Reviews for Child's Play
ArcaneMaverick chapter 3 . 8/17/2014
What the fuck is happening?
Fireminer chapter 56 . 6/28/2013
This had been one heck of a ride. Never before seen such a magnificent AU fic like this. The story had gained its right to stand between the best Megaman Fanfictions.
ChaoCream chapter 56 . 2/18/2011
It took me forever to read this, but I'm glad I did. I love this story. All of the things that happened had me a bit confused, but it all fit together pretty well. I understand that this is an alternate universe to the real Megaman series and as such, things are different. Things made me a bit confused along the way, as I said before, but that may be due to me reading too fast (I kind of have a tendency to do that...). The only problem I have is that I can't figure out what happened to Copy X. He seemed to disappear after awhile. Otherwise, this is a beautiful story and I will be keeping this in my favorites, along with the Maverick X Files. A very good job, and I would hope to see a sequel if you ever want to make one. .
Jadeite Meteoros chapter 56 . 12/21/2010
Hmmm, well, this will be my last review, I suppose. Then, you are free from my words. :)

I believe my main problem is this- the only way I can describe this story accurately is "things happen." I cannot say "it's good," "it's bad," "it's depressing," "it's heartwarming," "it's suspenseful," all I can say is "things happen." For such a high word count, it seems to me you have actually very little to say. You have some good ideas- in fact, you have many good ideas. However, and I am sure you, as an author, know ideas do not create a good story on their own, and must be expanded and built upon to create a well-written piece of literature. Few descriptions and little or unbelievable characterization are two of the biggest faults in this story. What became of Omega and his thralls? Where did the maverick virus come from? What became of Gate and his 'children' anyway? What happened to Copy-X/Xenith and the Shadow Palace? Those are only a few of the questions I had by the end. Many of the characterizations were not believable either, and, while I enjoy seeing differing opinions on the same subjects, there are parameters you ought to keep the characters' personalities in. Roll and Zero seem to suffer from this fault the most, although X and Rock do as well to some extent. This is the second biggest problem in the story. Very rarely do the characters react appropriately to the conflicts the story presents, when they react at all. A "possible" sequel does not excuse this, nor does it excuse the amount of unresolved conflicts. It simply needed to be considered more carefully than it was.

In conclusion, while this did give me some new insights, it felt like the ties to Mega Man were loose and was more of an original story with Mega Man characters inserted by the end. There is simply a lack of focus and themes in the second arc, and it creates more far questions than it attempts to answer. While I will freely admit I am a visual artist and not an author, it is apparent to me when someone ceases to care about the work they do. It is "average" overall, and while I would recommend this to some Mega Man fans with copious amounts of free time on their hands, I would inform them to concentrate on the first arc as it arguably the section which works the best.

As I said previously, you have some creative ideas- what you need to do is focus that creativity. Although I feel as though I do not need to say this, as your other stories seem much more focused and well-written. Good luck with your future stories, and have a satisfactory day, little miss. :)

JR
Prismatic Color chapter 56 . 12/20/2010
Aww, it's over already? The only fanfiction I know that has both an interesting plot and frequently consistent updates? Drat.

Oh well, this was a great story, and I'm sad to see it end. A sequel? *hopeful look*

On a side note: Wow, you really like to kill off your characters...
Nicharveechu chapter 55 . 12/20/2010
Holy crap. No, really, this is obscene. I am truly angry. You've ended the story with a sequel hook that leaves me almost ACHING for more.

Having been a fan of your stories way way back on the BnG forums, I found you again by way of TV Tropes FanFic Recs and then settled in to read up. Aside from you seeming to post a dozen chapters at once (Maybe I'm just slow to notice updates though) I've got to say that I'm thoroughly impressed. It's impressive when a story manages to not only match itself when under the Nostalgia Filter, but exceed the expectations of the reader. I applaud your awesome story telling, and politely request a sequel.
MungoJerry chapter 56 . 12/19/2010
Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It was a delight to read- EVERY time, and always made my day a little bit brighter. I hope you have many stories left in you (and are blessed with fruitful work!), even if we don't read them here. ;)

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, and happy writing!
MungoJerry chapter 54 . 12/19/2010
*puts on Wolf's Rain OST to sing her into the end* :3
Niyna chapter 56 . 12/19/2010
well, I do love this fic, because of how original it is, among all fics you can find in this site. But you're leaving lots of things unsolved, or maybe it is just me who didn't understand it. Like what happened to all undeads (star, sonya and company) once Omega was dealt with? And what exactly happened to Omega? Like he dies as a vampire, then becomes that fire dragon, then just vanishes in the sun, that's it? What's with the maverick virus suddenly popping up? and what about that attack, was all monsteropolis destroyed? and mooooooooooooost importantly, what about Xenith! LOL I haven't heard from that guy since chapter 36 or something!

I dunno, something about the ending pissed me off a bit, it's like, too quick? I didn't quite get it. And it didn't quite seal the fic either.

Though The ending with Ikari being killed by all souls he killed was nice though. Abd rock's final words too. That was nice.

Hope I'll get to read the maverick prince too!

Other than that, I have nothing to say to you as a writer, I thought your writing style is quite simple to follow, you make stories thrilling to follow; though sometimes I get the feeling you type stuff quick just to get over with it, sometimes you forget some stuff when writing, and sometimes, you don't even use the potential in a story you could use. But other than that I'm more of an artist than a writer so I can't say much. CP did inspire me though lol
Niyna chapter 53 . 12/16/2010
kaelenmitharos chapter 51 . 12/6/2010
Well, I like how things are all coming together. I like how events have all played out. Hehe. X met the most dangerous dragon of them all: Puff...

But seriously, this Ikari Domino story arc looks interesting. Although, I would've preferred not to have his true nature so uncryptically explained in the endnotes-I like the mystery of it better when we have to figure things out for ourselves, and not get the fourth wall broken to reveal that kinda thing. I'd like to see how in the heck our heroes will fight a monster like that. If they even can fight it. Ikari has been playing a deep game for a long time.

And I wonder: will the Possibility Spheres come back into play?

Also, a select few of your reviewers may now be permitted to go soak their own heads. You were playing an awfully deep game yourself, setting everything up so neatly. I'm impressed.
Slife chapter 51 . 12/6/2010
Hey, Child's play made it to the tvtropes fanfic recs! Way to go!
Niyna chapter 51 . 12/5/2010
do you know how much i love this fic!

keep up writing!
MungoJerry chapter 51 . 12/5/2010
...awesome. The Fanfic Predator. XD

Maybe it's just because I'm groggy, but I noticed some confusing sentence structuring/wording that isn't there normally that interfered with my understanding. You probably want to keep an eye on that.

Happy writing!
MungoJerry chapter 50 . 12/5/2010
Nokomis reminds me of Falkor from the book The Neverending Story... actually, THAT'S what this story reminds me of. It's by Michael Ende; if you haven't read it already, I'm sure you'd like it!