Reviews for Absence
That really was one of the saddest stories on this site I've ever read, and I've got to say this hit pretty close to home for me.
Recently I've been going through the same thing as the Straw Hats in your story - dealing with loss, and it made your story seem even more realistic than it already was for me personally, and even though I felt that same pain along with the Straw Hats - especially during Sanji's outburst and Zoro's story-telling to Chopper - it sort of lifted something off my shoulders that I didn't know was weighing me down. So, I want to thank you for not only contributing this amazing work of art in the fandom but for also that small (but big in it's own way) relief you gave me.
I really am very grateful. I'm excited to go and read some of your other works :)
betsybugaboo chapter 14 . 12/22/2015
assumed crazy and is in complete denial of Hawkeye's death, and Hawkeye's body is definitely dead. However, it turns out that Mustang had bound Hawkeye's soul to his body to save her life, but the interference made him a bit nuts. I had hoped that something similar had happened with this fic, and Usopp would be able to come back, especially with the merpeople showing up. However, you fucking crushed that hope and ripped out what feels like any happiness in my body. It took several listen-to's of my favorite songs, my stuffed bunny I've had since I was a baby, an obnoxiously adorable cat video, putting a blanket over my head, and the last two minutes of Neon Genesis Evangelion simply to get to a point where I could stop crying long enough to breathe.

You are an amazing writer, but I will never read this fic again. If I see it on a fic rec list, I will immediately close the webpage. I don't dare read any of your other fics. Christ. I can't believe it. I'm sitting here at 1:46 am during a power outage typing up a review for your fic because I stayed up until one in the morning to finish it and could just now stop crying enough to type up this. Fuck you. Now I'm going to be a heavily exhausted, weepy mess for the next week. I put blame solely on you. Whatthefuckever, at least you can know that when you're burning in hell, you'll be seated next to Joanne Kathleen Rowling, Alice Sebold, glassamilk, and Arakawa Hiromi in the boiling lava pits. Tell them hi for me.

TL;DR: Go fuck yourself.
redluffs chapter 14 . 6/19/2015
[ ugly sobbing] i knew it! I knew i shouldnt have read this but damn! This js agreat fic and would leave you in a crying mess but overall it's well written. So goodjob! :D
redluffs chapter 12 . 6/19/2015
You shoul Harry Potter anashio and you'll know about horcruxes you know! And damn you Usopp why are you making horcruxes now when youre supposed to be alive u lil shit! I thought I wasn't going to cry (bec I wasnt really attached to Usopp as a character) BUT FUKKK I DID CRY I H8 YOU
keriababe2010 chapter 14 . 6/14/2015
This was beautiful, even though a little bittersweet, and I enjoyed it immensely. This is probably one of my favorite One Piece fictions I've read to date. Thank you for writing this gorgeous piece of literature.
ButterPie chapter 14 . 2/10/2014
I know this is coming too late, but I just got into OP recently (Like Nov 2013 or something, though I'm near catching up on things), but this made me cry. Like really sob at the screen cry.
I hadn't meant to read this, because I dislike death fics, but this one was beautifully written. It was well thought out, and makes me appreciate Usopp more..
Guest chapter 14 . 8/28/2013
I seriously cried for like 20 minutes. This is undeniably one of the best fanfictions I have ever read.
mad100141 chapter 14 . 8/20/2013
I got the feeling from chapter two on that it would be a surprise he's alive fic until they met the shaman-guy.

Too true that Luffys reaction wouldn't be as such if it were that Ace had died.

I got goosebumps on the two latter chapters at some moment.
Goosebump definition by Wikipedia: Goose bumps, also called goose flesh, goose pimples, the medical term cutis anserina, are the bumps on a person's skin at the base of body hairs which may involuntarily develop when a person is cold or experiences strong emotions such as fear, nostalgia, pleasure, euphoria, awe, admiration and sexual arousal.[1]

Give my thanks too to Tonko and Wendy for encouraging you on the story. I'm glad they did so.

Elaborate ending if I may say.
Though somehow I got the urge to daydream at moments that Usopp would live because the underworld is way too amused by Luffy's life and path(and all that happened).
sess18 chapter 14 . 3/14/2013
Great story. Crying the whole time.
DV5500 chapter 14 . 2/4/2013
Absolutely, positively one of the best fics I have EVER read.
Honestly, I'm a little shaken. Great work. And thank you for finishing it.
Chromaticist chapter 14 . 12/30/2012
This is the way I want to write. I'm not kidding. There's just something about your writing style, your use of words. This is more beautiful than anything else I can remember reading. Thank you for persevering until the very end. You have all my respect.
Natylol chapter 14 . 12/21/2012
And awesome fic and a sad one too. Just love it
sassyusopptumblr chapter 14 . 9/26/2012
WHY...I...LOVE AND HATE...YOU RIGHT NOW BUT THAT'S A GOOD THING I...THIS IS BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN. THE DREAM PART OH GOD I'M STILL CRYING. YOU ARE A WONDERFUL WRITER AND STUFF ALTHOUGH I AM A MESS RIGHT NOW, HENCE THE SLIGHT HATE.

LOVEs. DIES. CRIES.
Umazes chapter 14 . 9/16/2012
I cried my way through every single chapter of this story ;_;
But it was beautiful. Extremely, heartbreakingly, stirringly beautiful. And I thank you for that.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »