Reviews for Sidelines
ramasioti100 chapter 12 . 8/6/2014
Man, this is so awesome. You really know how to fill the gaps in between. Even how to put Gina's discovery to use. I so love this!
everyday-deeds chapter 12 . 5/26/2014
This was incredible. I loved all these snapshots of the different sides of the world and the look at how it changed through the years. Barney in particular was amazing- my heart hurt reading his last chapter. You guys both did an amazing job with the story, especially in terms of capturing the turmoil and the chaos and how what happened would isolate people rather than necessarily bring them together. Definitely putting this one on the favorites.
Rainy Meadows chapter 7 . 1/4/2014
Those are some of the best mental images I've ever had. Just picturing Gordon riding a Gargantua...
Rainy Meadows chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
Oh damn, shit's going down!
Afalstein chapter 12 . 10/2/2012
Haven't seen many one-shots from Breen's point of view. A little disappointed in the last chapter being about Victor-who, though fun, was always a bit of a side character. But then, this chapter does show how Breen was focused on Freeman, how he had a particular fear of him, almost, and had a special agent made to take him down. And the interaction between Breen and his slightly scornful Elite is good... it hints almost at ordinary life inside the Combine world.

Good series of one-shots. I enjoyed them.
Afalstein chapter 11 . 10/2/2012
Seems doubtful that, so long after the suppression fields had been put up, there would still be very many "young" people left. Though I guess an eighteen year old would still be plenty young to Kleiner. His helplessness and naivete in this section is excellent, as is his constant devotion to science. And I like how you finally brought back Collette's section, I was wondering about the point of all that.
Afalstein chapter 10 . 10/2/2012
Ah. So THAT'S who EF73 is. Honestly I was expecting something a bit more heinous, but this is the sort of thing that would eat up Barney-or really any honest person-terribly badly.

Also, I like your continual references to Barney. In a lot of ways, I feel he's an underappreciated hero... he kept the Resistance alive while Gordon was gone. I suppose that that also means he's at least gotten a break from all the action-he hasn't been fighting for nearly a week straight-but still. Rough on the guy, and he deserves more credit.
Afalstein chapter 7 . 10/2/2012
In this chapter, I'm more interested in how Eli apparently doesn't know about Gordon's fate. It seems as though G-man might have said something. But then, there would be no need to, and keeping Eli in the dark enables him to have a more detached view on all the crazy legends that are springing up.
Afalstein chapter 6 . 10/2/2012
A lot of stuff here from "Shepherd's Epic," though it's also interesting to see the explanation you have for your super-soldier Victor. I'm a little puzzled at how high up Aldrich seems to be in the heirarchy, as well as him completely failing to destroy the facility.
Afalstein chapter 5 . 10/2/2012
So you have the Citadel's just automatically teleported to the world? That's a twist. I always pictured them being built by Stalkers or human slaves over a period of time. I suppose the teleportation is more dramatic, but honestly it seems a lot to get through all at once.
Afalstein chapter 4 . 10/2/2012
Honestly I would have thought the Combine would already be in control of Earth by the end of eight weeks. I guess it never said HOW long after the Black Mesa Incident the Seven Hour War occurred, but they were already sending soldiers through a few days after the portal opened.
Afalstein chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
Heh. "One of the Greatest minds of his generation." Nice touch. Also an interesting take on the "first days" when everyone was trying to get a handle on what was happening.
Nora chapter 4 . 1/5/2012
Absolutely ingenious. You write incrediably well.
AetherWolf167 chapter 12 . 10/22/2011
Very good stories.

Even though it was a darker chapter, I couldn't help but laugh at the Concerned reference in chapter 11.
Guy whose to fly for a shy guy chapter 11 . 9/4/2011
Just pointing out, Headcrabs have eyes-6 i believe. under their Front Legs. Thats why they walk like that. Antlions are the blind ones.

Check the overwiki