Reviews for Neku's Cat
Akabari chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
How beautiful. THIS- THIS IS A MASTERPIECE. I wish I could write something as beautiful as this! At first I thought it'd be something cutesy, Neku having a cute pet and cute relationship, but- but- THIS LITTLE PIECE OF LITERATURE JUST STAB ME RIGHT IN THE HEART! Freak! I almost wondered myself why do I cry?!

It just felt real, maybe somewhere I've also felt the experience, like that. You met someone, which you befriend with, then you somehow left, go away, and YOU LEFT YOUR FRIEND WAITING, AND BY THE END YOU FORGOT ABOUT HER, then by you realize it's too late, she's gone already and moved on.

(I'm sorry)
Over the Starry Horizon chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Hey Kipper, can you hear that? 'Hear what?' you ask. Oh, I don't know... Maybe THE SOUND OF MY POOR LITTLE HEART BREAKING INTO TWO?

So, freaking, emotional. Touching - in the non-sexual way. Beautifully written, as well. I literally feel his pain. And her pain. AND PAIN. ALL MY CREYS~

Next time you write something like this, reward your readers with a box of freaking tissues. And a fluffy cat.

You just got yourself a new stalker, Kipper. C:
PONPONPON chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Wha-

This piece of artwork has so few reviews!

I must tell you though, how absolutely magnificent and- just overall perfection this is. When you were describing Jeanne, I read it over and over again because-

well it was just that good

I'm getting all embarrassed now because I read this a year ago. I thought it was too good for me to review. I sort of... forgot about it (Kinda like Neku forgetting Jeanne). But I'm back, and I'll try to finish reading your multi-chapter story!

If you ever write a book, I'll definitely buy it!
truthlieslovestars chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
D:
Gunpowder and Tea chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Truth be told, back in September when the first time I saw this story, I thought it was crack.

Perhaps it was the innocent bedtime story feel my voice read the summary in or that my only impressions of you then were from Shiki's Dream and the electric barbed anti-daisy TNT-wiring around Joshua Trips. Or perhaps I was just being a brainless fangirl. My money is on the latter. But granted, from the summary I was expecting something cute, spontaneous, and wittily nonsensical-cheesecake that mirrored the randomness and audacity of Neku having a cat.

I was not expecting to have a tearfest all over my pink pony plushie. BAWWWWWWWW

The entire portrayal of Neku and Jeanne's relationship was depicted very well. There are also a few lines that especially memorable to me. I enjoyed the sudden BAM effect of Neku's death was because it really set the mood of the rest of the story. And because I have weird selective vision for random details, I also thought the "remedial effect" of being shot while being dead was intriguing yet oh-so true and I went -nodnod- to that. THOSE POOR ANTS. They must have been frightened and offended by Neku's yelling. OH WAIT now that I think about it - was it that Neku gave a very MANLY HOLLER at the unexpected invasion in his precious socks? XD(For some reason I had envisioned Neku flaring his nostrils and jabbing a finger toward the door while being all, "GET OUT" and the ants start sulking. Lol.)

But gawd, THE ENDING. The gaze exchange Josh and Neku had... I could just /feel/ the mixed emotion and reaction behind them both. I really love how Neku implies that yes, Jeanne the classy cat, is indeed his because of the female pronoun usage. And I secretly hope that Joshua realizes this too and treats said feline like royalty with Breyer's Extra Creamy Vanilla ice cream and Damn Skippy peanut butter.

...BAWWWWW that was so melancholiciously cute. *weeps*
darlingbuttercup chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
XDD MMMMRRRMMMNNNNGGGHHH, AY'M IN PAAHARADAYSEEE. I would probably burst into Joshua giggles if I had heard that. ...Then Neku would slap me too. XD I LOVE NEKU AND JOSHUA!
The Light's Refrain chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
This was sweet but sad. It shows how easily bonds can form without much thought, and how easily those same bonds can dissolve away. Nicely done.

As a side note - fix the summary. I read it expecting something funny, so it's misleading.
aestheticisms chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
OHMYGAWD. "And then, Neku died." I was so sad and you know, going alonng with the story's mood and then you throw that line in. LOL.
...Okay, I'm good now. Phew. Anyways, I liked this story very much. Poor kitty-kat.
-RV
Ryuuki chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
Aww that was cute...but kinda sad too :-( I really like your writing style! Oh and your endnotes were awesome :-P
Vreen chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Jeanne reminds me of Travis's cat from No More Heroes. Sad but cute.

I totally follow the growing race idea. It's so true.
Lost Legendaerie chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Kip, Kip, you're brilliant. And I awww'd. The relationship you created, and described, was wonderfully done and totally believeable. Neku wouldnt't have a pet in any other way, so... yes.

(Bet he doesn't just leave his window open now, in fear of stalkers. Then again, the greatest threats are the ones who has bypass all locks. ((Josh and Sho)) Meow.)

And the little discourse at the end just... cracked me up. As a huge Monty Python fan, shubbery reference was icing on the cake.

"Gorwing contest."

Ah ha ha... you enjoy things so differently when you're a lech. -beams-
Peppurrmint chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
...

EPIC. 8D

I love kitties - and this story was so damn heartbreaking... I really loved the way the story was told, and for some reason, yes, I can imagine Neku having a kittycat named Jeanne. *pats*

My cat adores vanilla ice cream as well, although he wrinkles his nose at chocolate.

*laughs at endnotes* That... is so very un-dignified of Joshua. And yet very, very him. XD

I agree with you - Joshuatree (*laughs*), of course, would win the growing race, whereapon Nekutree would decide to fall and squash the Joshuatree just because. And then Beatree or Rhymetree would attempt to grow under them to help them both up, while Shikitree stood by and flailed. XD

*looks at massive review*

Ech. I'm bored.

...

I should go write. In a story. Instead of spamming someone's story with this elephanite review.