Reviews for A New Chance
Now I wonder if Raditz managed to start some shit already or not
you killed it when Goku says to Bardock, that wow he didn't stood a chance. Gods. It's so good. I wonder how would Raditz 'cope' with the revelations.
Lucillia chapter 9 . 8/19
Yay! An update! I love this story, and hope that there'll be more of it someday soon.
Karakaigara chapter 9 . 8/19
I have waited so long for this! And I was not disappointed! Now I'll just have to wait 4 more years for the next chapter lmao
Saiyaness Of Destruction chapter 3 . 7/17
Beautiful, incredibly interesting and awesome! I love your work and keep up the saiyan spirit!
come on write chapter 9
darkfalkon chapter 8 . 10/31/2016
hey, really interesting story
ViolaTheGlaceon chapter 8 . 6/19/2016
Please please please please update~~~~~
TheSkyBreakerV1 chapter 8 . 3/28/2015
Nice! When's the next chapter coming up?
Guest chapter 8 . 9/22/2014
wow that was great
Mr Worldwide chapter 8 . 9/21/2014
awesome! i hope that the next chapter wouldn't take you long to write
Tie-dyed Trickster chapter 7 . 8/1/2014
This is really good, I look forward to reading more. And, if you hadn't mentioned it, I would never have guessed that English wasn't your first language - you're better at writing in it than many native-born English-speakers I know. I find it very impressive how annoying or sympathetic Bardock and Raditz seem, depending on whose point of view it is. When Bardock's in focus, Raditz seems very tiresome, but when Raditz is in focus, Bardock is too frustrating for words. It's very impressive, being able to so clearly portray the positive and negative points of each character, and to switch between which set you're focusing on so neatly! This is a really fun story, and I hope we get chapter 8 without having to wait four years for it. ;)
Ameban chapter 7 . 7/19/2014
Okay. I started to read this after finding out certain fanart apparentely based on that story on DeviantArt. So here I'm.
I find the plot is interesting because the events of their resurrection, hell's description and the storyline placed on Yadrath instead Earth, which is nice for a change... However, even if I also like Bardock and Raditz both, they both get my nerves on this story, mostly Raditz, because here, they're portrayed quite incongruously, expecially if I talk about Raditz, who basically is acting like a retarded moron.
I'm used to see Nappa in such place, saddly. Yeah, the guy wasn't the smart thing around, but he was blidly loyal to Vegeta all the time, even if he *cared* (in Saiyan way) for his tean-mates (he was about to bring back Raditz, but Vegeta stoped him, for example) Therefore, the events that involve his dead would be the ultimate treason for him. Hence he doesn't deserve being bashed.

In the anime is stated that Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz knew Freezer blowed up their homeplanet... but what else they could do except obeying the tyran? Vegeta at least had a chance to overcome Freezer someday, but Raditz only could follow orders and try to survive under any circunstance, which would turn him into a sly dog if he didn't want to be a death ass. Even if in your story Raditz didn't know this before his dead... He basically owes nothing to Freezer army and activites after that, so there is no reason to act like that all the time, besides that fact if almost throwing himself into the worst scenarios because here, he does not think, basically. Which is totally the opposite to somebody that had learned what happened and tried to survive being a weakling for so many years.
Besides, why would want Raditz take revenge over his bro (only)? It was Piccolo who actually killed him.
And Bardock? He may be more cautious, and he may know about Kakarot's destiny, but instead of telling others about this (at least, his tean mates) and his older son, even teaching him, he just keep insulting him again and again, explaining nothing. So, under such circunstances, I can see why Raditz doesn't understand what's wrong with everything.

So yes, your story has an interesting plot and portraying of DBall universe (I cannot juzgue the writting bc I'm not English native, either)... But the character portraying has strong flaws.

My two cents.
Guest chapter 7 . 7/4/2014
next chapter please
Karakaigara chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
I can't wait to see Raditz' reaction when he wakes up. HIS FATHER TOOK THE SCOUTER TOO! Poor hairball XDDD