Reviews for Goodbye Stranger
badassumbreon chapter 1 . 7/26
Fantastic one-shot. I absolutely love these kind of stories, especially how it was written here. I think the semi-direct approach that was used in this story makes for really interesting reads. It's also very cool how they were all clearly written from different perspectives, and the situations all differed while having similar connotations and occurrences. Very cool.
MagatsuIza chapter 1 . 4/30
It's sad. And yet I feel another emotion in me. Maybe a something akin to know how they feel? Maybe...
Guest chapter 1 . 11/11/2015
beautiful, and i love how all of the fathers were different!
incorporating both male and female protags was nice instead of going all male :)
Guest chapter 1 . 8/5/2015
Well, at least May/Brendan gets to see her/his dad every day. They're luckier than the other game protags.
ivanthedead chapter 1 . 5/15/2015
Amazing.
ImpossiblyWeird chapter 1 . 1/19/2015
This story is so relatable. I'm in the same situation as May because I don't know my fathers anymore. If you just pay attention to details, Pokemon is so dark and somethings aren't resolved. It's actually really scary. It's frightening for a ten year old to have to go out and face the world. I guess their adventures are ways of coping. It's so sad that all of the last scentences show all of their frustrations towards their fathers. This was such a deep story.
KatGirl444 chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
These stories are so moving. I read them now and wonder why the loose ends of the character's family have yet to be tied up. Even in X and Y, the only place where the father is mentioned is that he gets you a laptop you never use. Thanks for not only giving some insight on it, but also for making my day so much better with the brilliant writing, brilliant situations, and brilliant feelings.
Avabluechaos chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
My God this is me every day of my life... I can relate to the dex holders... especially red I hate my dad now I despise him for what he'd did to my mom like red... when I read this I was like in shock with the similarity... does this mean if I was in the pokemon universe I would be a dex holder?
BlazingKaiogra chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
All I can say about this is that...it's absolutely beautiful. You captured an array of emotions from each protagonist and it's really amazing seeing so many different feelings towards the same, or similar, experiences. I really like what you did with May's situation - I never really thought of it like that.

Overall, really good job! Keep up the good work! c:
Arya May chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
This. This.

I love it. It's always struck me as to how odd it was that every protagonist outside of RSE never has an in-game dad. This fic did wonderfully exploring that aspect.
K chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
Some story's only need one word.

Masterpiece

This is one such story
harukkari chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
I'm sure you have heard this many times already, but this story was just amazing and beautiful. Also heartbreaking as well, especially Red's part... You know, I always did wonder why your father never appears in-game, except for Norman, and this piece really provides something to think about. Beautifully written. Good job.
Johnclaw Dragonhelm chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
So sad...provides a lot of heart-breaking backstory on the characters.
Dorminchu chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
8D
You inspired me.
Thanks.
Paopu Summer chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Heartbreaking. There's no other word for it. Thank you for writing this, it captures each protagonist's personality perfectly. (Thought I'm not sure which person it is for the Sinnoh region.)
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »