Reviews for Because Love Battles
Born in 20th Century chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
Hey, I haven't even watched Ashes to Ashes before and love this beautiful oneshot :)
pussycatwithattitude chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
This is perfect, words cannot describe it. From their arguments, to Alex's acceptance to admit this all to him and to Gene and his reactions. Beautiful.
Comiskey1411 chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
i wish there was words for how perfect this story is. i loved it, one of the best reads yet 3

a definate job well done!
Jellas chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Absolutely beautiful. You had me both crying and smiling at the last section.
Eleantris chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
Again - wow. Beautiful, just like the others I read, and such a deep insight into the reasons Alex does a lot of the things she does. Have you studied psychology? Because it just feels like you have, what with the sensitivity that you write things and so on. This was absolutely amazing, and my mouth actually fell open a little way whilst reading it!

X D
theHuntgoeson chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
This is shatteringly good. You bring out how the pain and frustration of the job takes its toll on both of them, and how they take it out on each other. Your writing crackles with their pain. Alex's long series of 'reveals' of her imperfections brings out her vulnerability, and his too. And that ending is perfect.
stardustinthesky chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Your fic made me cry like a baby. It's just... To mirror the last line of this fic (because that's exactly what I'm looking for to express how awesome it was): this is absolutely bloody flawless.
morethanjust-a-fairytale chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
omg you could so make this a 2 shot! i love your style of writing, i find it really hard to write in presesnt tense (: xx great fic, could be carried on though x
catweasel chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
This is fantastic! I love that Alex and Gene can live on in some way and your writing is so spot on it captures the characters so well. I was lost when S3 ended, I felt that Galex and the rest of the team had so much more potential to give. With your writing there is hope of that! You have captured Gene's bullish charm so accurately I especially love the comment "Praise the Lord, she speaks!", perfect! Please, please keep writing...!
Malena Hunt chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
This is wonderful. Just resonates so much with me as a woman and as an Alex fan. Great insight into her psyche. Hope to read more from you. :)
Gem6 chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
What an absolutely beautiful ending!

Gem x
Siggy chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Another fantastically written story - great phrasing and elegantly written while still getting to the heart of the matter.
dreamgenie chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
I have read this a few times now and its just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
grrarrg0908 chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
That was fantastic, Alex's demonstration of her 'flaws' was heartbreaking.
funk2funky chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Beautiful! I really loved this, you wrote it brilliantly; the angst was describe just right, not over the top but enouigh that the reader can understand Alex's fury; and I love how you wrote Gene, I genuinely felt his awkwardness and it was great. Definitely a favourite fic!