Reviews for Summer of '97
Vento-del-Sud chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
Poignant, funny, utterly real and amazingly artistic. A sunny day without a sign of inevitable drama that would unfold later.
Hamilton chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
Enjoyed that very much
Lady Phoenix Fire Rose chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
Aww, this was so sweet. Though the ending is sad... I have to say, I am really liking your Colon as well. It's making his death all the sadder.
lovemya2000 chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
Lily Evans Potter Black Lupin chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
oh my god... it's been a while since I mourned all the deaths in the HP series... and this story has made it all so fresh...
Lokken.8 chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
Brilliant!
MrRobertsIII chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Very sweet
Tamira chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
This was really beautiful. Somebody recommended it to me because i mentioned I liked Colin and I was not disappointed reading it. You created a interesting character in Fenella and flashed out the personality of Colin in a really believable way. - I am slightly surprised about the camera club existing, but I guess in a school as big as Hogwarts there are a lot of different clubs.
I liked to hear your ideas about how Colin used his talents to help other muggle-borns. It was clever and refreshing!
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Sad but brilliant, well written and well thought out.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Awwww, I love Colin!
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
This was lovely. Colin was the perfect foil to Fenella's uptightness. Despite his lack of inches, Colin is supremely self-confident and totally sure of his beliefs and his loyalties. I wonder how Mr Gray felt about the goings-on in the Muggleborn Registration Commission; he obviously doesn't believe in a pure-bred superior society because the first thing he did was try to protect members of his family. At least Fenella did her share of helping the cause, or more specifically helping Colin.

It is so sad that Colin died in the battle; he would have been a great Auror. I just knew his Glamour shot would be of Fenella. The 'Grass' shot sounded wonderful too. This whole area of England sounds absolutely beautiful.

Please don't feel you have to anser every review. I am working my way through all your stories, even stories with characters I have never bothered with before because your writing just sucks me in.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Lesley
BKL8008 chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Tried to review this on Gluttony, now I know why I'm pretty giving up on this site. It just won't work. Anyway, so here it is:

I had a hard time getting into this at the start, I admit, but I am glad that I did. This is a take on Colin that I would never have thought of. There is so little of him in canon, however, that one can do just about anything with him. Other than downplay his loyalty, though. That much is pretty much set. You've done that so well here that I have no words for how this ended. It was beyond moving. Excellent capture of the pain of a teenage "what could have been and wasn't" moment.
AurorWombat chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
I really like your character Fenella. She’s a nicely well-rounded and interesting character – something most OCs doesn’t manage to archive. I think you do a really great job of getting into the head of this insecure, teenage-girl, too.

I also like that you made her an (almost?) unbiased pureblood-Slytherin. Not all Slytherins or purebloods are muggle-haters (even if they aren’t “on the good site”, either). Way too often, the Slytherin House comes off as only existing of unsympathetic and prejudiced people. Saying “all Slytherins are muggle-haters” is just as bad as saying “all mudbloods are scum”. I doesn't matter who's prejudiced against who - it's bad either way.

Colin’s also great – you managed to make him more than just “the-boy-who-constantly-followed-Harry”. This makes it even sadder that he died. :-(

Colin and Fanella? They aren’t the most well-matched couple... in heights, anyway. But they share the same passion of photography, and really, that should be more important, shouldn’t it? But I liked the end with Fenella and Terry Boot, too.

It was certainly interesting to see the wartime from someone other than Harry’s POV, someone who’s not nearly as involved, as he is – but who is still very much living with the impact. War affects everyone, not just the leading forces!

Really great story, very well-written and good characterisations!
Oriondruid chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Just got round to reading this story properly, I'd forgotten I'd only skimmed it before. As always it was a really good read. It was so nice to see Colin being featured as a living person, as very few other good fan fiction stories feature him as anything other than a victim.

I love Fenella as a character. Oddly enough I know someone very like her, physically and in attitude in real life and weirdly enough, although it's an unusual name, she is called Fenella too! Although she lives much further southwest, in Bristol, so I doubt you based your character on her. :o)

Keep up the excellent work. Looking forward to more A&S as and when the chapter re-write is done and I'm enjoying Unspeakable and various of the other ongoing stories.

Many Blessings.

Oriondruid (John).
aalens chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
So good to see Colin in a fic. For some reason few fanfic authors write about him - a great shame as he is one of the best drawn characters in canon, and such a sweetie too.

BTW 'stationery', (paper etc) was spelled as 'stationary'(not moving).