Reviews for Georgia's Diary
Belladonna999 chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
This is such a sweet, heartfelt story. I love your writing style - it's so real, but so beautiful at the same time. I played Georgia in my school's production of Curtains last fall and ended up writing a lot about her. Your story fits her so so perfectly - wonderful job!
Instead of Reality chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
"Of course his smile's gone now. He's gone. I must keep reminding myself that I was the one who ended it; I was the one who put it to a stop. I should be feeling relieved, I should be moving on, I shouldn't feel like every breath I take doesn't give me enough air, because he's not in the room- because he doesn't love me."

My heart broke for Georgia. Beautiful! Keep writing, please!
DyanaRoseJill chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
I really like this story. I'm a fan of Curtains as well, and I think that you wrote Georgia very nicely. (I tend to write about Aaron, so it was fun to see "the other side" in a way that meshes very well with how I see things)

Among other things, I like the note about Barbra. It's little ties that aren't obvious unless one is really familiar with the show.

I think it would be very in character for Aaron to hide flowers for her, because he's sneaky like that. And it does seem in character for him. I might borrow that idea...

"It just grew tiring; always trying to boost his confidence, help him out, when he was shutting me out"

"Sometimes..." I am humming now. So another great tie in to the source material.

"Why am I always thinking about him?" - This one too.

I'm not sure if you meant "I am a modern woman" to be a Thataway reference, but it certainly made me think of that song.

"All I can think about is the expression on his face when he got the divorce papers. Those eyes, so lost, so hopeless, broke my heart into a thousand pieces." That line really expressed things nicely. I've always thought that Aaron didn't see it coming.

From a story telling point of view, I like the structure, and how you sandwiched it in between the ideas of Valentine's Day.

Aaron isn't the only one who misses the music.

I'm tempted to write a response from Aaron's side of things. Not that he read her diary, but he had to live through this valentines day as well.

So fantastic job, I loved the story and it's going into my favorites for sure.
katzsoa chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
This was wonderful!
Joss chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
I really liked this. It was something interesting for me to read considering I was in the musical two years ago. ) Keep writing!
GabyGal chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
This simply made my heart melt. It's sweet and sad, but definitely not soppy or badly-written - It's wonderful! It really sounds like it's in Georgia's words.

Also, I love Curtains and am thrilled to see a fan story for it! :)

Gaby G.
Icywingsoffire chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Ahhhhhhh! You can't know how psyched I was to see this fic! I was on the main page, and I saw the plays/musicals link, and I thought, "hmm... could there be a Curtains one?" Imagine my delight when there was!

You see, I did Curtains recently! I played Johnny, and it has weasled its way into my number one favorite musical ever! I'm so happy that someone else out ther appreciates it!

You rock my thespian socks!

Truly yours,