Reviews for Monkey
katiesparks chapter 3 . 6/23/2010
Please excuse my lateness in reviewing, my computer has viruses and I'm having to run in Safe Mode, very troublesome, I can barely see the screen. Either way, I love the fact the Sideswipe did manage to tell Optimus. Still, I think if Optimus talks to Sunstreaker, he's only going to be tricked by the charm Sideswipe has already said he possesses. Of course, it seems as though he won't get the opportunity, since Sunstreaker escaped, but I could be wrong. Who knows? Except, well, you of course. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Jovianokami chapter 3 . 6/23/2010
Well now who didn't see that coming, eh Sides? Figure Prime would give a seconded chance to everyone even a sociopath. Feh, Prime going to reget this move of his. Sides should know he the only one that can stop Sunstreaker.
Elita One chapter 3 . 6/22/2010
uhh ohh hes probably gone after blue again
reaper mendez chapter 3 . 6/22/2010
Great chapter!

*Is patiently waiting for the next one*
Carmilla DeWinter chapter 3 . 6/22/2010
You are evil.

Hrrm. I didn't think this fic could be milked for that much plot, but you managed, and now I'm hooked.
starfire201 chapter 3 . 6/22/2010
Oops, meant "Sideswipe's words", not Sunstreaker's.
Starfire201 chapter 3 . 6/22/2010
You, my friend, know how to pull off a cliffhanger. Something tells me that Optimus is going to be realizing just how much truth there is to Sunstreaker's words very, very soon.
Shadowwriter01 chapter 3 . 6/22/2010
Sideswipes confession is made very good. Optimus reaction to their nature and the procedure itself too.

What was Sideswipes/Substreakers name before the split anyway?
fluting-through-life chapter 2 . 6/17/2010
Absolutely and utterly fascinating with a healthy dose of creepiness and insanity that has me all sorts of interested.

Wish I could say more, but it's all been said already, so I think I'll just kick back and wait for more. :)
antepathy chapter 2 . 6/11/2010
I flailed about this on LJ, but what the hell, I'll flail about it here, too! _

What a wonderful re-vision of the Lambos! Sunstreaker's canon psychopathy is beautifully worked into this incredibly rich, complex world. The diction is lush and beautiful and very Romantic/gothic horror. Sideswipe's conundrum is completely gripping. It caused an interesting reading experience-part of me wanted to linger on the beautiful prosody, but another part of me wanted to KNOW what happened so badly I wanted to tear through it. SO I compromised and read it twice. :P

Needless to say, like everyone else, I'm dying to know what happens next!
katiesparks chapter 2 . 6/9/2010
*whimpers* Bluestreak? Now that's just cruel, you did that on purpose didn't you? Very scary chapter, you seem very intimate with the idea of a sociopath. This has gotten to the point of "Oh-a-bloody-car-crash-let's-stare" kind of painful. I want to look away. But I can't. The abyss is too busy staring back at me.
Shadowwriter01 chapter 2 . 6/8/2010
I love your development with Sunstreaker and Prowl.

When Sunstreaker had lost the ability for calculation and planning, it makes sense for him to get a fixation on the robot who has them more than any other Autobot.

I especially like the lines where he tells Sideswipe that Prowl is logically and so will admit that he is right.

You can really tell his desire to bend him to his will and confirmation for his own ego and possible jealousy at someone who has what he lacks now.

You are right that the idea of breaking a character in two is nothing new. I however never though about using something like that about Sunstreaker and Sideswipe.

Having a Transformer with multiple bodies is not new either (Reflector)

But I think your approach on it is quite unique.

The idea may be based on Kirk*2, but there are still many differences.

Sunstreaker/Sideswipe for example started out evil (in opposite to Kirk).

That split them was an attempt to manipulate their spark to "turn them good", that is quite new for me as a idea.

They have to hide their past from their comrades.

In opposite to other stories, they can not and should not be reconnected. They had been worse then than now.

You are completely right with your fanon and canon comments.

The characters in the fanon are for the most part mixed up from cartoon, comics, tech specs and bios (from that often different versions exist) and various fan theories. Different medias that often even contradict each other.

And then are people coming and saying that only one interpration of the charcter is possible.
yoong chapter 2 . 6/8/2010
Your story gives me a creepy, hair-raising horror. You scared me quite nicely, great job. *thumbs up*

Sunny and Sides practically came from one person, that reminded me of Jekyll&Hyde, and I have an ominous feel that the ending in next chapter may be just as tragic as that.
Okami-chan chapter 2 . 6/8/2010
So *this* is that fic you were talking about over a year ago? I'm glad to see you finally posted it! You have indeed taken it off in a different direction. I've never seen an origin story quite like this onefor these two.

...can I laugh at Sunny's interest in Prowl?
techiyona chapter 2 . 6/7/2010
Argh, the plot bunnies are breeding :P Really wanna see a sociopathic!Prowl now!

You've reminded me of how rare sociopathic!Sunstreaker is in fanart as well. I think I've seen 3 pics total that were done showing his dark side.
67 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »