Reviews for Friend Ball
Psionicnemesis chapter 13 . 5/7/2012
A great story I must say.

Although the slave ball concept in actuality does not work in anime and manga (it could work in the games although they say its not) it is a still a great plot device and issue to expand upon, I know a Scyther fic with Lyra as the character who was unaware of the mind slaving did so.

Rarely has any fictions explore the possibility of an enslaving ball that over time slowly the pokemon's mind is just overtaken into a "happy" yet forgetting of its past kind of like what occured with the main character which is sad and sorrowful to watch. Makes you wonder if the trainer is aware of it at all yet too focused on battling or what society has dictated as the norm.

Most people tend to focus on the brighter side or positiveness of pokemon training while not as much on the potential negatives and worse than slavery topics. Its nice for the whole bonding moments, but it would not hurt to mix it up with the other side.

I do not blame them, perhaps that is a better sign of people's mentality and/or people being uncomfortable with the idea.

Anyway great work.
Zukone Tekarah chapter 4 . 3/16/2012 and SpyroAgain are too epic for Just two are writing should send your writing to a publisher, you and Spyro. You'd be epic. Outrun .J.K. Rowling, Jeff Kinney, Mary Downing Hahn...Just Everyone. You and Spyro are the clear definition of Fanfiction. Just like Supernatrual is the definition of TV. I don't like the Pokémon Cartoons, honestly...I stick with the games. The cartoons just spoil the games, and therefore the game isn't as exciting.

Anywho...Like Spyro, you get the...(Drumroll, please...) ...FRIEND CODE! Yes, A FC, only if you have Pokémon White and or Black! I'll be looking at it. (BTW, I don't have an account. I'm on Dsi Web Browser.)

Well, anyway...I'm enjoying this Story, and you are the God/Godess of Cliffhangers. So...Inspiring. I love this, just like Spyro's “A shot at friendship”. Good luck with your writing!

Zukone Tekarah
Last Warrior 7 chapter 13 . 2/8/2012
I don't get the ending, if he killed his sister then he will spend the rest of his life wandering around wanting to die, what a tragic story.

This story was very well written, you could see the changes starting to occur in him gradually.

like when he didn't want to come and the evil slave (sorry i mean friend ball) ball made him. This was a very well written story, the only thing I think could use some touch up is the epilogue.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 13 . 1/19/2012
Very lacking in closure. Leaves me hungry for more. I dont know how long it's been since you finished this, but I would love to see a sequel. Poor Je, finally free from the friend ball's binds, yet eternally scarred by his time in captivity. I see so much potential for a sequel! Even as he pursues his sister, he may be pursued by Rikki. He might even continue his struggle with the ball's hold on his mind. I can't say. I have no idea what you have planned. Looking forward to it... If you write it.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 12 . 1/19/2012
Well, that wasn't quite what I expected from that little reunion. I think it's fair to say there's a reason Je became a dark type, and it's not just an immunity to psychics. I have to say I hope this will end well, but I don't believe it will.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 11 . 1/19/2012
Keira? That would just be a lovely bit of irony... Unless of course I'm misinterpreting irony again. Regardless, good chapter. Only a few more to go for me.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 10 . 1/19/2012
Aw, shoot. Your Je evolved into Umbreon. Je is no more? I hope he's in there somewhere. Of course last time I hoped that I was wrong... Poor Taito... BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY!
Omega the Omniscient chapter 9 . 1/19/2012
That was a long one. Very well done. Fears and worries are very clear. It's easy to sympathize with poor Je. Our experiences shape who we are. Our memories are all we have of those experiences. If he loses his family and friend he will have nothing but battles. He'll practically be a machine. I hope he can avoid this fate.
Omega etc chapter 8 . 1/19/2012
The badge makes things worse! I should have remembered as much. Obedience translates to friendship.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 7 . 1/19/2012
Poor Je. Sympathy will do him no good when his mind is being torn apart.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 6 . 1/19/2012
Ooh. Resolve is diminishing. At least Rock isn't completely gone yet.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 5 . 1/19/2012
Gradual it is! Potential friends turn to enemies with a quickness which must be difficult to cope with. I wonder what sort of 'friends' the other pokemon are.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 4 . 1/19/2012
Hm? So the ball's effects are not immediate. Is it gradual or imagined, I wonder.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 3 . 1/19/2012
"Another, louder creature was crashing along behind the arcanine, bigger and much more clumsy." that could only be a human. Ha!

Very emotional at the end there. Poor kid had to save mommy. I hope they'll reunite eventually, but the odds are against them.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 2 . 1/19/2012
Poor little cub doesn't know what's coming his way. Was that Lunan a reference to your oneshot? I wonder what the Arcanine's trainer is like...
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »