Reviews for Midnight on the Last Perfect Day
Trident Spear chapter 20 . 1/28/2005
Hm. The joy of reading old fanfiction.

Read up to the end and your explanation on the pairing.

I have to agree with the last two reviews except for dropping Matt - you already dropped Ryoko and let me explain that later - but you seem more hot on promoting your dorky ACC than Tenchi.

The story wasn't really realistic, Ryoko can fall for somebody else but it's gonna take a)extreme and I mean extreme conditions that's gonna take a much better writer to write plausibly and the writer would have to do that at a slower pace b) Tenchi outright choosing someone else and Ryoko moving on. No amount of time is going to change Ryoko's mind - considering she's over 5K years anyway. That was rather cliched.

As such, you killed one essential ingredient: Ryoko. Her will and the fight in her are so strong and so much part of her character yet you replaced it with an almost whiny and utterly selfish need not to be loved, but to be loved NOW. Even if Tenchi gets Ryoko back in one of your later stories, who cares? It's not the Ryoko I love anymore. She wouldn't have gone with Matt in the first place.

No, I'm not hostile to Boy Xes. As long as it's done right and not done for the sake of novelty or to punish Tenchi or to pander to reviewers by creating an artificial and Out of Character situation.
Trechi chapter 1 . 8/5/2004
Alot of people are gonna hate me.

You have to be one of the best writers on , one BIG BIG problem, one word, Matt. I know, he's one of the sexiest guys in history,(I'm a boy, I'm not gay) another problem, he LOVES Ryoko, you've gotta admit, who couldn't, but Ryoko is Tenchi's gal, not Matts, not Katsuhitos or Noboyuki's or ones except Tenchi's. Heres some advice, drop Matt and bring out the anime hero, Tenchi!
The Critiquer chapter 20 . 8/4/2003
*Yawn*, another implausible Tenchi story with Ryoko going after another guy. Hey, I admit, it can happen in TU or TIT but you're using the OVA and thus will get extra criticism from me.

Will Ryoko give up on the first guy she fell in love with after 50 years? After having watched him from the cave for 15-16 years? Will she give up on him after just a few years out in the open?

This fic is mediocre in it's entirety and not very convincing but I have to admit I don't feel any enmity toward Matt. Rather, to the fans who write this contrived nonsense and don't even have the decency to stamp it anything other than OVA.

You are doing one of three things:

Keeping Tenchi the same throughout his young age - inprobable in the OVA continuity, the other continuties managed this only through rewriting everything and making the characters two dimensional.

Making Ryoko's love for Tenchi extremely shallow. This speaks more of your inability to comprehend the series than it speaks for the characters.

You get thrills making SI or plain vanilla ACC characters that trump the original. Cute, but that is about it.

I'll go back now and view Tenchi Muyo Ryoohki to forget the bliss of ignorance that the majority of fanfic writers and readers happily daze in.

But, please go ahead and write more stories for me to laugh at, it feels good to read a parody once in a while.
Phayte chapter 1 . 6/27/2003
Hey, I absolutely love this fanfic! It was one of my absolute favorites, seriously. Thanks for the great fic, and you're a good writer, keep up the great work!
Kyasuki Kyiro chapter 1 . 5/17/2003
ah..i like, i like very much, i can tell even thow i've only read the first chapter that this is gonna be very fun to read, already things are heating up!
Some.Random.Person.Here chapter 19 . 8/31/2002
Tenchi should've got Ryoko but oh well. Any way it was a very good story and I can't wait to read your sequels. Good job!
Some.Random.Person.Here chapter 3 . 8/30/2002
Yeah I thought Ryoko was a bit out of character, but the others seemed IC. Hmm it's very good and interesting.
Some.Random.Person.Here chapter 2 . 8/30/2002
Oh how exciting! I'm on the edge of my seat. Well this is just wonderful! I'm glad I found this.
Some.Random.Person.Here chapter 1 . 8/30/2002
I found this fic and I really like it so far.
ccalexandra chapter 19 . 8/27/2002
The story was good. I can't help arguing though. I Dont know if you have seen the japanese series, or if it was altered when it was dubbed or imported. Tenchi loves Ryoko. End of story. He will choose her in the third OVA, in one of the mangas around Japan, he married her, and it explained the story of Nagisa(their daughter) a little better. Then again that wasnt apart of the original manga, it still implies who the author wants Tenchi to be with. The hints are undenyable. Tenchi needs Ryoko. Ryoko needs Tenchi. I dont think your view on Tenchi and Ryoko is very clear. Anyway it was a good story. Any questions e-mail me.
Meiko2000 chapter 1 . 8/3/2002
Where should I start, I think this is an unaverage attempt at a chapter, you really need to work on your spelling as well as other technical errors. "MATT", this character is a very lame attempt at breaking into the chapters, he has way too instances that teeters on homosexuality. For as hot as you described Matt, (and yes, I think Tenchi in general is cute as a char), Matt is just seemingly an arrogant, if not somewhat sassy character. I think with the attitude Matt has, he would be better off as a female character. Almost felt like he was trying to be the male version of Ryoko!

If you are going to write about Tenchi, then I highly suggest you scrap this Matt character, I see it as a lead weight in your writing career.
TaiFighter chapter 20 . 8/3/2002
Ah,nice with your talent for descibing people the bios probably wasn't neccessary,but still to know you're playing some kind of a sequel,would be great to fill the few holes that you Pirate Minagi's opinion...well I have a feeling she didn't read the story very well,espically after seeing her review of chapter I respect her strong opinion about T/R,and I feel she should try to be more open minded when reading stories about other pairings,to say the very for your opinions,I find them very interesting as you take Ryoko's situation and put them to a much more realistic light then a lot of other people are willing of the most appealing thing about your story is how you were able to show Ryoko fall in love with another person and make it look so believable as closing,this is undeniably the best Tenchi story I've ever seeming endless amount of writing skills has prooved without a shadow of a doubt in my mind that you are one of the most talented authors on this site.I am truly looking forward to your future stories,and I wish you the best of luck.

P. the typos,annoying bastards :p.
TaiFighter chapter 19 . 8/3/2002
Ah,very nice thing when just about everything falls into place,a feat I hope to accomplish in my story in the did leave a few things unanswered,but then again you might be following the traditional endings the Tenchi series usually ends with,and of course those have too many questions for for the chapter,It was basically 2 very important conversations where all the characters felt real,and true to their characters.I can't get over the way you do extra commentary from Ses was great too,bit sorry I won't be seeing the little guy to see you left us with a little present before you go,I'll go read that and then finish my thoughts.
TaiFighter chapter 18 . 8/3/2002
Although it wasn't as long as one of your other chapters,it wasn't short either,and it was more then enough for the to mention it's probably longer then most chapters I've seen,including my for the story,the people's POV was very nicely done,espically Matt's and Tenchi' descriptions from Matt's essance,right down to the metting of Ses/Ryo-Ohki was expertly written,as 'll be interesting to see how the next chapter will turn out,espically with Tenchi going back to to the next chapter.
TaiFighter chapter 17 . 7/31/2002
Ah,is the mistress is lady to say,my knowledge of the 1st Tenchi series is...not that 's what I get for relying on TV 's rampage along with the Tenchi and Co Vs Serendus definitely kept me on the edge,once again.I doubt anything will get any easier for the chars,but at least you didn't include a major cliffhanger in this heart can only take so much, great stuff you have here,the way you tell the story really makes it easy to see in my to the next chapter.