :P

Before I begin, my apologies for taking so long. High school required all of my attention this past year, and since I'm moving to college/uni next week, I've been taking care of schedules, housings, and such, but I'll stop here so I don't bore you with details. :P

I never get tired of reading the exchanges between Cashmere and Falco. The dynamic is just so brilliant, and I love how well they go together. They truly bring out the best in each other. He keeps her grounded and safe, and she seems to nurture the honest and more true side of him, not the face we see on the Capitol televisions.

I find Lace so despicable (but great characterization and writing on your part). It's hard to imagine how anybody could be so smug that someone will soon suffer a fate shared by the likes of Cashmere and Finnick and Johanna. What Lace feels for Cashmere must truly be pure hatred, rather than mere jealousy or animosity.

"'Of course,' interrupts Felix, jokingly pulling me towards him. 'We are meant to be together. Surely you can see that?'"

*sigh* Oh Felix. :P I may still be crushing on your fictional character... Moving on.

"'No, Callista,' I reply as I sit up in bed. 'You may think I'm sitting up and talking to you, but I'm actually still asleep.'"

You've gotta love Cashmere's impeccable sarcasm. ;)
Marbleclaw chapter 7 . 7/20/2014
Hi! Sorry I am not currently logged in at the moment. I have been reading this story from the start, almost around the middle, and I just want to say that you have a wonderful writing style, it appears familiar to even Suzanne Collins herself. Thanks for writing this incredible tale. You truly understand the District One lifestyle and the characters are all very believable!

Thanks for reading this review!
Ibbonray chapter 19 . 7/1/2014
Beautiful, as your works always are. This series was recommended by Oisin55, and as I'd seen it before but never got around to reading it, thought I'd try it out. (By the way, if you ever get the chance to read Oisin55's works, please do- he's fantastic at writing any and all Victors).
Just a note: Cashmere promised her mother a dress from the Capitol the exact colour of Finnick's... was it O.C. costume?... at the beginning of the story. Anyway, I'm thinking that her mother would have thrown a tantrum when presented with less than what she'd originally asked for. (Or maybe I skimmed over the tantrum altogether, I tend to do that sometimes.)
Despite that detail, I read this in a day and it kept me hooked until 4 o'clock in the morning. Given, I should get to bed, and look forward to the rest of this epic... trilogy, is it? (I'm much too tired to double check...)
Shouldn't keep you with my rantings, should I? I'll wrap it up. In a nutshell, you are a marvelous writer and I'm curious to know if you've written anything other than fan fiction (meaning, if you're a member of Fictionpress... or if you, like a few rare members of the Fanfiction community, have actually published a book that is currently residing on a library shelf? ) If you haven't, that's all very well. I suffer from curiosity like a dead cat once did, or rather, Cashmere. ;)
Well done. Once again, you've lived up to my expectations. :)
Flow41 chapter 13 . 6/4/2014
I'm not sure if you still check your reviews but anyway,-
I really love this fanfic I am really exited to see how corvinus dies (and dahlia) and sheen (pretty much all the careers and district 7)
I am really exited to see mutts in this fanfic!
Thanks so much for writing;)
glossmontgomery chapter 19 . 5/3/2014
Wonderful story. You give Cashmere's character so much warmth and depth.