Reviews for Summer of '97
aridnie chapter 1 . 12/12/2016
Okay first off, I think this might be the first time I've cried reading a fanfic that wasn't at like 4am in the morning. How brilliant this was.
Secondly, I love how fleshed out Colin is in your universe. He was one of my favourite characters in the HP books. He's every Potterhead if they got the chance to be part of the books. His death was perhaps the most tragic to me because he somehow represented a true death of innocence. I don't know, you've just opened up all my Colin-feels I didn't remember I had.
Thirdly, you named Fennella's muggle-Aunt Ariadne and that's my name and I freak every time I see my name in print to be honest!
Lastly, I go to school in Durham and I can't believe after ages of reading your stories I never realised you're from Northumbria (you'd think I'd have figured it out) but I love Barnard Castle and I've done dozen of trips in the spring because it's so pretty.
Anyway, beautiful story as per usual xx
CedarBones chapter 1 . 8/5/2016
In a word, beautiful.
Teneombre chapter 1 . 8/28/2015
Full of sadness and sweet beauty. strange but powerfull mix; thanks for it.
BeckNiece chapter 1 . 7/7/2015
This one is special. It is nice to see this side of Terry and Fenella.
Vento-del-Sud chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
Poignant, funny, utterly real and amazingly artistic. A sunny day without a sign of inevitable drama that would unfold later.
Hamilton chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
Enjoyed that very much
Lady Phoenix Fire Rose chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
Aww, this was so sweet. Though the ending is sad... I have to say, I am really liking your Colon as well. It's making his death all the sadder.
lovemya2000 chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
Lily Evans Potter Black Lupin chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
oh my god... it's been a while since I mourned all the deaths in the HP series... and this story has made it all so fresh...
Lokken.8 chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
Brilliant!
MrRobertsIII chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Very sweet
Tamira chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
This was really beautiful. Somebody recommended it to me because i mentioned I liked Colin and I was not disappointed reading it. You created a interesting character in Fenella and flashed out the personality of Colin in a really believable way. - I am slightly surprised about the camera club existing, but I guess in a school as big as Hogwarts there are a lot of different clubs.
I liked to hear your ideas about how Colin used his talents to help other muggle-borns. It was clever and refreshing!
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Sad but brilliant, well written and well thought out.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Awwww, I love Colin!
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
This was lovely. Colin was the perfect foil to Fenella's uptightness. Despite his lack of inches, Colin is supremely self-confident and totally sure of his beliefs and his loyalties. I wonder how Mr Gray felt about the goings-on in the Muggleborn Registration Commission; he obviously doesn't believe in a pure-bred superior society because the first thing he did was try to protect members of his family. At least Fenella did her share of helping the cause, or more specifically helping Colin.

It is so sad that Colin died in the battle; he would have been a great Auror. I just knew his Glamour shot would be of Fenella. The 'Grass' shot sounded wonderful too. This whole area of England sounds absolutely beautiful.

Please don't feel you have to anser every review. I am working my way through all your stories, even stories with characters I have never bothered with before because your writing just sucks me in.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Lesley